Author Topic: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%  (Read 280165 times)

Offline cattharsis

Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 11:55:43 »
Hope i'm fast enough to pick one up T_T

Offline Woahder

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 12:27:16 »
Very nice! Love both the look and the mounting options

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 12:36:13 »
Looks good

Offline deLEES

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 13:24:05 »
This is awesome!

Offline badboy731

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 13:27:04 »
Just to clarify...this won’t be stocked regularly right after that 100 unit for another round or something like a tofu? It’s just those units will be already made and ship shortly?
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 13:54:58 »
Finally a 65% layout that isn't messed up by blockers. Well done. Looking forward to this one :)

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 14:33:05 »
Are any of the brass inserts going to be coated or will they all be raw?

Offline dak148

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 14:56:29 »
Just got into this crazy scene and everything is sold out. Hope I'll be able to grab this!

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 14:57:27 »
Finally a 65% layout that isn't messed up by blockers. Well done. Looking forward to this one :)

The only reason why I dig this 65%.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:12:51 »
Beautiful man, you guys nailed it  :cool:

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:13:26 »
In stock 100 public units... so we have around what, 8-11 seconds to purchase one?   :p

Beautiful board with interesting features.  Love it.  I'm sure I won't get one fast enough yet again.

We're only a small team so even though I'll have 100 units, I'll sell them in manageable waves, similiar to the EXT65 where I had a wave of boards open for US timezone, then one for EU timezone - but they are not region locked. I do think it's easier and 'fairer' this way, as you get a few opportunities to get it. And if there's demand, we could potentially have another run.

Are any of the brass inserts going to be coated or will they all be raw?

These are clear coated, and will not patina. Same finish as the brass plates in the AEGIS and EXT65.

Just to clarify...this won’t be stocked regularly right after that 100 unit for another round or something like a tofu? It’s just those units will be already made and ship shortly?

It really depends on demand. Since I buy the stock first before taking payments, it means my money is tied up in a product with uncertainty to sell. If there's demand then it will make sense to get more stock.

I remembered filling out the friends and family form before.  How would we know if we made it on that list?

Love the innovation.  I am enjoying my EXT65 at the moment while waiting for this.

Yeap, I haven't hit out our friends and family who have supported us with the AEGIS/EXT65 yet - we are still stress testing the prototype making sure we are confident with the board. Thinks are feeling/sounding good, so I hope to get the ball rolling after CNY.

As a Mac user, I just want to say thank you for the 1.25 x 3 bottom row. Phew.

So far, consensus tend to indicate that both "O-Ring Gasket Mount" and "Gasketed Sandwich Mount" allow for a softer and more stable typing feel, to the point that they sometimes all fall under the "gasket" bracket.

Since you offer both choices here, I assume you believe these 2 methods lead to significant-enough results, typing feel and/or sound? Can you elaborate a bit here?

That's entirely preference. The aim for this board was to provide a few options so you could test yourself and have little variances as possible using the same switches, pcb and plate. I've tested both half isolation and oring, and currently running oring with bottom row half isolation and enjoy that.

Really good idea on this, and probably some clever internals to make it work. I'll have to see about price and front height before joining.

Just measured from the table, front height from table is around 21mm.

Wrote this from my CONSTELLATION

I'll chuck up some internal pictures of my rose gold prototype on my instagram today: https://www.instagram.com/aeryxz/

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:17:00 by aeryxz »

Offline beadlock

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:41:23 »
Interesting board. But would like some more exterior pics to show differences that set it apart from a Keycult 1/65 in brass

Offline Crack85

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:42:27 »
Super clean

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Espada42

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:45:45 »
estimated price ?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:09:21 »
I like  :D

Offline Beerbezerker

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:09:59 »
Wonderous!

Offline Acrimony

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:10:07 »
The side are very similar to keycult

Offline noahf

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:14:09 »
hey aeryxz,

what purpose does the brass mid piece serve? is it a weight like 1/65 or a plate like kyuu? just curios how it is integrated.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:17:04 »
hey aeryxz,

what purpose does the brass mid piece serve? is it a weight like 1/65 or a plate like kyuu? just curios how it is integrated.

