Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 325545 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 07:59:05 »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 08:09:50 »

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 08:13:49 »
CG means computer graphics as far as I know :)

In other words it's not a box, but a nice little graphic.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 09:19:13 »
Okay, this is close to being locked in. 3-1-2-3-4-3 in semi matte.

Show Image

I made a couple additions for the CMD, SUPER, HYPER, META keys, and took out a few blanks. Also, I see where the Control-A and HHKB people are coming from. :)

Looks great so far!  Though, one suggestion I have is:

For the benefit of those switching out the WIN keys, I would suggest doubling down on the SUPER keys (the logical WIN substitute) and you could drop the META key to keep the numbers the same, as ALT <-> META, so you would need two anyways, just one would be lopsided.  One HYPER would still be fine if you wanted to put it in place of the MENU, as there really is not an analogue to it on current keyboards.

Oh, and are you going dishes or nipples for the homing keys?  ;D

That probably makes the most sense. I'll make that change shortly. I will drop the HYPER and META keys in favor of matching CMD and SUPER keys.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 09:21:39 »

This looks great! Yay for contoured SA.

Any change of getting the ~ and | keys in the darker grey color?

Sorry, it's been requested, but I don't encourage people to do wrong things.

Perhaps these two keys could be offered in a separate "wrong" kit so those with different preferences can enjoy the keyset and help out the MOQ in the group buy?

I think that's a good idea.

The lack of symmetry would keep me from joining this GB.

I mean I can understand that you don't like it, but adding extra options doesn't hurt anybody or does it?

I wouldn't opt out for that reason alone, if I were you.

Hint: Do you remember engicoder's Rad Hard pack on PMK that complimented the Nuclear Data set? *wink wink*
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 11:28:09 »

Perhaps these two keys could be offered in a separate "wrong" kit so those with different preferences can enjoy the keyset and help out the MOQ in the group buy?

I mean I can understand that you don't like it, but adding extra options doesn't hurt anybody or does it?

Hint: Do you remember engicoder's Rad Hard pack on PMK that complimented the Nuclear Data set? *wink wink*

I would just like to say that I am really in favour of this style of group buy  :thumb:

To me it has vibes of  the "80-20" rule going on; offering a lower amount of kits (the 20%) will satisfy a large percentage of the potential user base (the 80%). Sure there are going to be some of our friends who are missing some keys with from the main kit, but with a friendly attitude towards people running their own mini-buys those problems can be solved.

Being relatively new to the keycap game I remember being confused by the 'main kit + child kits' standard. On PMK where people go in on buying many kits with the whole order hinging on something like the ISO kit (DSA home row mods, ErgoDox legends, etc). When a buy like that goes live, and a vital child-buy doesn't drop people want to back on all of the kits they ordered which messes with the pricing -or- they are left unsatisfied and maybe have to try and sell their caps at a later date.

I can't think of many companies that would pay give the amount of attention to their audience as the GB leaders on GH. We then have to remember that it is normally only one person who is trying to juggle all of the personal preference, custom legend ideas and all the other niche requests. On top of that they do it for the love of keyboards, not for profit. I think this format will lead to less stress/hassle for GB leaser and in this case that looks like it is going to propagate into a quick turn around, which hopefully leads to a high number or orders and a low price for the community!

I hope the people who are after a few specific keys will still want to go in on this and then set up their own mini-GB and help out others who are after the same thing. These key cap sets are for the community and it feels good that the GB leaders are open to 'decentralizing' the ownership a bit so we can get nice extras like the Rad Hard pack and Out Of The Vault in Nuclear Data Green (for example). Hack'd by Geeks ErgoDox kit anyone ;)

Anyway. Thanks JDCarpe and the CtrlAlt bros, I'm in for my first full SA set  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:16:38 »
Pffft ...

86915-0

:p :cool:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:20:53 »
Beauty!

Offline tbc

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 19:10:45 »
no chance of fulltouch colemak backspace key (replaces capslock) eh? :/
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline ReeferMadness

• Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 19:58:33 »
yes please.

Offline Zebadule

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:12:13 »
I really love the colors of this one. No ErgoDox/Colemak counts me out, but I can certainly appreciate keeping it simple.

