Author Topic: [SHIPPING] R3 Moogle Kits  (Read 219038 times)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
[PRODUCTION] R3 Moogle Kits
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 14:04:10 »
Nope.

Offline Reptile

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 14:26:54 »
Ok well that makes sense somewhat but at least for me I would never use a flat capslock with my dolch set. I don't know really why any one would; might look cool?

In my mind it would make more sense just for the dolch set to make stepped the standard and the flat the add-on.
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:07:17 »
I'd feel like a fool if I didn't get the PERFECT moogle kit!

But seriously hashbaz, do something about that menu key... the SP one is hideous!  You can adjust the one I sent you :)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:12:49 »
Quote from: cycloverid;552764
I'd feel like a fool if I didn't get the PERFECT moogle kit!

But seriously hashbaz, do something about that menu key... the SP one is hideous!  You can adjust the one I sent you :)

I was planning to use the standard SP one rather than adjusting yours and paying a new fee.  Can you dig up any pictures to support your claims of hideousness?  I don't think there's anything special about Cherry's menu key.

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:17:23 »
I'm just going off what I see in your little template there on the main page.

The line thickness doesn't match either of the two line weights we've chosen - the mouse cursor is all wonky... I dunno.  Just looks like it's tacked on rather than blending in.

EDIT: I guess I'd like to amend that the legend itself isn't all that bad, mainly it's a consistency problem with the cutter size.  The mouse cursor is pretty roughly done though, including the lack of faithfulness to a mouse cursor orientation.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:24:22 by cycloverid »

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:30:52 »
Quote from: hashbaz;552704
Nope.

Meh. Why does everyone use ugly Cherry black on white DS, but no dye subs? That's a crime against fabulosity! PBT Dye Subs >>> ABS Doubleshots

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:34:19 »
Quote from: cycloverid;552774
I'm just going off what I see in your little template there on the main page.

The line thickness doesn't match either of the two line weights we've chosen - the mouse cursor is all wonky... I dunno.  Just looks like it's tacked on rather than blending in.

EDIT: I guess I'd like to amend that the legend itself isn't all that bad, mainly it's a consistency problem with the cutter size.  The mouse cursor is pretty roughly done though, including the lack of faithfulness to a mouse cursor orientation.

Ah, the mockup is just an SVG I found.  You actually didn't send me your Win or Menu.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:35:09 »
Quote from: Zehkul;552782
Meh. Why does everyone use ugly Cherry black on white DS, but no dye subs? That's a crime against fabulosity! PBT Dye Subs >>> ABS Doubleshots

For me, the big deal with doubleshots is the sharpness and contrast of the legends.  There are no white-on-black PBT keys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:37:46 by hashbaz »

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:36:26 »
Quote from: Zehkul;552782

Double shots are the reason I got into this Moogle-kittery - dye subs lack the kick!  Also, if you're going for a Cherry replica, isn't the only option really DS?  ^ what hashbaz said

hashbaz: I'll send them to you tonight then...
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:38:56 by cycloverid »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 15:44:13 »
What do the Anti-Caps people think of making the 1.25x caps lock have a handbag symbol instead of "Caps Lock" on two lines like it is below?  I think it would look sweet and less cluttered.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 45197[/ATTACH]

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 16:22:36 »
I made a simple spreadsheet for estimating my order and would like to share it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am416I1u-cI8dGdfcGlPRWEtbV9qaDlDTnA4LUhJdnc

I don't know how to enable for others to "Make a copy" to make it easier for you guys. Download as excel maybe?

Offline Reptile

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 16:41:20 »
Quote from: rainb1ood;552815
I made a simple spreadsheet for estimating my order and would like to share it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am416I1u-cI8dGdfcGlPRWEtbV9qaDlDTnA4LUhJdnc

I don't know how to enable for others to "Make a copy" to make it easier for you guys. Download as excel maybe?

Holy **** that's a lot of moogle bro

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 16:58:09 »
I know right. lol Im still deciding which or how many for final order.

I hope the we get a lot of order so prices will go down.