He answered it earlier: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104338.msg2857049#msg2857049

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:19:09 »
Ne split space

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline noahf

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:24:46 »
hey aeryxz,

He answered it earlier: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104338.msg2857049#msg2857049

thanks duke! must have missed it

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:26:43 »
Hey Aeryxz, sorry if my question is a bit bold. Can the happy backers of the Ægis or Ext65 hope to be part of the early access ?  ;D

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:01:18 »
Definitely loving the possible combos and options. A hotswap pcb would turn it truly into jack of all trades board. Do you know if the board will be mill-max compatible?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:16:11 »
Ne split space

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

None avail.

Definitely loving the possible combos and options. A hotswap pcb would turn it truly into jack of all trades board. Do you know if the board will be mill-max compatible?

Great question! I've actually using a type of holtites/millmax in my prototype and I do not recommend it. Due to the flex and gasket styles, you may find that some variations might cause your board to short as the holtites/millmax add extra height the bottom of the pcb. I am still using it, but I have taped the bottom of my PCB to stop the shorting. To iterate once again, I DO NOT recommend using holtites, but it is possible.

Hey Aeryxz, sorry if my question is a bit bold. Can the happy backers of the Ægis or Ext65 hope to be part of the early access ?  ;D

Yes, PM me on discord.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:16:22 »

Hotswap probs won't be an option, but you could always add them to the pcb yourself i'd assume

Offline jinrawke

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:19:39 »
definitely keeping an eye out on this one.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:30:29 »
I like the idea behind this case, and the multiple mounting options make the plate look super cool. I'm excited for this and can't wait to see more!

Offline zhang2118

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:31:24 »
Dang it, this is the 65% I was waiting for!!!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:33:18 »
Quote from: aeryxz link=topic=104338.msg2857305#msg2857305

Great question! I've actually using a type of holtites/millmax in my prototype and I do not recommend it. Due to the flex and gasket styles, you may find that some variations might cause your board to short as the holtites/millmax add extra height the bottom of the pcb. I am still using it, but I have taped the bottom of my PCB to stop the shorting. To iterate once again, I DO NOT recommend using holtites, but it is possible.

Hmm. Yeah. I could def see that. I wonder if you could get around this with the newer modern integrated hotswaps, which have a plastic housing on the bottom. Clearly that'd mean offering two different PCBs or only the hotswap as an option, which I'm sure some wouldn't appreciate. Not saying you should do any of this, just that I'd love to see someone solve the flex hotswap dilemma.

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:37:33 by Zeelobby »

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:41:20 »
Please please please let me get this one!! The thirst is real.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:42:56 »

Hmm. Yeah. I could def see that. I wonder if you could get around this with the newer modern integrated hotswaps, which have a plastic housing on the bottom. Clearly that'd mean offering two different PCBs or only the hotswap as an option, which I'm sure some wouldn't appreciate. Not saying you should do any of this, just that I'd love to see someone solve the flex hotswap dilemma.

If there's a big market for it, since it's mostly fixed layout, it is possible to make a hotswap board. Right now, since there's already many options like accent pieces, plate types, gaskets etc - having too many options might cause decision paralysis and makes logistics a bit harder for us. If the CONSTELLATION proves to be successful and popular, we will support it with addition bits and pieces in the future. I want to create a sustainable ecosystem for this board so that you can buy parts from us and do some customisation and never feel like you can't get new gaskets or pieces for the board once it's done.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 18:46:03 »

If there's a big market for it, since it's mostly fixed layout, it is possible to make a hotswap board. Right now, since there's already many options like accent pieces, plate types, gaskets etc - having too many options might cause decision paralysis and makes logistics a bit harder for us. If the CONSTELLATION proves to be successful and popular, we will support it with addition bits and pieces in the future. I want to create a sustainable ecosystem for this board so that you can buy parts from us and do some customisation and never feel like you can't get new gaskets or pieces for the board once it's done.
Man. That is the dream! I really support this concept. Revolutionary imo. Most boards are one and done, you grow by buying new boards and selling/shelving old ones. Would be cool to see any ecosystem grow around this one (assuming additional hardware doesn't follow Apple dongle pricing, lol). Sure you can desolder and change caps or switches, but hardware changing the whole feel of the board, count me in! Am hoping that I luck out and get in on this, great work!

