Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 258219 times)

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #650 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:02:39 »
I received a tracking number from Stamps today. Are the corrections for this set already being sent?!  :) I can't think what else it could be.

BTW, I'm typing on this keyset right now and I'm super happy with it. These keys are silky smooth, like typing on warm butter. I have them on cherry blues and it changed the tone drastically. The bottoming out is a much lower sound, but the actuation click is much higher pitched. I don't particularly like blues, but now my keyboard sounds like a full-on typewriter and I'm digging it. Also worth noting, I believe the fact that these keys do not have cross-braces means that we get increased range before bottoming out (and no o-ring compatibility) which I very much like on a typing board, the switch bottoms out internally instead of externally on the brace; this might not be a good feature for gaming.

Not that I'm too upset or anything, but did anyone else's TAB key have a flash mark on the left side?

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #651 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:07:16 »
i got a notification too. Was hoping it was granite :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #652 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:08:15 »
I don't know about other keycap replacements, but I was shipped the wrong size blanks.  I wrote a polite email to SP, had a response within a day (on the weekend), and received a shipping notice on Monday (US Monday, actually Tuesday for me).

Service plus, would buy again :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nomaded

« Reply #653 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:49:46 »
I also got tracking info from Stamps.com. There was a name attached to the email, so it confused me, until I looked at the tracking info, and notice that the originating ZIP code is the same as the previous SP orders.

Again, a well run GB, and I'm extremely happy with the results.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 14:06:44 »
Not that I'm too upset or anything, but did anyone else's TAB key have a flash mark on the left side?

I believe that's a sprue mark.  It's unfortunate that they sometimes have them in less-inconspicuous locations, but it's usually what makes more sense on their end.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #655 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:01:30 »

My Tab key has one visible on the left too.  But I don't go down that side of the keyboard very often, so I hadn't noticed it before.

Doesn't bother me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:09:30 »
I thought it was a sprue mark as well, but then I noticed none of the other keys have it, so I believe the sprue is probably on the key bottom edge. In this case I think it's probably a mold defect.

I didn't complain to SP or anyone else about my wrong keys yet, so I suppose SP took it upon themselves to correct the ones that they know everyone got. Good deal  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #657 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:33:46 »
I thought it was a sprue mark as well, but then I noticed none of the other keys have it, so I believe the sprue is probably on the key bottom edge. In this case I think it's probably a mold defect.

I didn't complain to SP or anyone else about my wrong keys yet, so I suppose SP took it upon themselves to correct the ones that they know everyone got. Good deal  :thumb:

Most of their sprues are either on the front or back of 1x keys, and on the sides of the longer keys.  (and you'll notice that arrow keys for DSA and SA sets have the sprues all on the same side due to using the same mould for all four)  The only out of place thing here is that it's on the outside of the cluster of keys.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 17:35:36 »
A decent sized box with my couple of sets plus numerous extras arrived Monday in Australia. Straight on to the FC660M!
Now, to mod the space bar to fit the odd FC660M stabiliser spacings, so I can get rid of the stock grey bar...
Rad Hard also to come.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 17:37:14 by Cods »
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline maladroid

« Reply #659 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 18:30:02 »
The more I look at the function keys, the more I think they used the letter "I" for "1" and the letter "O" for "0".  I wonder why?  Round4 SPH does not appear to be that way.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 18:36:29 by maladroid »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 18:39:06 »
Just got a stamps notice from someone named barb and I'm assuming its from SP since it said Custer WA. I wonder what its for tho since I haven't reported !much as I haven't gotten the time to go through my nuclears yet

Offline Data

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 18:44:34 »
The more I look at the function keys, the more I think they used the letter "I" for "1" and the letter "O" for "0".  I wonder why?  Round4 SPH does not appear to be that way.
It was my understanding that this practice was common back in the early days of keyboarding. Can anyone confirm?

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
« Reply #662 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 18:50:04 »

Most of their sprues are either on the front or back of 1x keys, and on the sides of the longer keys.  (and you'll notice that arrow keys for DSA and SA sets have the sprues all on the same side due to using the same mould for all four)  The only out of place thing here is that it's on the outside of the cluster of keys.