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:10:11 »
Hey rainb1ood do you want anymore new black doubleshots to go with your moogles?
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Reptile

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:18:55 »
Quote from: rainb1ood;552842
I know right. lol Im still deciding which or how many for final order.

I hope the we get a lot of order so prices will go down.

They will go down... But for the time being

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:18:57 »
Hi Ed, yes are you selling a partial set again or full this time?

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:22:30 »
I will be keeping the full set for myself. I have a bunch of partials that you can buy though. All brand new.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:25:18 »
Quote from: Reptile;552868
They will go down... But for the time being

Show Image

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:33:32 »
I was kinda curious what that caps lock was going to look like on two lines, but it says 'Control'!!  Is that a mistake hashbaz?

EDIT: I see the image you were going for on the OP.  Make a comparison pic!
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:36:45 by cycloverid »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:42:51 »
Quote from: cycloverid;552890
I was kinda curious what that caps lock was going to look like on two lines, but it says 'Control'!!  Is that a mistake hashbaz?

EDIT: I see the image you were going for on the OP.  Make a comparison pic!

Not sure I'm following you ... I mean the Caps Lock key that's in the bottom left position, replacing the Control key.  Since the Anti-Caps Lock kit is for switching the two.  "Caps Lock" on that little key looks a bit crowded.  I'll come up with a mockup tonight.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:45:42 »
Quote from: hashbaz;552786
There are no white-on-black PBT keys.

Sadly, yeah.

Quote from: cycloverid;552788
Double shots are the reason I got into this Moogle-kittery - dye subs lack the kick!  Also, if you're going for a Cherry replica, isn't the only option really DS?

1.5 mod Cherry dye subs aren't uncommon, you know ;P (And caps is always stepped, damn you, Cherry) I like them more than their double shots, yeah, double shots look better, but PBT feels nicer.
Anyway, double shots will do for the time being. :-D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:48:51 »
Quote from: Zehkul;552909
yeah, double shots look better, but PBT feels nicer.
Anyway, double shots will do for the time being. :-D

I'm with you there.  I replaced the black Cherry set I had on my red Leopold with PBT keys from feng the other day.  I absolutely love the feel, but the legends are really meh.  Shoulda gotten blanks.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 17:55:55 »
I ripped the cardreader out of an AFT MK-5 kiosk I have sitting down here... My sister took her camera with her to japan for a year so it'll be a bit before I can get pictures of (some of) my **** up... Doubleshot powers unite!

Edit: Found "somebody else's" camera, card, 2 dead batteries, and charger. No (proprietary) USB cable though... that was lost long ago. The cardreader frankenstein's alive though.

Edit: Looks like it'll be 100 minutes before I find out if the camera still works...
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 18:22:37 by The_Ed »
R.I.P.ster

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 18:38:13 »
Quote from: hashbaz;552916
I absolutely love the feel, but the legends are really meh.

Yeah lasered legends are meh. Cherry dye sublimation rocks, though.

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2832/ef6kw2ai_jpg.htm

I don't know how often you stumble upon them, I just found mine. (Quite literally, on some junk yard)

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 18:59:15 »
Quote from: hashbaz;552901
Not sure I'm following you ... I mean the Caps Lock key that's in the bottom left position, replacing the Control key.  Since the Anti-Caps Lock kit is for switching the two.  "Caps Lock" on that little key looks a bit crowded.  I'll come up with a mockup tonight.

WHOA!  Okay, that threw me for a loop right there, shows how much I know about keyboard layouts.  :/  I've always really liked the padlock personally, but that layout isn't for me.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:01:23 »
Quote from: hashbaz;552667
My RGBY OP was full of colored, highlighted stuff and it ended up looking like a mess.  With this one I tried to keep the OP as clean and simple as possible, with very short paragraphs and a separate post for updates/order summary.  I only embiggened the important stuff about prices.  I don't want it to turn into an unreadably loud and dense Ragnorock OP. :P

I can't just give a simple breakdown of price at each tier because some of the sets influence each other.  Like if we order a bunch of extra space bars that influences the price of the base kit because space bar might end up in a cheaper tier than the kit as a whole.  ISOADAPT and FULLMOD also share the Enter key, and extra Backlashes influence ISOADAPT.

