Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2355383 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 16:58:03 »
How much for a used (but very good condition) Das Keyboard Ultimate Silent ? (blank keycaps, MX-Brown switches)

There's another one for sale right now for $100 shipped.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline DanGWanG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 16:59:11 »
They were on sale on last week for $85 new...just a point of reference :)

Offline Dajm

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 17:00:18 »
How much for a used (but very good condition) Das Keyboard Ultimate Silent ? (blank keycaps, MX-Brown switches)

There's another one for sale right now for $100 shipped.

thanks!

Offline Dajm

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 17:01:30 »
They were on sale on last week for $85 new...just a point of reference :)

Oh, good to know, thanks! :) I'll see what I can get for it. Just saw that one needs 60 posts to be able to post to the classifieds, so I'll just have to wait a little bit more...

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 23:49:59 »
What's the current market value for original MX Tri-color CC??
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 August 2012, 23:52:34 by mmmty »
Keyboardless

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 04:39:32 »
Whats my Realforce 23UB i just got worth?

Offline blert

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 15:12:12 »
1) How about a used CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/reds ? 
2) a complete set of almost unused keycaps from another CM Storm QF Rapid?  (I tested the the keyboard, then swapped out keycaps.)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 August 2012, 11:08:14 by blert »

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 01:27:29 »
What would be a reasonable price for a used G80-2100 HCD? Functioning well.  The cherry logo key is missing, but all others are still available.

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 01:29:26 »
What would be a reasonable price for a used G80-2100 HCD? Functioning well.  The cherry logo key is missing, but all others are still available.

And what would be a reasonable price for a full set of glow in the dark key caps from a Raptor Gaming K1 keyboard?

Thanks.

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 20:05:06 »
I could swear javifast said he JUST sold you his set of raptor K1 glowcaps... Selling them already?

Quote from: javifast
[...]I've sent the keypuller too to that guy. The keycaps, stoppers and keypuller.[...]

I would take the metal keypuller if you want to sell that.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 August 2012, 20:07:43 by The_Ed »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:11:17 »
I could swear javifast said he JUST sold you his set of raptor K1 glowcaps... Selling them already?

Quote from: javifast
[...]I've sent the keypuller too to that guy. The keycaps, stoppers and keypuller.[...]

I would take the metal keypuller if you want to sell that.

Aha, I see you here too ;D Thanks The_Ed for your helpful information of the glow in dark keys in DT.

Yes I bought the set from Javi, including the metal keypuller. But the parcel is still on road and may arrive in a couple of weeks. 

I keep the keycaps with me but am still looking for a brand new set, as Javi's is uesd... perfectionism of a Virgo ;P

I can sell the puller to you if you really want, but you may have to account for the international shipping fee as well coz I am in China ;P

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:20:56 »
How much would that be then for the cherry metal keypuller? I've gotten things of similar size and shape for 99cents including shipping from china, so the postage should be dirt cheap.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:26:41 »
How much would that be then for the cherry metal keypuller? I've gotten things of similar size and shape for 99cents including shipping from china, so the postage should be dirt cheap.

Never done an international shipment to US before. I have to figure it out. I also have no idea how much I should ask for the keypuller,  actually I got the fulll pack from Javi for 20 EUR ... 

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:42:14 »
20€ shipped for 8 glowcaps, 7 keyblockers, and the metal keypuller right? I have 8 new glowcaps and keyblockers coming for 22€ shipped.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:43:59 by The_Ed »
R.I.P.ster

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 22:46:22 »
20€ shipped for 8 golwcaps, 7 keyblockers, and the metal keypuller right? I have 8 new glowcaps and keyblockers coming for 22€ shipped.

No, shipping additionally cost me 11.2 EUR.... I really envy you guys in US enjoying the cheap postage service...

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 23:01:03 »
When I send stuff it is cheap within the contiguous 48, but expensive everywhere else. When I receive small stuff from china it is the cheapest of all.

11.2€... I think you got scammed... That's REALLY expensive for such a small amount of stuff.
R.I.P.ster

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 23:07:35 »
... I don't know... Now I'm just praying for the safty of the shpping keys.  I'll let you know when I get them ;D

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 23:17:05 »
Going by how long it usually takes stuff to arrive I expect my set should be here by the end of next week. Crossing fingers.

My vintage keycaps FAR outnumber my boards... (That doesn't include the stuff I have for sale.) I should find another board... Do you know where I can get a NIB G80-3600LYCEU-2? I've wanted one for a long time, so maybe it's time to get one.
R.I.P.ster

Offline ZcHuer

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 23:26:51 »
Sorry I don't have that. I tried to search Taobao, the China B2C/C2C website similar as eBay but much more popular here, but couldn't find one either...