Good luck with the GB!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 05:40:52 »

Show Image

I would just like to say that I am really in favour of this style of group buy  :thumb:

To me it has vibes of  the "80-20" rule going on; offering a lower amount of kits (the 20%) will satisfy a large percentage of the potential user base (the 80%). Sure there are going to be some of our friends who are missing some keys with from the main kit, but with a friendly attitude towards people running their own mini-buys those problems can be solved.

Being relatively new to the keycap game I remember being confused by the 'main kit + child kits' standard. On PMK where people go in on buying many kits with the whole order hinging on something like the ISO kit (DSA home row mods, ErgoDox legends, etc). When a buy like that goes live, and a vital child-buy doesn't drop people want to back on all of the kits they ordered which messes with the pricing -or- they are left unsatisfied and maybe have to try and sell their caps at a later date.

I can't think of many companies that would pay give the amount of attention to their audience as the GB leaders on GH. We then have to remember that it is normally only one person who is trying to juggle all of the personal preference, custom legend ideas and all the other niche requests. On top of that they do it for the love of keyboards, not for profit. I think this format will lead to less stress/hassle for GB leaser and in this case that looks like it is going to propagate into a quick turn around, which hopefully leads to a high number or orders and a low price for the community!

I hope the people who are after a few specific keys will still want to go in on this and then set up their own mini-GB and help out others who are after the same thing. These key cap sets are for the community and it feels good that the GB leaders are open to 'decentralizing' the ownership a bit so we can get nice extras like the Rad Hard pack and Out Of The Vault in Nuclear Data Green (for example). Hack'd by Geeks ErgoDox kit anyone ;)

Anyway. Thanks JDCarpe and the CtrlAlt bros, I'm in for my first full SA set  :D

Well said!

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 12:45:05 »
Pffft ...

(Attachment Link)

:p :cool:

This color scheme would be awesome Rowdy, maybe there can be a spin off...Matrix style.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 15:17:45 »

I am not an expert on SA keys, but if I am not mistaken there were always issues with the profile of the shift keys, because Signature Plastics doesn't have the correct molds.

Has this been fixed yet?

Correct, as it stands now, Shifts will all be Row 3 profile, as before. When and if Signature Plastics is willing to correct this glaring oversight on their part, we would love to have the correct Row 4 profile Shifts included. If they become available after the group buy ends, I plan to do a "Shifts-only" GB for the correct profile caps.
:lol:

There is nothing to be fixed!

The 2 Shift keys (2.25 and 2.75 units) have been made for Diatec and they chose row 3.

You can be lucky that there exist molds for 6.25 and 7 units space bars, funded through the Round 4 group buy, which made it possible to use sphericals on standard keyboards at all!
:o

I also hope that everybody appreciates that the participants of Round 5 funded the mold for the row 1 2 units key (Back Space).

About the remaining keys:
I'm so sorry, but in Round 6 I will let them make a 1.5 units hat cap, so there will be no money for 1.25, 2.25 and 2.75 units molds in row 4.

So, why not just take a bit more money per kit and let them make at least one new mold, so you can contribute to the tool pool, instead of just delaying Round 5 production for another month or two ...
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 January 2015, 15:23:23 by 7bit »
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 15:23:10 »

I am not an expert on SA keys, but if I am not mistaken there were always issues with the profile of the shift keys, because Signature Plastics doesn't have the correct molds.

Has this been fixed yet?

Correct, as it stands now, Shifts will all be Row 3 profile, as before. When and if Signature Plastics is willing to correct this glaring oversight on their part, we would love to have the correct Row 4 profile Shifts included. If they become available after the group buy ends, I plan to do a "Shifts-only" GB for the correct profile caps.

The 2 Shift keys (2.25 and 2.75 units) have been made for Diatec and they chose row 3.

You can be lucky that there exist molds for 6.25 and 7 units space bars, funded through the Round 4 group buy, which made it possible to use sphericals on standard keyboards at all!

I also hope that everybody appreciates that the participants of Round 5 funded the mold for the row 1 2 units key (Back Space).