Having said that, I think it's the case that the sets influencing each other will never cause the prices to go up.  So I will make a breakdown that treats the sets in isolation.  When we get to those breaks for each set, the price might actually be cheaper depending on what else was ordered, but it will never be higher.  I'll work on that and try to get it posted by tonight.

Sounds like a lot of work keeping track of all that.

And this thread is going to be HUGE by the time payments are coming in.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:03:42 »
Hey cycloverid you should make a faux cherry legend for an un-stepped capslock that says "DolchBag". I'm betting that would get quite a few orders as an add-on key.
R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:19:04 »
I'm still hoping that you'll go with the moogle 2 windows and menu. And that you'll make a kit with just 2 windows keys and a menu key. But I would be fine if it also included flat capslock and spacebar since those are the 5 keys that people need to replace from 99-hk sets.
R.I.P.ster

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:23:18 »
Quote from: The_Ed;552989
I'm still hoping that you'll go with the moogle 2 windows and menu. And that you'll make a kit with just 2 windows keys and a menu key. But I would be fine if it also included flat capslock and spacebar since those are the 5 keys that people need to replace from 99-hk sets.

Moogle 2 windows and menu are totally wrong. I recently got one and had to sell it. They just didn't look right. The windows logo is a big blob. Too big and too thick.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:34:31 »
Quote from: lightsout714;552995
Moogle 2 windows and menu are totally wrong. I recently got one and had to sell it. They just didn't look right. The windows logo is a big blob. Too big and too thick.

A blob? You must have gotten a defective one. Mine turned out perfect.
R.I.P.ster

Offline omuerte

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:47:57 »
Quote from: tsangan;552125
Time to spend a fortune ;<

;(
Click Clack

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:49:43 »
The legend was fine, they just were too big on the key I think.  To be fair on myself, I didn't actually finalize that key - I just sent SP the outline and they sized and positioned it.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 19:56:37 »
I like them the size they made them. They're the same size as a shift arrow, which seems appropriate.
R.I.P.ster

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:02:28 »
Yeah, and the menu key would dwarf it too if it were smaller.  I mean, I like my windows key - but I'm open to the critique that it's too big.

Atleast it had a uniform style to the other legends, which is all I ask for this new moogle kit!  Windows is the hardest, because it isn't just lines like the other legends.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:04:43 by cycloverid »

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:10:06 »
The size of windows and menu should always match the size of the shift arrow. At least in my opinion. I wish I could have at least 3 more sets of your moogle 2 windows and menu.
R.I.P.ster

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:27:15 »
Quote from: The_Ed;552999
A blob? You must have gotten a defective one. Mine turned out perfect.

I meant the size it was just too big and bold. We need a comparison of a real cherry DS windows key and a rd2 moogle windows.

Offline cycloverid

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:29:28 »
There is no Cherry DS windows key to my knowledge.  Aren't they all laser printed?  It would have made it a lot easier if there was a DS...

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:31:50 »
I think so.
Here is Dans set. Windows key looks a bit smaller than rd.2 And cycloverid I am not *****ing here and greatly appreciate your work.

http://geekhack.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=45179&d=1332349589

I thought there was DS's but I'm not so sure the windows key is.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:34:36 »
Cherry makes pad-printed and lasered for sure as I have a few sets of both. They may have made dyesub but I don't have a set to confirm. It is a general consensus that DS doesn't exist.
R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:36:58 »
Quote from: lightsout714;553041
I think so.
Here is Dans set. Windows key looks a bit smaller than rd.2 And cycloverid I am not *****ing here and greatly appreciate your work.

http://geekhack.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=45179&d=1332349589

I thought there was DS's but I'm not so sure the windows key is.

