Author Topic: [IC] [Art Print] 4C "Cherry" Poster Art  (Read 22171 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: [IC] [Art Print] 4C "Cherry" Poster Art
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 21:24:37 »

Put it on the front! And am I sensing an absyrd X hydrospell collabo?

Usually on the front bottom left or right. A lot do edition on one side and signature on the other-that's my fav :)

Offline Coconut

• otaku4lyfe
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 23:17:39 »
i learned it was edition on the left, title in the middle and signature/year on the right of the image printed

but dont worry about this youll be learning it in the class!!! itll be tons of fun and pretty messy but fun XD

i definitly want to hear your experience with screenprinting lol
the agony of lining up the layers ;_;

"a whole coconut is a strong coconut" -paicrai

Offline Tigermelon

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 00:03:52 »
1) Would you buy this poster? [yes][no]
2) How much would you pay for one, incl. shipping? [below $25][$25-$45][$45-$60][$above $60]
3) How much would you pay for one if these are limited to 100pcs only, incl. shipping? [below $45][$45-$60][$60-$75][$above $75]
4) Where are you based? [your country] (this is so I can find out what it's gonna cost to ship this to you in a cardboard tube)
5) I want to add a hand-lettered title on this poster too. It will be to the bottom of the four switch images. What should it say? [Geekhack][Cherry Blossom][suggest something]

1. Yes
2. Anywhere below 35 tbh.
3. Well you've stated a limited run of 50 so yeah, Still <35
4. USA
5. Uhhh that's up to everyone else, I don't really mind either way. As long as the hand drawn font isn't ugly, I'm good.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 00:36:30 »
1. Yes
2&3. It would depend on how large it was. Would be willing to pay more for a larger print (or a 4-print set, if they're split).
4. Canada
5. I like the look and simplicity of the serifed "MX" that's mocked up a few posts up.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 02:47:50 »
2) How much would you pay for one, incl. shipping? [below $25][$25-$45][$45-$60][$above $60]
3) How much would you pay for one if these are limited to 100pcs only, incl. shipping? [below $45][$45-$60][$60-$75][$above $75]
4) Where are you based? [your country] (this is so I can find out what it's gonna cost to ship this to you in a cardboard tube)
5) I want to add a hand-lettered title on this poster too. It will be to the bottom of the four switch images. What should it say? [Geekhack][Cherry Blossom][suggest something]

1. Yes
2. $25-$45
3. $25-$45, again.
4. United States
5. Just "Cherry"

And Hyrdo, I would gladly ship you a topre stem in the hopes of getting some artwork similar to this done with it.  :) (As long as I can get it back :P)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 02:53:28 »
i learned it was edition on the left, title in the middle and signature/year on the right of the image printed

but dont worry about this youll be learning it in the class!!! itll be tons of fun and pretty messy but fun XD

i definitly want to hear your experience with screenprinting lol
the agony of lining up the layers ;_;

Yep. #/# on left. Title in middle handwritten in quotes. Sig (with or without year) on right.

And registration with screenprinting can be rough, especially if you are like me and don't give 100% of ****s.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 12:47:34 »

1. Yes
2. $25-$45
3. $25-$45
4. United States
5. MX

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:43:08 »
Tigermelon, user 18, Air tree, Seranite
Thanks guys, I've got your interest registered.

Thanks for the further pointers on editions, signatures, etc

I have some updates on the artwork (will also post on OP so newcomers get the latest info)

1) I would like to create some white space around the stem to further emphasize the colour of the switches.

2) The title and edition/signature will be laid out like this and printed. I will then hand-number each copy and sign on the right :)

I know the "MX" is fugly currently, will work on the lettering!!!  :mad:

3) Here's an updated overall view of the layout

Feedback eberybodyrrrrr!
⌨ Filco MJ2 MX Blues / M0116 Orange Alps / Homemade 60% MX Reds / M0110

Cherry MX art prints 20/50 still available!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:44:13 »
Yes I'll take one of those as is.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:49:15 »

I have some updates on the artwork (will also post on OP so newcomers get the latest info)

1) I would like to create some white space around the stem to further emphasize the colour of the switches.
Show Image

2) The title and edition/signature will be laid out like this and printed. I will then hand-number each copy and sign on the right :)
Show Image

Show Image

Feedback eberybodyrrrrr!

Loving it. 10/10 will buy.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:56:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Feedback eberybodyrrrrr!

Loving it. 11/10 will buy.

FTFY

I love it, and I look forward to the buy!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Seranite

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:59:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Feedback eberybodyrrrrr!

Loving it. 11/10 will buy.

FTFY

How dare you put another one in my mouth!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: [IC] [Art Print] 4C &quot;Cherry&quot; Poster Art
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:04:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Feedback eberybodyrrrrr!