I see what you mean, but the sprue is one the bottom on the edge of the key. On the tab key, there is something that looks like a sprue but farther up, as you can see in the pic. In fact, you can see what i believe are the sprue marks in the same picture that I posted, but at the bottom of each key.

None of the other keys have the mark that the TAB has, that is why I think it is a defect (in the mold, if other people have keys like this).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #663 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 19:00:04 »
It was my understanding that this practice was common back in the early days of keyboarding. Can anyone confirm?

There was an old typewriter thread here (old typewriters, old thread) that showed a typewriter apparently missing several keys, but someone explained that o0 are the same, 3 and Cyrillic 3 were the same, and a couple of others.

So yes, I believe this was the practice.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 19:02:33 »
A decent sized box with my couple of sets plus numerous extras arrived Monday in Australia. Straight on to the FC660M!
Now, to mod the space bar to fit the odd FC660M stabiliser spacings, so I can get rid of the stock grey bar...
Rad Hard also to come.

That Fn!

Now I realise I missed the specialty kit :(

Oh well.

Oops double post, serves me right for opening too many browser tabs :p

Offline maladroid

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 20:09:55 »

There was an old typewriter thread here (old typewriters, old thread) that showed a typewriter apparently missing several keys, but someone explained that o0 are the same, 3 and Cyrillic 3 were the same, and a couple of others.

Yes, some old typewriters economized that way.  The Remington typewriter that my father used as a clerk typist in the Army in the '50s lacked a key for the number one because you could use a lower-case L instead.  But what has any of that to do with how function keys are legended?  That's apples and oranges.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 November 2014, 20:24:31 by maladroid »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 20:19:27 »
Mine are in the mail, looks like I am going to have to deal with SP again when they get here for any corrections as well.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #667 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 04:45:39 »
Hey guys. I have got another tracking number from SP.

I dont know what package are they sending in now ? I have already got my nuclear data + iso kit + speciality kit  that I had ordered for.

Maybe they are sending in the corrections that have been reported back to them to everyone ??

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #668 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 07:39:04 »
I received a tracking notification from SP as well - though I made no claim. The minus symbol on my numpad is on the small side, but otherwise the set looks great to me. My standards are low, I guess.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #669 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:01:40 »
Just got a stamps notice from someone named barb and I'm assuming its from SP since it said Custer WA. I wonder what its for tho since I haven't reported !much as I haven't gotten the time to go through my nuclears yet

Updates to the Nuclear Data Green base, specialty, Dvorak, and radioactive sets were shipped to original buyers.  In my case, on Tuesday.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #670 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:46:16 »
I know that mentioned before that I would like to do a relegendable GB in conjunction with Out of the Vault: Series II, but I have decided to make it a separate Group Buy Event for those interested. The IC is here.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Data

« Reply #671 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:01:37 »

Yes, some old typewriters economized that way.  The Remington typewriter that my father used as a clerk typist in the Army in the '50s lacked a key for the number one because you could use a lower-case L instead.  But what has any of that to do with how function keys are legended?  That's apples and oranges.

This keyset is based on an old terminal system (obviously) and uses legends/tooling that were brought out of retirement (if I understand samwisekoi correctly) to produce the GB.  I was referencing old keyboards, not necessarily typewriters.  That's how it's related.

Edit:  In fact, if you look at the original board:

You can see how O (oh) and 0 (zero) are a similar shape, zero adding the "strike" to differentiate itself as a numeral.  The fat O and skinny 0 characters haven't always been a thing.

Though they clearly didn't do this with the 1/I/L key on the original board.  So I don't know.  SP's tooling isn't an exact match for the Nuclear Data terminals, it's just perfectly Old School for this keyset.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:09:43 by Data »

Offline maladroid

« Reply #672 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 13:47:03 »
I agree that SP's tooling is appropriately old school, which is why the letters-for-numerals swap makes no sense to me.  The mock-up used to sell this GB certainly does not suggest that that would be done.  I'm glad I bought enough relegendables that I can do my own thing with the function keys.  FI makes me think, "FIE, FI, FO, FUM" and FIO make me think of FiOS.

