Author Topic: [GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Finished)  (Read 92539 times)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

[GB] GMK Coral - $650 Donated to Coral Reef Alliance (Finished)
« on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 17:59:13 »

GB is now OVER!

Total Donation Amount: $650 USD

Why are you doing this?
More
I don't know about you, but I find coral reefs to be absolutely beautiful and stunning; however, coral reefs face a very serious threat from us, humans. From destructive fishing to climate change, these external factors threaten approximately 75% of the world's coral reefs.

Some small statistics (pulled from NOAA)
  • Support more than 275 million people worldwide.
  • Protect coastlines in more than 100 countries - helping defend against storms and erosion.
  • Accounts for 15% of gross domestic product in more than 20 countries.
  • Hold the potential to fight disease - including treatments for cancer, HIV, malaria, and other diseases.

I designed these keycaps around the Pantone 2019 color of the year: Living Coral (16-1546)

What is the goal of this?
More
My goal for this is to be able to make a contribution to the Coral Reef Alliance so they can continue to help save our coral reefs. (Charity Navigator rates them highly, but if you have other suggestions, I am open to it)

"The Coral Reef Alliance's (CORAL) mission is uniting communities to save coral reefs. Working with people around the world-from fishermen to government leaders, divers to scientists, Californians to Fijians-the Coral Reef Alliance protects our most valuable and threatened ecosystem. We lead holistic conservation programs that improve coral reef health and resilience and are replicated across the globe. At the heart of our work are Adaptive Reefscapes - networks of healthy reefs that can adapt to climate change because they are diverse, connected and large."

Donation Percentage/Transparency
More

First and foremost, these percentages are from my proceeds.

Base kit: 25%
Coral Relief kit: 100%
40s kit: 25%
Spacebar kit: 25%
Novelties: 25%

All orders with a shipping address or billing address that is located in Australia will have 100% of the proceeds from their order donated to the Coral Reef Alliance.

Transparency: I plan on releasing the total donation amount shortly after the group buy is finished. A screenshot of my donation via the Coral Reef Alliance's website, as well as, the donation amount being pulled from my bank account will be posted together. I plan on having a post group buy update across all channels.

The Vendors

NA: TX Keyboards
EU: My Keyboard
ASIA/OCE: Daily Clack
Others can order here

Marble Wrist Rest by MarbleKeebs - Raffle form here (Open till end of GB)

Final GB Numbers

Thank you Dvorcol!

The Pricing

The Banderole

The Colors

The Kits

Base kit (25% of proceeds will be donated)

"Coral Relief" kit (100% of proceeds will be donated)

40s/Ortho kit (25% of proceeds will be donated)

Spacebar kit (25% of proceeds will be donated)

Novelties (25% of proceeds will be donated)

(Thanks OneCreativeMind)

All orders with an Australian shipping or billing address will have 100% of their proceeds donated.

The Extras

Deskmat

Artisan by Salvun

Cables by Donut Cables

Wrist Rests by MarbleKeeb

More photos
GB page

The Renders
Thanks kingk22, Clavier, Abec13

Prime_E

View More
More

TGR 910

View More
More

Fjell

View More
More

More renders (older)
More

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 September 2020, 18:04:30 by HoodrowThrillson »
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (LIVE LIVE LIVE!)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 09:57:05 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 12:45:10 »
Approved :thumb:
Thank you.

WE ARE LIVE BOYS (AND GIRLS)!

All vendors have their doors open (sorry for the delay y'all, was taking care of things IRL).

NA: TX Keyboards
EU: My Keyboard
ASIA/OCE: Daily Clack
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline mirari

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 13:59:48 »
I'm in.

Made a GH just to comment.

This is the best kitted GMK set this month imo. Numpad and ISO in the base kit with decent mod support for $129. No silly main weeb legends or some other gimmick. Alternate color alphas kit that also supports numpad unlike Cafe while also allowing buyers to potentially outfit 2 boards. Fantastic 40s kit. Some of the money goes to a great charity and cause.

What is not to like here other than subjective tastes in color?

Wish this set the best.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 16:51:52 »
That novelty pn the right is amazing!  :thumb:

Offline Atlantic

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 17:07:50 »
best of luck!

Offline apejonk

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 18:02:22 »
Really like the "Coral Relief" kit pictures.

The bottom row in the basic set is bit weird though. I think Super and Alt are switched.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, stepped control users, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Timothy 1:5)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 18:44:10 »
I'm in.

Made a GH just to comment.