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 23:36:09 »
It was more common in Japan. Try there. Google doesn't translate chinese and japanese very well... The G80-3600LYCEU-2 was the first mechanical keyboard I ever searched for. I was using a shïtty logitech back then before I owned anything mechanical. I gave up on it and bought a shïtty razer blackwidow ultimate... I then went straight to a G80-3494LYCUS-2 with a full ANSI 104 DS set from 99HK. But a part of me still wants that G80-3600LYCEU-2 that has eluded me... I would greatly appreciate it if someone found me a NIB one for a "reasonable" price.
R.I.P.ster

Offline Tazmonain

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 11:17:19 »
~10 month old Filco Majestouch-1 TKL Linear action, specifically FKBN87ML/EB
All I've been able to find are new prices for the EB2 @ ~$140

Also not sure if this would be the place to ask but tradability, possible for me to get a straight trade for a Majestouch-1(or 2 +cash) TKL with browns?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #271 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 11:37:37 »
It will be hard to get more than somewhere around $85 shipped or so for a Majestouch-1 with MX blacks. No one here really likes those switches much, it seems.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 11:45:18 »
Au Contraire!

I guess the two of you might work something out then. I've seen new condition Majestouch-2 with MX blacks scoffed at for $110 shipped.

in memoriam

Offline Tazmonain

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 11:49:11 »
It will be hard to get more than somewhere around $85 shipped or so for a Majestouch-1 with MX blacks. No one here really likes those switches much, it seems.

Unfortunate, but thanks for the quick reply and information!

Offline Scottyyy

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 14:53:08 »
How much is a nyan cat backspace worth? :p

Offline dbfj

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 23:09:29 »
What's a non-functional HHKB Pro 2 worth?  4 years old, gray/lettered, key caps look decent, minor shine on spacebar bottom edge.  No idea why it doesn't work, tested with known-working hhkb pro 2 cable and computer doesn't detect.  Devices plugged into keyboard aren't detected either.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 23:18:34 »
^ It can be fix check this out http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=12047.0. Are you using in on windows or linux OS?
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline dbfj

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 23:49:02 »
Linux.  Thanks for the link, looks fairly non-trivial - have you tried this?  Before I head down that road, I need to ascertain the value in it's current condition.

Offline Magna224

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 00:59:23 »
Any estimates on a KB-5591? Thanks for any info.

If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 01:03:37 »
Linux.  Thanks for the link, looks fairly non-trivial - have you tried this?  Before I head down that road, I need to ascertain the value in it's current condition.
No I haven't but fossala already tried, you can reach him at http://deskthority.net/

Offline dbfj

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 11:28:09 »
No I haven't but fossala already tried, you can reach him at http://deskthority.net/

Awesome - I will check into it.  Was there a reason you asked about OS?

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 16:41:13 »

Because if you have linux, you can try :
0) lsusb
1) plug your keyboard
2) lsusb (compare against 0)
3) dmesg (look for your device)
4) Try different usb port and cable(retry 0-3)
5) Try different computer and port (retry 0-3)

NOTE: I do not think is this but you never know. Take a look at  /etc/udev/rules.d directory, make sure that you are not defining a particular rule for your hhkb. You can take a look at this site for some extra info. http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

If you still not been able to see your keyboard, I guess something in the electronics is bad.

P.S Some guys made the tenssy modification already, it may be possible that they may consider selling the hhkb controller.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 September 2012, 16:47:11 by cactux »

Offline dbfj

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 19:15:32 »

Because if you have linux, you can try :
0) lsusb
1) plug your keyboard
2) lsusb (compare against 0)
3) dmesg (look for your device)
4) Try different usb port and cable(retry 0-3)
5) Try different computer and port (retry 0-3)

NOTE: I do not think is this but you never know. Take a look at  /etc/udev/rules.d directory, make sure that you are not defining a particular rule for your hhkb. You can take a look at this site for some extra info. http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

If you still not been able to see your keyboard, I guess something in the electronics is bad.

P.S Some guys made the tenssy modification already, it may be possible that they may consider selling the hhkb controller.

OK, cool.  I had tried some linux utils to no avail - I ran watch dmesg, and with my working hhkb, I see the entry, but with the broken one, nothing.  I tried two cables, two computers and nothing.  My other hhkb works fine, plugin the broken one, and nothing.

I'll most likely try hasu's code with teensy (or teensy++) though my soldering skills are weak, I installed the teensy plugin for the arduino ide.  What's a fair price for a busted hhkb pro 2 ~4 years old?

Offline limmy

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 01:53:58 »
Did you try to resolder the USB connector? Mine started causing problems after 3 or 4 years. It started to drop connection if I move around the keyboard. I fixed it by touching the solder joint of the usb connector with hot iron and the problems went away. The mini-usb connectors in general are not that strong, so it could be that the connector is broken.