Very nice! You don't need to actually write "edition" or "artist" on the print. Unless you just put those as a placeholder. Just numbers and a signature :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:06:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Feedback eberybodyrrrrr!

Loving it. 111/10 will buy.

FTFY

How dare you put another one in my mouth!

Oh I'm sorry. I'll put the next one in the mail.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:09:38 »
Lol so cray

Halv I just thought it'd be fun to do a little 'template' for it so the entire thing looks a little more deliberate. Is the 'edition' and 'artist' label too much? Visually speaking.

I am getting silkscreen quotes for my test run as we speak but the silkscreen company is slow to respond... Zzz. Will head down to paper store tomorrow as its Saturday! Yay

Offline Seranite

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:43:04 »
Lol so cray

Halv I just thought it'd be fun to do a little 'template' for it so the entire thing looks a little more deliberate. Is the 'edition' and 'artist' label too much? Visually speaking.

I am getting silkscreen quotes for my test run as we speak but the silkscreen company is slow to respond... Zzz. Will head down to paper store tomorrow as its Saturday! Yay

I know I'm not Halverson, but I wanted to put my two cents in on the labels. I personally like the edition and artist, for me, it creates a talking point if someone else looks at the poster and it would be interesting to me to see which poster I have (in relation to printing order). Also it's not big or obtrusive at all, MX is still the main visual when looking at the bottom half and the other two lines of text are equally spaced away from MX which is visually appealing to me. I love symmetry!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:46:42 »

Lol so cray

I know I'm not Halverson, but I wanted to put my two cents in on the labels. I personally like the edition and artist, for me, it creates a talking point if someone else looks at the poster and it would be interesting to me to see which poster I have (in relation to printing order). Also it's not big or obtrusive at all, MX is still the main visual when looking at the bottom half and the other two lines of text are equally spaced away from MX which is visually appealing to me. I love symmetry!

I think I may have said that wrong. I meant the literal words "edition" and "artist". I want just the numbers, the title, and your signature.

We kind of know what 25/50 would mean and same with a hand written name.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:09:42 »
Halv - understood what you meant the first time round  ;D However it is my intention for the print to look like this when all is printed, signed and numbered:

* Untitled-1.png (8.79 kB. 393x312 - viewed 84 times.)

That said, if you really don't like it and would like just the MX title, I am happy to mask out the 'labels' when printing your edition and just sign and number like how other people normally do it.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:20:29 »

Lol so cray

I think I may have said that wrong. I meant the literal words "edition" and "artist". I want just the numbers, the title, and your signature.

We kind of know what 25/50 would mean and same with a hand written name.

I was under the impression that the words "edition" and "artist" would actually be replaced with the edition number and artist name.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:26:47 »
Eh. crap.

I think I would like the title as part of the design, so that will be in proper lettering for sure.

For signature and edition, does everyone agree then that they just want the signature and number? No fancy shmancy 'labels'? If that's the consensus I'll just take it away.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:30:11 »
I'm fine either way.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 04:34:41 »
I'd be interested!

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 07:43:36 »
You're the artist, if you'd prefer the labels I'm cool with it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 08:07:19 »
I'd also like to see just #/50 and your name and no "Edition" or "Artist". But like Halverson said, it's your art, don't let us backseat drive how you work.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 23:14:33 »
LOL Crampin' my style  :p

Here's the MX lettering I'm settling on:

Dropping the "edition" / "artist" labels.

Here's the full layout as of now.

Updates:
  • Ordered test print screens
  • Asked for postage rates from post office, it's looking possible to ship everyone their print directly in 2 weeks (10 working days) or less and still keep cost at $35 per print but I'll only know for sure when I try to ship the actual damn poster (which have to be printed first). For now I am still aiming for a price of $35 per print, above postage inclusive. 
  • Probably have go with artwork size of 35cm x 40cm due to cost of silkscreen.
  • Will continue updating this IC thread with pics of test prints, actual print run etc. Will close IC thread and open group buy thread only when I have the actual final posters ready.
  • Am heading out now to look for the papurrr.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 23:16:53 »
Awesome updates!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:33:09 »
Awesome updates!

Hell yeah.

And I still don't know how you are going to do it for $35 shipped. Awesome.

With a cheap custom frame with just acrylic, it'll probably be $100-$125 on the wall. Some may choose just to tack it up (you can do this by placing tacks around using the lips of them to hold it and not through the print).

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 13:13:40 »
1: Yes
2: Ideally sub $50
3: Ideally sub $50
4: USA
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 19:29:25 »
Quick updates:

1)

2)
Will test print all all these types of paper and do detailed scan or photograph.