This is the best kitted GMK set this month imo. Numpad and ISO in the base kit with decent mod support for $129. No silly main weeb legends or some other gimmick. Alternate color alphas kit that also supports numpad unlike Cafe while also allowing buyers to potentially outfit 2 boards. Fantastic 40s kit. Some of the money goes to a great charity and cause.

What is not to like here other than subjective tastes in color?

Wish this set the best.
(Cafe is still a great set)
best of luck!
Thanks my guy.
That novelty pn the right is amazing!  :thumb:
:p
Really like the "Coral Relief" kit pictures.

The bottom row in the basic set is bit weird though. I think Super and Alt are switched.
Super is in place of a "windows" key so it should be correct.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 19:40:32 »
Yeh, Super and Alt have swapped their spots. Gets your attention tho :P

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 19:48:41 »
Yeh, Super and Alt have swapped their spots. Gets your attention tho :P
...oh are they swapped.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 18:53:15 »
very good number after only 24 hours from my side (NA). I do not think we will have any problems with base kits being made :thumb:
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 18:52:32 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2019, 19:13:55 by dvorcol »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 07:08:50 »
Show Image

Thank you for your hard work, makes GBs easier to navigate and see the status of them.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:24:34 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2019, 01:07:59 by dvorcol »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 08:23:37 »
If this doesn't pick up steam it will be a sleeper set for sure. People are going to get jealous once it ships.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 14:12:56 »
If this doesn't pick up steam it will be a sleeper set for sure. People are going to get jealous once it ships.
It's been a busy month so I don't blame people for choosing others.

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 14:14:59 »
Excuse my ignorance, but what happens if the kit doesn't reach MOQ? Regardless, I bought the base pack because this is a beautiful set and plan on adding it to a Rama keyboard.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (LIVE LIVE LIVE
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 16:55:43 »
Historically, if the base set makes MOQ and a child kit gets to ~70-75% of the way, the child kit gets run. The more total kits sold, the more likely a straggler that doesn’t make MOQ gets added. Sometimes vendors buy extra. Sometimes users buy extra (pick up another base and child kit, sell them later on mechmarket).

Some kits fail. Different vendors handle this differently. At drop.com, if a kit doesn’t make it, you can keep the rest of your order, or cancel the whole thing. With TX-you’d have to ask them.

For coral...dunno about the 40s, but I think the others have a decent chance of making it.

What Rama board will you pair it with? I got a percent volt in mango I though might look good with this.

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 10:54:45 »
Historically, if the base set makes MOQ and a child kit gets to ~70-75% of the way, the child kit gets run. The more total kits sold, the more likely a straggler that doesn’t make MOQ gets added. Sometimes vendors buy extra. Sometimes users buy extra (pick up another base and child kit, sell them later on mechmarket).

Some kits fail. Different vendors handle this differently. At drop.com, if a kit doesn’t make it, you can keep the rest of your order, or cancel the whole thing. With TX-you’d have to ask them.

For coral...dunno about the 40s, but I think the others have a decent chance of making it.

What Rama board will you pair it with? I got a percent volt in mango I though might look good with this.

Just grabbed the M65-B in Ice last night, think these bright fun colours will look amazing on the clear poly case. Only problem now is the wait!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (Over 50% towards MOQ!)
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 11:46:00 »
Total of all vendors' orders through 10/24.

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2019, 01:07:24 by dvorcol »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 18:08:37 »

Just grabbed the M65-B in Ice last night, think these bright fun colours will look amazing on the clear poly case. Only problem now is the wait!

+1, this is going on my polycarbonate Return 60%.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline tfcrackers

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 07:15:34 »
Any updates on how this is going?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 08:15:45 »
2 days ago we were at 155 base kits. I'll be providing a week 3 update Friday/Saturday.

GB is open until the 11th so we have another week and a half before Coral closes.

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 13:46:04 »
Hey all, new user here, just purchased my base set. Crazy how this GB hasn't reached MOQ yet...

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 14:22:12 »
Hey all, new user here, just purchased my base set. Crazy how this GB hasn't reached MOQ yet...

It's a crazy busy time for GMK buys, 11 of them this month alone, but I'm hoping this set and child kits all make it. I had to recover from some other buys before putting in my order this week.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 14:23:13 »
I’m in for base + alphas.

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 06:53:53 »

Agreed! Fantastic colour choices here, surprised this hasn't blown up.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:26:12 by ZoomBoy »

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:25:36 »
2 days ago we were at 155 base kits. I'll be providing a week 3 update Friday/Saturday.

GB is open until the 11th so we have another week and a half before Coral closes.