I'm so sorry, but in Round 6 I will let them make a 1.5 units hat cap, so there will be no money for 1.25, 2.25 and 2.75 units molds in row 4.

So, why not just take a bit more money per kit and let them make at least one new mold, so you can contribute to the tool pool, instread of just delaying Round 5 production for another month or two ...

Hey, I appreciate all the work you've done with SP for the SA profile, I really do!

And...I have plenty of keycaps on order in R5, so I don't want to see delays any more than you do.

If SP would talk to me about the damn row 4 Shifts, I might be able to work something out with them regarding funding the molds, but they haven't even answered my emails. :(

in memoriam

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 16:50:37 »

Has this been fixed yet?

So, why not just take a bit more money per kit and let them make at least one new mold, so you can contribute to the tool pool, instead of just delaying Round 5 production for another month or two ...

Did I miss a post? I didn't see anyone posting this ...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 17:06:09 »
Oh, and for those who have been asking, the F and J keys will be deep dish, not homing bumps.

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 17:08:33 »

Has this been fixed yet?

That would be a quote fail.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 18:38:59 »

Has this been fixed yet?

That would be a quote fail.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant there. Did you mean that sometimes the "quote" function just fails to display parts of an answer?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 18:48:56 »
No 7bit wrote his answer in the quote, as did you.

Answered inside the [ quote ][ /quote ]
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 18:50:34 »
Oh, and for those who have been asking, the F and J keys will be deep dish, not homing bumps.

I don't know what deep dish is but I've done some homeworks looking on the Internet. Is the picture below a good example of it?

If you look at the F and J key, they seem deeper hence I conclude it was deep dish but I'm just guessing here.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 18:57:23 »
No 7bit wrote his answer in the quote, as did you.

Answered inside the [ quote ][ /quote ]

Haha indeed! I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. Thanks.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 18:58:29 »

I don't know what deep dish is but I've done some homeworks looking on the Internet. Is the picture below a good example of it?

Show Image

If you look at the F and J key, they seem deeper hence I conclude it was deep dish but I'm just guessing here.

Yes, that's it exactly.

in memoriam

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 19:17:19 »
assuming jd is ready this will be live some time between monday and wednesday
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline neverused

Re: [GB] &quot;Hack'd by Geeks&quot; Keyset - Full Contour SA
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 19:28:52 »
assuming jd is ready this will be live some time between monday and wednesday
Me on Monday:
F5 F5 F5

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 01:32:04 »

:)

Offline Reckthor

• PC Stuff
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 02:06:04 »
Show Image

Well god damn that's beautiful!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:02:18 »
Show Image

Damn that looks nice for sure!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:03:22 »
Is there any kind of maximum order quantity or everyone can grab one?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:28:39 »
This set is looking more and more "complete" as the days go.

Just needs a dark "\|" key still.

Consider a 60% use case, you put the dark Row 1 "ESC" on the top left and the right hand side has this... inconsistency. It may be against your beliefs to add this, but it offends my delicate sensibilities not to. Either that or change the Row 1 "ESC" to the lighter colour, but I prefer it darker along with the dark "\|". I can live with either option, though, and since this is your GB, it's your choice to make.

For the record, I prefer homing bumps to deep dish since it's easier to feel when typing fast, but I could quite easily live with deep dish since it does suit the profile nicely.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:34:59 »

Heretic :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 03:41:00 »

Heretic :p

... or change the Row 1 "ESC" to the lighter colour...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline giocchan

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 04:59:31 »
Hi to everyone,

I'm a Geekhack newcomer. Bought a Ducky Shine 3 TKL, loving her, and now I'm looking for gifting her a retro-keycap set. This one seems amazing (a C64-like would be even better :), but I've got a couple of doubt:
1) will the kit fit the Ducky Shine 3 TKL (she's got a UK layout)? (I know it should fit, but as I said I'm a newcomer, and some keys like shift, spacebars, etc... seems to be non-trivial)
2) tried to figure out how much higher is the SA profile comparing it to stock keys, but I'm not sure about it. Something like 4-5 mm?