Offline nilpt

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 16:00:58 »
For your pleasure (and mine...):

The blank ISO return did not come, so I had to make do with an alternate...
IBM 1391410 / Qume terminal keyboard (teensy 2++)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #674 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 09:28:13 »
I just created a post-nuclear [IC] topic.  Please post your beyond Nuclear Data Green comments there.

Carry on with posting about Nuclear Data Green keycaps here.  I, for one, have a package waiting for me back at my office!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #675 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 09:51:17 »
I just created a post-nuclear [IC] topic.  Please post your beyond Nuclear Data Green comments there.

Carry on with posting about Nuclear Data Green keycaps here.  I, for one, have a package waiting for me back at my office!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Duly noted and thank you kind sir!  :thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #676 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 17:35:33 »
That was fast shipping!  Replacement caps came in today :

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 20:22:00 »
:eek: How many replacements did you get?

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #678 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 20:29:53 »

Ha! Most of those are ones I already had.  I think the replacements I got were :

Right Shift
Return
Deep Dish orange arrows
Numpad Multiply
Numpad Minus
Ron's special gift key

Everyone will get different replacements based on what was ordered originally.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #679 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 20:32:05 »

Ha! Most of those are ones I already had.  I think the replacements I got were :

Right Shift
Return
Deep Dish orange arrows
Numpad Multiply
Numpad Minus
Ron's special gift key

Everyone will get different replacements based on what was ordered originally.

Ah, ok, for some reason I thought the laid out set was what you had, and everything in plastic bags were replacements :))

Offline 01111000

« Reply #680 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 20:39:32 »
Thanks for the GeekHack key.  It was a nice, unexpected, surprise :)
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline Data

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 20:56:24 »
Got mine as well. This was a far faster turnaround than I imagined. Is SP always this quick with replacements or is somebody up there a fan?

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #682 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 22:05:18 »
I just received the replacement pack. It came with Shift, Return, numpad -, numpad x, two sets of arrow keys, and GH key. Were the two arrow sets intentional?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #683 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 22:28:05 »
Got mine as well. This was a far faster turnaround than I imagined. Is SP always this quick with replacements or is somebody up there a fan?

Mine have been in the post since Monday (in the US, which is Tuesday for me).  Not expecting them for another couple of weeks though, distance travelled et hoc genus omne.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #684 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 06:44:09 »
Thanks for the special key, samwisekoi. It should be us thanking you for running this GB.  :))

Back to the Big Ass Enter key, where is the switch?  In the same spot as an ISO Enter key?

(Attachment Link)

It looks like you could put an ISO enter and a 1x key in place of the big-ass enter. That board would look nice with Nuclear Data on it.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #685 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 08:53:49 »
You are very welcome.  My replacements look good, and I hope everyone is happy now.

Thanks for the special key, samwisekoi. It should be us thanking you for running this GB.  :))

Back to the Big Ass Enter key, where is the switch?  In the same spot as an ISO Enter key?

(Attachment Link)

It looks like you could put an ISO enter and a 1x key in place of the big-ass enter. That board would look nice with Nuclear Data on it.

That's what I thought, and verified the sizing, then asked SP if they could find a way to make them.  Unfortunately, no one back in the day paid for such a big mold, so it isn't in their archives.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #686 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 08:17:43 »
The more I read this the more angry I get.

I can't believe I ever paid TJaustin and gupgup for the privilege of waiting months to get an incomplete set and even had to chase them for the tracking number when my proxy misplaced the stuff. And them I had to beg for months on geekhack to buy one key and still couldn't get my complete set and wound up selling for a loss and using my own green relegendables (which happened to be the same color) to replace.

Yes, sure, we've got to respect GB organizers, I know that, I myself am very supportive of some GBs too. Sure, they've worked hard and deserve nothing but uncritical praise. But it grates on my nerves all the same.

Only thing left to say is that at least this isn't Takaki's group buy.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #687 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 00:12:05 »
Wait what?  :-\ :confused:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 05:57:22 »
Are there going to be any replacements for my set when it gets here? Or will it have replacements in it already as it went out at the same time as other people's replacement caps?

