Author Topic: Realforce R2 Spacebar Purchases  (Read 7230 times)

Offline sjp3568

Realforce R2 Spacebar Purchases
« on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 22:45:30 »
Hey guys. I recently purchased this baby: Realforce R2TL-US4-BK-L

While trying to reverse my spacebar... I made a scratch on the keycap. Turns out there's no way to fix this?

So I am trying to buy a new spacebar for it and I just cannot find one! Only topre switch keycaps available is HHKB and those are 6u while mine measures 6.25u... Anyone know a place I might be able to purchase Topre 6.25u spacebar? Or better yet, fix the scratch on this PBT spacebar?

Thanks all!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Realforce R2 Spacebar Purchases
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 23:02:34 »
after 10 minutes of googling i also came up short

so i looked around in the unusual sources and couldn't find anything either

might be worth contacting support?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sjp3568

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 23:50:49 »
after 10 minutes of googling i also came up short

so i looked around in the unusual sources and couldn't find anything either

might be worth contacting support?
Darn man... Yeah I reached out to both Leopold (original producer) and ebay seller... Lets see what they have to say. :(

Offline zstsc

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:06:45 »
could you update us if you are lucky to buy one new? or the whole keyset?

because I am also currently searching for one as well. Thanks!

Offline sjp3568

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 10:47:40 »

So I reached out to 3 places. Leopold, Realforce, and Ebay seller who sold me the keybaord. Both Leopold and Realforce came back with a short answering say "no" they do not have any keycaps available. Ebay seller did tell me that Realforce only produce limited amount of keycaps 3-4 times a year and they do not foresee Reaforce releasing a new keycap anytime soon... It sucks.

Offline nelamvr6

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 12:29:20 »

So I reached out to 3 places. Leopold, Realforce, and Ebay seller who sold me the keybaord. Both Leopold and Realforce came back with a short answering say "no" they do not have any keycaps available. Ebay seller did tell me that Realforce only produce limited amount of keycaps 3-4 times a year and they do not foresee Reaforce releasing a new keycap anytime soon... It sucks.

This is my biggies gripe against the topre ecosystem, no keycaps. You'd think they would at least be interested in making money off the enthusiast market...
Keychron Q6 w/ Zeal Clickiez | IBM Model F AT | Leopold FC660C | HHKB Type S

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 17:56:10 »
Drop has some (allegedly) 6.25u Topre space bars.

https://drop.com/buy/topre-pbt-spacebars?mode=guest_open

Although the discussions on the page do call in question whether they are 6u or 6.25u.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 19:27:57 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