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2020, 18:48:59 by Zeelobby »

Offline modeseven

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 19:07:01 »
I'm not really into 65%, but the idea of a expanding ecosystem is super intriguing.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 19:19:02 »
What a great use of space!
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline segami

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 08:00:23 »
Love the layout and mounting options. Hope I can get in on this

Offline willyG

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 10:58:51 »
I noticed that your other products (maybe not all?) don't ship to America.... Will this be different? Sure hope so!!!!

EDIT: NVM I see that only applies to certain items... Sickkkk
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 11:11:52 by willyG »

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 11:06:35 »
Can you explain/provide pics on how you can "choose" to only use one mounting solution per side on a single plate?

Like, if you use an O-ring, won't the top mount and gasket tabs be free to rub against the case?

Offline caronte0

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:09:23 »
this is going to be like the gskt 00. Complete success. I really want one (REALLY I WANT ONE), but it's so limited i am not going to get one probably, and after the sale people will flip them for 3 times the price.
The limited runs it's the only thing that i hate about the community.

Beautiful board, looks super nice :)

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:16:28 »
this is going to be like the gskt 00. Complete success. I really want one (REALLY I WANT ONE), but it's so limited i am not going to get one probably, and after the sale people will flip them for 3 times the price.

Nah. the Gskt 00 is a budget keyboard.  This won't be as crazy since the price point--deservedly--is going to be much higher.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:35:10 »

Nah. the Gskt 00 is a budget keyboard.  This won't be as crazy since the price point--deservedly--is going to be much higher.

I mean to be fair $450-$550 isn't that much higher than the gskt-00 (which came out to about $350 with bells and whistles)

Offline Yakbats

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:30:01 »
Nice! Please add alps support to the pcb and a 1.5u,1.5u,7u,1.5u,1.5u,1u,1u,1u bottom row option would be perfect for me. Super interested!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:02:33 »

I mean to be fair $450-$550 isn't that much higher than the gskt-00 (which came out to about $350 with bells and whistles)

I mean, it's $150 more than the GSKT even after maxing out the GSKT.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:07:05 »

Eh, you'd be shocked how fast community is growing, with people willing to flash that cash. Tons lining up for the Sat75 extra stock sale, and that'll likely be $500 and go in minutes.

Personally I love the idea of an ecosystem project board. One that's supported into the future. And am willing to pay that difference. I'm sure others see that too.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:14:25 by Zeelobby »

Offline ctxgoldsamy

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:44:53 »
Dope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 16:49:38 »

Eh, you'd be shocked how fast community is growing, with people willing to flash that cash. Tons lining up for the Sat75 extra stock sale, and that'll likely be $500 and go in minutes.

Personally I love the idea of an ecosystem project board. One that's supported into the future. And am willing to pay that difference. I'm sure others see that too.

I have no doubt that this will sell well. Just saying that it won't be like GSTK.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 18:40:10 »

I have no doubt that this will sell well. Just saying that it won't be like GSTK.
Haha. That's true.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 20:09:15 »
With all those mounting methods, this a no brainer. Must-buy.
Only thing that I think should be worked out is bottom row.
One question: the spacing between keys is normal spacing? Must just be my eyes, but the pics make it seems slightly different.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 20:17:00 »
With all those mounting methods, this a no brainer. Must-buy.
Only thing that I think should be worked out is bottom row.
One question: the spacing between keys is normal spacing? Must just be my eyes, but the pics make it seems slightly different.
Haha. I was thinking the same thing. But I think it's just the angle and the super dark keycaps. I'd love to see some rendors or a prototype in some lighter caps.

Offline RedCamel

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 20:48:58 »
This looks incredible, would love to see cyan as an accent option, would look so good with the upcoming Atlantis keyset.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 21:02:33 »
Count me in.