Send out another CRM, should engage anyone on the fence. Add language about the kit expiring soon.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 19:26:38 »

More
<--history to date
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2019, 17:26:41 by dvorcol »

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
I’m surprised at how slow this has been but we’ll make it!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline HoodrowThrillson

I’m surprised at how slow this has been but we’ll make it!
We'll slowly but surely make our way towards MOQ   :D

Offline MarbleKeeb

• Bring Marble to Keyboards
    • MarbleK Website
Great Keycaps Set ! Love that colorful combination ! :thumb:

I will be a big missed opportunity for a lot of people  :eek:

Offline Valynar

Just bought the base + novelties, just a question though...

Any idea when these will ship? My guess was summer 2020, but any info would be appreciated.

Anyway, great set!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Just bought the base + novelties, just a question though...

Any idea when these will ship? My guess was summer 2020, but any info would be appreciated.

Anyway, great set!
Queue times are ever changing but my hope is Q2 2020

Offline HoodrowThrillson

<quote snipped>

Depends on if we hit MOQ with some of the kits in the last few days. Base kits will be bought out if we don't hit MOQ.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 July 2021, 13:45:53 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

<quote snipped>

Depends on if we hit MOQ with some of the kits in the last few days. Base kits will be bought out if we don't hit MOQ.

Any updated numbers on the CR and Spacebar kits?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 July 2021, 13:46:06 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline stevits

Order placed for 2 base, 2 novelties, alphas and space. 

Offline ossetepo

I'm already in on this for one of every kit, considering second kits for a couple.  If this doesn't make MOQ do you plan to extend the GB time at all?  I'd really like to see as much of this set make it as possible.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
All vendors reporting 11/7.

More
<--history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2019, 17:19:23 by dvorcol »

Offline utdconsq

Got my order in! Now what to put it on, that is the question...I am so so tempted by KingRama's latest 65...

Offline tfcrackers

got my set in as well. can't wait!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Hello and good morning from the East Coast of America, let me just briefly update everyone on the status of GMK Coral.

First, the GB will be extended to the 18th to allow time for those that were worried about certain sets not meeting MOQ to place an order in as well as allowing more time to those that are interested but have not ordered.

Most importantly, the following kits have reached MOQ or will be bought out.
  • Base
  • "Coral Relief"
  • Space bars
  • Novelties

You may be wondering where the 40s/Ortho kit is, well here's the deal. We will talk to GMK on Tuesday to negotiate what we can do to make these kits made. We hope to hear back and have a straightforward answer before the week is up. Please give this kit some much needed love.

Count by Dvorcol will be provided later for those interested in where we currently sit.

Finally, thanks to those that have either bought something from GMK Coral or have donated directly to the Coral Reef Alliance. Also shout out to those starting to incorporate donations to charities in their GBs/ICs.

smol edit: if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please post here as I'll be monitoring it or DM me on Discord @Hoodrow Thrillson#6850
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2019, 08:53:58 by HoodrowThrillson »

Offline Lormania

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (Extended till Nov. 18th)
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 12:32:04 »
Let's go 40's!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
More
Hello and good morning from the East Coast of America, let me just briefly update everyone on the status of GMK Coral.

First, the GB will be extended to the 18th to allow time for those that were worried about certain sets not meeting MOQ to place an order in as well as allowing more time to those that are interested but have not ordered.

• Base
  • "Coral Relief"
  • Space bars
  • Novelties

You may be wondering where the 40s/Ortho kit is, well here's the deal. We will talk to GMK on Tuesday to negotiate what we can do to make these kits made. We hope to hear back and have a straightforward answer before the week is up. Please give this kit some much needed love.

Count by Dvorcol will be provided later for those interested in where we currently sit.

Finally, thanks to those that have either bought something from GMK Coral or have donated directly to the Coral Reef Alliance. Also shout out to those starting to incorporate donations to charities in their GBs/ICs.

smol edit: if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please post here as I'll be monitoring it or DM me on Discord @Hoodrow Thrillson#6850

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:30:11 by dvorcol »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

More

• Base
  • "Coral Relief"
  • Space bars
  • Novelties

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you Dvorcol, as always.

Offline asianfork

• Alice
Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (Extended till Nov. 18th)
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 21:45:46 »
Hoping more people discover about this set and want it!

Offline egstad

• EGSTAD.COM
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 22:36:54 »
Lovely! I'm interested in the base and 40s!

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 12:34:36 »
Glad you decided to keep this open a few extra days; got mine.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:28:59 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2019, 14:08:30 by dvorcol »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [GB] GMK Coral - Benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (Closed)
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 05:44:41 »
GB closed. Final numbers to be posted within a day or two. Also, total donation amount to be calculated during the same time.