Those windows and menu keys are pad-printed.
R.I.P.ster

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 20:40:44 »
Ok sorry. They look nice. Shoot I think I would prefer SP DS's over pad printed.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 21:15:42 »
Whether they're pad printed or doubleshot, they are authentic Cherry.  Personally it's the font that I like about Cherry keys.  I don't care particularly how closely our Win and Menu keys match Cherry's, as long as they look good.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 22:53:36 »
No biggie I'm just kidding.  I share you're frustration of 20 clickclack trading threads in the classified section.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 23:06:39 »
sixty has a new G80-3800 with a capslock that is incompatible with everything. And fugly too.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 45261[/ATTACH]

Edit: His pic not mine
R.I.P.ster

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 23:07:05 »
i saw that, what the hell was cherry thinking.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 23:10:04 »
Quote from: demik;553144
i saw that, what the hell was cherry thinking.

What do you mean thinking? They weren't thinking is the problem.
R.I.P.ster

Offline Creizai

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 23:13:38 »
Made an order looking forward to replacing these ugly black keys on my filco.  If I have to wait any longer I'm just going to order a 87U please my for my wallet lets get this done asap.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 23:13:53 »
good point
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 01:38:17 »
Ok, I've added the following table and list of caveats to the OP.

• I am not committing to these prices
  • They are guesstimates of the future price breaks, posted in order to help people order more freely without panicking over the current (high!) prices
  • Since some sets share keys and thus influence each other's prices, real pricing as we hit these breaks will be different (very likely lower)
  • I don't have quotes from Melissa for the base kit below 25 orders

[table=class: grid, align: left]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]BASEKIT[/td]
[td]FULLMOD[/td]
[td]ISOADAPT[/td]
[td]ANTICAPS[/td]
[td]15MOD[/td]
[td]ISOSHIFT[/td]
[td]STEPCAP[/td]
[td]BLANKMOD[/td]
[td]BACKSLASH[/td]
[td]SPACEBAR[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td] - [/td]
[td]$43[/td]
[td]$29[/td]
[td]$30[/td]
[td]$37[/td]
[td]$11[/td]
[td]$15[/td]
[td]$6   [/td]
[td]$15[/td]
[td]$7   [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]15[/td]
[td] - [/td]
[td]$30[/td]
[td]$20[/td]
[td]$21[/td]
[td]$24[/td]
[td]$8 [/td]
[td]$11[/td]
[td]$4 [/td]
[td]$10[/td]
[td]$5 [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]25[/td]
[td]$29[/td]
[td]$20[/td]
[td]$13[/td]
[td]$14[/td]
[td]$14[/td]
[td]$5 [/td]
[td]$7 [/td]
[td]$3 [/td]
[td]$7 [/td]
[td]$4 [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]50[/td]
[td]$20[/td]
[td]$11[/td]
[td]$8 [/td]
[td]$8 [/td]
[td]$9 [/td]
[td]$4 [/td]
[td]$5 [/td]
[td]$2 [/td]
[td]$4 [/td]
[td]$3 [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]75[/td]
[td]$17[/td]
[td]$9 [/td]
[td]$6 [/td]
[td]$6 [/td]
[td]$7 [/td]
[td]$3 [/td]
[td]$4 [/td]
[td]$1.50[/td]
[td]$3 [/td]
[td]$2.50[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Offline gimpster

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 02:11:32 »
Holy ****e! 11 pages in like 24 hours...you guys are nuts. :) I apologize if this has already been brought up, but I just got done putting in a 16-hour day and I don't have time to read through all of the pages, I need to get to bed. My question is this:

As I recall, the 1.5x Mod Kit was primarily aimed at people who want to keep the 1.5x modifiers but just have them remade in the same style as the rest so they all match. Considering there will probably be a fair number of Phantom owners in that group (e.g. "me" :biggrin:) then the one thing that's missing from this kit to make it complete are 2 1x modifiers in the same color scheme. I realize it may be too late for this to be changed, and I really apologize for missing this detail in the IC thread you ran, but if it wouldn't be too much additional cost to throw in 2 blank 1x modifiers into this kit, then I would greatly appreciate it. If that's not possible then I'll just have to try and get them direct from SP, but I suspect that I'm not the only one who could use them. :nod:
-Ryan