I hope I don't have to ask for replacements...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #689 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 07:37:22 »
I received my replacements on Friday, plus a little gift from Sam - well done again, and with class.
If you team up a good GB organizer with SP's system, you get a good product, and relatively quickly.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #690 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 12:48:41 »
QUESTION:

Who participated here or in the IC thread, but in the end did not buy a set?  Please reply or send me a PM.

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #691 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 13:20:40 »
berserkfan was verry interested. Please give him a pm if he missed your post(im guessing you have spares?). He is a good guy

Offline Moralless

« Reply #692 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 20:11:50 »
QUESTION:

Who participated here or in the IC thread, but in the end did not buy a set?  Please reply or send me a PM.

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Thanks for the great gift Ron :D It just came in the mail!

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #693 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 13:00:34 »
Got my replacement caps today, well done.

Also, thanks Ron for the extra cap. :)
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline ash27

« Reply #695 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 15:10:55 »
Anyone with previous experience with these think I should be worried at all?

Last update in the tracking:
November 7, 2014   23:22:00      PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE

I have received the extras that were sent out after so don't know what's taking the main set so long....
filco majestouch 2 TKL iso - Cherry MX Blues

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #696 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:02:49 »

I have received the extras that were sent out after so don't know what's taking the main set so long....

Where are you?

Offline ash27

« Reply #697 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:08:43 »

Where are you?

In the UK - I'm happy to wait its just odd the second set has got to me before the the main set. Just checking as this is my first group buy :)

Main Set:
Date   Time   Location   Status
November 1, 2014   23:18:00   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
November 1, 2014   22:20:00   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY
November 1, 2014   22:02:00   90009   INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY
November 1, 2014   21:17:00   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 30, 2014   22:19:00   KENT, WA 98032   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 30, 2014   22:02:00   KENT, WA 98032   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 30, 2014   16:30:00   CUSTER, WA 98240   DEPART POST OFFICE
October 30, 2014   16:18:00   CUSTER, WA 98240   PICKED UP
October 30, 2014   14:01:00   98240   Electronic Notification

Additional/Surprise set (with Geek Hack key):
Date   Time   Location   Status
November 25, 2014   9:40 am      Delivered
November 23, 2014   3:59 pm      Processed Through Sort Facility
November 22, 2014   7:44 am   London,   Departed
November 21, 2014   7:08 pm   New York,   Departed
November 20, 2014   9:33 pm   Los Angeles,   Departed
November 20, 2014   4:17 pm   Los Angeles,   Arrived
November 20, 2014   7:50 am   ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS),   Processed Through Sort Facility
November 20, 2014   7:40 am   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   Arrived at USPS Facility
November 20, 2014   7:40 am   ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS),   Arrived at Sort Facility
November 20, 2014   3:12 am   KENT, WA 98032   Departed USPS Facility
November 19, 2014   1:07 am   KENT, WA 98032   Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
November 18, 2014   4:04 pm   CUSTER, WA 98240   Departed Post Office
November 18, 2014   3:37 pm   CUSTER, WA 98240   Picked Up

Also, am I best contacting Massdrop or SP to query?

Thanks for any info, bit of a noob at this
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:11:11 by ash27 »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #698 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:25:50 »
Massdrop wasn't in the loop at all. It isn't a surprise that the big package went slower, so I wouldn't worry yet.  Also, SP will only be able to see what you can see.

My guess is that it is in the hands of The Royal Mail or Her Majesty's Customs.

Anyone else in the UK have thoughts? Or their package yet?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline ash27

« Reply #699 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:45:03 »
Massdrop wasn't in the loop at all. It isn't a surprise that the big package went slower, so I wouldn't worry yet.  Also, SP will only be able to see what you can see.

My guess is that it is in the hands of The Royal Mail or Her Majesty's Customs.

Anyone else in the UK have thoughts? Or their package yet?

- Ron | samwisekoi

ah sorry! Yes of course massdrop wasnt involved :) blame it on it being late over here and also getting spam from massdrop daily haha.

I'll sit tight and see if I get any updates but thanks for the info. After playing with the surprise keys I wanna play with the whole set now!

Cheers Ron