Thank you to everyone!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 06:51:24 »

Offline R1N3

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 07:03:11 »
Gahh my bank account is gonna take a hit this January

Are there ridges of any sort on the F and J on SA profile keys?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 07:07:35 »

scoops/deep dish

Offline R1N3

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 07:08:42 »

scoops/deep dish

Gotcha, much appreciated :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 07:09:20 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 07:10:55 »
Show Image

So no Row 1 Esc key?

if jd has added it itll be there

we were making the mock ups based on the info we had when we started hehe

but if jd wants it in, itll be there

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 07:27:41 »
Hi to everyone,

I'm a Geekhack newcomer. Bought a Ducky Shine 3 TKL, loving her, and now I'm looking for gifting her a retro-keycap set. This one seems amazing (a C64-like would be even better :) , but I've got a couple of doubt:
1) will the kit fit the Ducky Shine 3 TKL (she's got a UK layout)? (I know it should fit, but as I said I'm a newcomer, and some keys like shift, spacebars, etc... seems to be non-trivial)
2) tried to figure out how much higher is the SA profile comparing it to stock keys, but I'm not sure about it. Something like 4-5 mm?

Thank you to everyone!

I don't know about the profile but I'd say it should fit your keyboard. ISO keys are included in the GB so if you keyboard is, you'll have the keys needed. Someone correct me but I think Ducky keyboards have 6.25u spacebar and 1.25 modifers pretty much like the majority of keyboards hence you should be fine because it is the basic size of the keys in this kit.

Offline enddot

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 08:41:11 »
Show Image

Hey BL, your mock ups definitely look more color-correct than JD's. Is it also safe to assume that yours will be closer to the final font & size? In other words, is there an end product for reference that would match it closely for a better idea?

Currently looking at the same set ngt posted, space cadet round 4.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 January 2015, 08:43:55 by enddot »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 08:58:30 »
Show Image

Hey BL, your mock ups definitely look more color-correct than JD's. Is it also safe to assume that yours will be closer to the final font & size? In other words, is there an end product for reference that would match it closely for a better idea?

Currently looking at the same set ngt posted, space cadet round 4.

Yes, Round 4 (Spherical-Style), 23 Commando, PuLSE, Calm Depths, Penumbra...those all would match the font and size.

For accurate color representation of the greys, look at Mass Order 1 (Round 1), or Round 3, or Round 4 (Round 3-Style).
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 January 2015, 11:16:20 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 09:01:12 »
sorry noob time: I get really confused, what does the "full contour" mean? It is different to the other SA sets? :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 09:04:22 »
sorry noob time: I get really confused, what does the "full contour" mean? It is different to the other SA sets? :(

Row profiles from top to bottom are: 3-1-2-3-4-3.

The other common way is "uniform profile," where all keycaps are row 3 profile.

Some have done it 1-2-3-3-3-4 (23 Commando), or 1-2-3-3-3-3.

in memoriam

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 11:00:11 »
Anyway would be very interested in this keyset in the future

Offline renne

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:45:05 »
better includes Row 4 up arrow, Row 3 down/left/right arrows. it helps 68/75 keyboards users.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 20:30:34 »
Anyway would be very interested in this keyset in the future

This one is very desirable especially getting a FULL Contoured Profile.

It's like seeing Aletta Ocean reclined upon your keyboard with that all important mounds of delight near the top section, for your fingers to enjoy  ;) .

Offline nomaded

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 01:35:31 »
No chance for ErgoDox modifiers, I guess...
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 02:11:51 »
Hi to everyone,

I'm a Geekhack newcomer. Bought a Ducky Shine 3 TKL, loving her, and now I'm looking for gifting her a retro-keycap set. This one seems amazing (a C64-like would be even better :) , but I've got a couple of doubt:

Thank you to everyone!

I don't know about the profile but I'd say it should fit your keyboard. ISO keys are included in the GB so if you keyboard is, you'll have the keys needed. Someone correct me but I think Ducky keyboards have 6.25u spacebar and 1.25 modifers pretty much like the majority of keyboards hence you should be fine because it is the basic size of the keys in this kit.
Confirming it , Keys fill fit .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 04:57:18 »
I have this strange feeling in my pants.

Can I interest you in a "Depends"?