3) Test screens supposed to arrive today - excite!

1: Yes
2: Ideally sub $50
3: Ideally sub $50
4: USA

Noted and registered, ImAWildDeer.

Awesome updates!

Hell yeah.

And I still don't know how you are going to do it for $35 shipped. Awesome.

With a cheap custom frame with just acrylic, it'll probably be $100-$125 on the wall. Some may choose just to tack it up (you can do this by placing tacks around using the lips of them to hold it and not through the print).

My main variable now is shipping cost, once that's under control I am confident I can do $35 shipped, otherwise will discuss separately with you guys on proxy shipping to control cost for everyone. So far everyone's mostly in the US or Canada so it should be manageable.

Let's hope Singpost doesn't screw me up :)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 23:01:22 »
Interested in this just to have some art for my future stable living situation!

1) Would you buy this poster? [yes]
2) How much would you pay for one, incl. shipping? [$25-$45]
3) How much would you pay for one if these are limited to 100pcs only, incl. shipping? [below $45]
4) Where are you based? [USA-CA]
5) Don't really care as long as its simple and doesn't take up too much room!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 23:52:23 »

3) How much would you pay for one if these are limited to 100pcs only, incl. shipping? [below $45]

Registered! Honoured that you would want this for your future house! (stable ? are you a horse?  :-X)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 23:56:34 »

Registered! Honoured that you would want this for your future house! (stable ? are you a horse?  :-X)

haha no I'm about to graduate college! I'll be moving around a bit as I have an internship just for the summer, so I won't be able to set up my desk anywhere. When I do finally settle down, I would love to have this hang over my desk.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 00:07:05 »
Congratulations! Sorry I cannot resist (bad) punny jokes :(

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 03:11:28 »

Hmmmmmmmm

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 19:48:54 »

Did some late night test runs

1) The brown was too watery out of the jar. Will have to try again or return it.

2) Apparently I need something called a transparent base to make the colours more transparent, in order to achieve the overprinting layers I wanted. #noob

3) Thank goodness for water soluble silkscreen ink.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 20:27:41 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

1) The brown was too watery out of the jar. Will have to try again or return it.

2) Apparently I need something called a transparent base to make the colours more transparent, in order to achieve the overprinting layers I wanted. #noob

i have no idea what's going on art wise, but it looks like some good progress!

I forgot to ask this before, will you be saving a slot (for a fixed amount of time) in the group buy for the people who showed interest here? I'm worried that I may forget to check and have them be all taken.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 20:59:12 »

I forgot to ask this before, will you be saving a slot (for a fixed amount of time) in the group buy for the people who showed interest here? I'm worried that I may forget to check and have them be all taken.

I doubt all 50 pieces will be sold by the first day although it'd be nice if that happens  :cool:
However the concern is valid and I will probably PM everyone who showed interest to ask if you want in once the group buy launches. Saving a slot for a fixed time is a way around this too but I'd have to think a bit more about this before I decide whether to do it, and how long that fixed time slot is.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Offline Seranite

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 22:05:01 »

I doubt all 50 pieces will be sold by the first day although it'd be nice if that happens  :cool:
However the concern is valid and I will probably PM everyone who showed interest to ask if you want in once the group buy launches. Saving a slot for a fixed time is a way around this too but I'd have to think a bit more about this before I decide whether to do it, and how long that fixed time slot is.

Thanks for bringing this up!

This was a major concern of mine as well. Thank you for addressing it!

Offline Seranite

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 22:07:37 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Great progress so far, you live and you learn.  ;)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 07:55:10 »
Yay color!!!!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 07:58:36 »
Thanks for all the updates / process!

Still jealous Halv is getting an AP.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:04:30 »

I'm jealous that the earth is closer to you than me

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:08:24 »

Are you calling me fat and short?

Offline Seranite

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:11:15 »

I think he's saying that he's a space shark.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:12:25 »

Without going off topic, I'm saying itd be cool if we were closer so we could share the art in person.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:25:58 »

Without going off topic, I'm saying itd be cool if we were closer so we could share the art in person.

Yeah! Look at me who has this thread in his signature sending this OT! Ooooops.

Thanks for bringing it back on track.

This art would be much better if we all got together and compared the different variations.

Speaking of which... this could be a "varied" edition with different colored layers between prints!

Offline hadees

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 13:57:02 »
Looks cool, I think it would do well in a coworking facility I work in.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 00:27:18 »
Good progress so far! I'm looking forward to seeing a print closer to the image shown here.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 14:57:00 »
I like where this thread is going.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:58:33 »
Sorry I haven't updated much these past few days! Went on a short trip to Malaysia. Will be getting the transparent base when I can this week, to try to get a better tint with the colours.