If the board is working again, I would value it around $150~180. That is how much I would want if I sold mine. If it cannot be fixed, probably $50~100? There is a lot of uncertainty as to what is wrong with the busted HHKB. If replacing the controller is going to fix the problem, then $100 seems to be fair given that condition of the caps are great shape.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 12:58:50 »
Hi guys :)

Looking for an estimation on two (three ?) of my Boards please :

# IBM Model M SSK
ANSI Layout, perfectly working, but a few "strokes" (not sure if that's what I really mean, will post pictures of those) on it.
Otherwise, the keyboard is in pretty good shape. No box.

# Leopold FC200R, MX Red, perfect shape and perfectly working.
No keycap or a set of Black Filco keycaps, with a Ctrl key quite "erased". With box.

# Maybe RealForce 91-UBK, perfect shape and perfectly working. Variable one.
Full set of black keycaps, maybe a CC 3D with it. No box.

Thanks for your help ;)

Offline dbfj

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 17:16:56 »
Did you try to resolder the USB connector? Mine started causing problems after 3 or 4 years. It started to drop connection if I move around the keyboard. I fixed it by touching the solder joint of the usb connector with hot iron and the problems went away. The mini-usb connectors in general are not that strong, so it could be that the connector is broken.

If the board is working again, I would value it around $150~180. That is how much I would want if I sold mine. If it cannot be fixed, probably $50~100? There is a lot of uncertainty as to what is wrong with the busted HHKB. If replacing the controller is going to fix the problem, then $100 seems to be fair given that condition of the caps are great shape.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try heating up the solder joints as suggested, although I'm looking forward to trying the teensy replacement controller as well.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 11:51:35 »
how much would a topre click clack with 3d glasses that hasn't been used be worth?

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 14:05:04 »
Can't put a value on art..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 14:06:47 »
Can't put a value on art..

I think if you have top hot and monocle you may put a value on art. And probably have to be sipping champagne whilst saying "mmmmindeeeed".

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 00:24:11 »
good point, where's bavman?

who will be our resident keyboardart snob?

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 02:12:33 »
how much would a topre click clack with 3d glasses that hasn't been used be worth?

Not many people have been interested in this skull and there seemed to have been an abundance on EK.  Relative public auctions and recent sales would average it between 50-80ish

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 03:51:56 »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 21:57:41 »
I need an estimate on 4 items:

1) IBM Model F XT....converted to USB via Teensy 2.0 adapter installed internally and Soarer's converter code.  The key layout has been slightly changed (added a long left shift to try and approximate a more ANSI layout).  I can change the layout back to the original F XT layout if the purchaser so desires (but why would you want to do that :P).  The keyboard is in very good condition and has been thoroughly cleaned.  The only damage is to one of the extendable keyboard legs which has cracked.  I used epoxy glue to prevent the crack from spreading.  The leg extends and retracts without problem and supports the keyboard and typist's weight as originally designed.

2) Siig Minitouch (white xm switches).  This was bought BNIB and has been typed on for approximately one hour.  It's in immaculate condition with the only damage being a very slight brown stain on the cord.

3) Broken Siig Minitouch (monterey blue switches).  I completely destroyed 3 switches on this keyboard.  I am willing to part this keyboard out or sell it whole.  Eitherway, the monterey blue switches feel a little off and can use some contact cleaner (e.g. DeOxit, etc.).  Both sides of the keyboard chasis, the keyboard cord, and all keycaps are present.

4) Unicomp 101 (buckling spring).  This is a model from 2001 which uses a PS/2 cable.  2 of the function row springs are damaged (I believe it's F5 and F12)...those 2 keys do not click but do actuate when pressed.  I can include replacement springs for those 2 keys if the purchaser so desires.  I am missing all the keycaps that are not present in the below photos. 

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2012, 22:00:59 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 14:25:47 »
i've got a Leading Edge Model D with blue alps. Any ideas?
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 21:15:08 »
how much are CCnG base + tsangan sets going for?
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 21:59:59 »
how much are CCnG base + tsangan sets going for?

Think I paid about $50 for a base-set around a month ago. Not sure how much a tsangan would be though.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:01:00 »
CCnG 50 bucks, tsangan not more than 20
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:29:29 »
I paid a bit more than 50 for my CCnG base kit. That's because nobody was selling at the time. I'd say 50 would be a great price but 60 is fair enough.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:49:43 »
I thought they sold for more than that :/

But it's ok :D
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:54:24 »
the group buy had over 200 orders, they were like 50 bucks i believe. maybe closer to 60 but in that range for sure.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace