Author Topic: Drop Feedback Thread  (Read 55940 times)

Offline MassdropAlex

Drop Feedback Thread
« on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 14:10:47 »
Leave any feedback here!

Mod Edit: Changed title to reflect vendor name.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2022, 14:56:02 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: Massdrop Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 16:57:55 »
So I ordered GMK Royal Alpha TA in the first drop and received my sets, but my ISO enter key arrived scratched.

I put in a support thread asking for a replacement on July 21, 2016 and was told I would get a replacement. I waited patiently and never received the key so I bumped my support request and was told I could no longer get a replacement.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 17:52:21 »
I have participated in about 8 or 9 drops.

My 2 cents.

Firstly

I feel that Massdrop as of late is putting profit and quantity over quality. I completely understand that as a business your main focus is to maximize profits. That is perfectly fine. You should be doing that.

But, if this is the case you should also be making an extra effort to ensure that the quality of product does not diminish or suffer.

Recent examples that I can think of.....Pulse (shift keys).... Round 2 Topre Space bars quality....Whitefox delays.

It seems that you let some of the vendors get in over their heads as to what they can provide. It's probably pretty easy once they see the money involved. But, is only common sense that the quality will suffer if they are struggling to do the work.

Is there a fix for this?

Perhaps it means putting limits on your group-buys as to not overwhelm the vendors you deal with. So maybe their production and quality control have time to do a quality job.

Maybe it means having a floating delivery date depending on the amount of participants in the group buy, to alleviate the pressure on the vendor.

.....I don't know. But I think that is something you need to figure out and improve on.

There is no doubt that you have had some great group-buys in the past that have gone through without a hitch, but is seems the ones with a large number of participants struggle.

Lastly

I haven't seen anything as of late that interest me.

The hobby is booming. 2017 is looking to be a great year for the hobby.

And yet your offerings don't reflect that. A majority of what you offer is Signature Plastics flavor of the month, Budget mechs, switch testers and re-drops (best of massdrop).

There are plenty opportunities for interesting drops out there.

Please stop trying to sell me a switch tester over and over again.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 18:18:19 »
So I put in for replacement keys for GMK Carbon and just got a partial refund and credit on my account because apparently they can't get replacement keys.

****ing bull****.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 19:16:39 »
So I put in for replacement keys for GMK Carbon and just got a partial refund and credit on my account because apparently they can't get replacement keys.

****ing bull****.
Wow...I wasn't going to spend anymore money with massdrop anyway but if this is going to be their policy who in their right mind would buy keycaps with the possibility of having a couple missing caps and never being able to complete a set.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 19:48:09 »

****ing bull****.
Wow...I wasn't going to spend anymore money with massdrop anyway but if this is going to be their policy who in their right mind would buy keycaps with the possibility of having a couple missing caps and never being able to complete a set.

Don't know if it it Massdrop's fault or GMK but either way it is unacceptable. Here is the email I received.

"I’m reaching out to you in regards to a replacement keycap request we’ve been trying to fulfill on your behalf through our vendor. After much patience, communication and back and forth: we’ve been informed they are unavailable to order either individually or in sets outside of a large drop.

I’ve gone ahead and issued a partial refund of $5 for the missing keycap. Additionally, I’ve added a $10 coupon to your Massdrop member profile. If you join a drop in the future, it will automatically be applied to the next drop you join, after the drop ends.

We understand this is less than ideal and very much appreciate your patience and understanding. Our teams are working very closely with our vendors to increase the efficiency and decrease the time required to source these types of complimentary replacements. "

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 16:29:07 »
Please Please give us the option to use something other then Fedex Smartpost! its horrible! I will happily pay a bit extra! or pay shipping period to get a reliable service such as UPS, Fedex, or even USPS... instead of Fedex Smartpost!. I am not even sure why but there service is horrible its like your a 3rd or 4th rate customer. I had a product ship Friday! hit NC Saturday... and has sat there... today's Tuesday! The estimated delivery was Today Tuesday. I am not really upset just I would be happy to pay 5-10 bucks for decent quality shipping on products! Special the more expensive stuff. These are just keycaps but seriously worried my Keyboard kit I ordered will suffer the same fate that was far far more expensive then a set of 30 dollar keycaps.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:02:37 »
Don't mess up my order like you did to iamtootallforthis, how bow dah?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 10:24:21 »
Perhaps I am just lucky? Insanely Lucky? But Massdrop gets nothing but spit on it seems like so here goes. I contacted Massdrop Friday the 13th with an issue. My KBD 75 had dropped san's switches which has been a semi common problem lately with drops and I was expecting it. The switches in question where Speed Coppers.

When I contacted Massdrop I got an email back saying the issue be escalated that the department wasn't open weekends. I totally ok with that..

so fast forward to Monday. They then contact me back asked for photos of my drop. No problem except I already built the keyboard using other switches. I sent photos of keyboard and invoice as they asked. Got contacted with in an hour saying they could do a full refund are I could get the switches by end of November.

I asked for a third option, I wanted a partial refund for the switches. They agreed to this and got the ball rolling. As of today 10/17 I have my refund in my account, we were done. This has been some of the smoothest support transactions I have had period. This is why I defend Massdrop cause they hadn't given me a reason to do otherwise. I figured I just share my experience since others like to share the negative so much.