Author Topic: [IC]LCK75r3 | A THT 75% That's now even easier to solder!  (Read 5937 times)

Offline Lysol_

[IC]LCK75r3 | A THT 75% That's now even easier to solder!
« on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 03:36:57 »
Welcome to the IC for the 3rd Round of the LCK75

Render credit: Pontus

Introduction(skip if you don't care)
Lysol here again, been a while since my last round of the LCK75, round 2 concluded a few
months ago and all orders should be delivered by now. Round 2 of the LCK75 had an update to the mounting
and it was changed to that of a skeleton kit with m2 standoffs going from the backplate through the mainboard
to the fr4 switchplate due to trying to make the typing feel less stiff. the board also had an update to the layout
that included ISO and split backspace. With round 3, the only thing that will be changing is the USB port itself.

Round 3 will feature the inclusion of an SMD USB port for all of the mainboards instead of a THT port
to mitigate the issues people had when soldering their ports themselves. This should take out the main
wildcard when assembling the kit and will result in fewer “lost cause” situations with this change. the new
port will be pre-assembled/pre-soldered to the mainboards and should result in less of a hassle to solder the
board from not needing flux anymore. colors will be restricted to black and white this round due to having an
overstock of purple-themed FR4 from the last round.

For those that are seeing this board/project for the first time, this was initially the first board I've designed and
run by myself. it was heavily inspired by the CFTKB Discipline/mysterium and other THT boards at the time
and as well as the Sat75 from its knob and OLED it had. since the LCK75's initial run back in 2020 I've been polishing the
design of the board, open-sourcing revisions, and running it when possible. thanks to the friends I've made before
and after the initial run of the LCK75, I've come this far in terms of designing and learning the logistics of planning
and running GBs.   

Files for revisions 1 & 2 are available on my Github here.

IC FORM

Board Specs

Layout: Exploded 75% with options for ISO and SBS

Colors: Black or White themed FR4 kits

● Effective Keyboard height including bumpons is:
28.19mm from the bottom nav arrows
28.76mm from the spacebar row
This can be lower with shorter standoffs and no foam.

Kit Materials: Fr4 Construction with foam layer under the pcb
Typing Angle: ~6.8 degrees with the rubber angle feet
Mount Style: Skeleton mount with m2 standoffs going through the pcb to mount to the plate
PCB: QMK & VIA/VIAL compatible PCB
Board Weight: ~0.8kg built
Packaging: a box with a similar design as r2 with some size adjustments
                     in the thickness and as well as adding a QR code for a link to a build guide and firmware guide onto the box.
Kit Contents: 1x Mainboard, 1x Fr4 Plate, 1x Fr4 backplate, 6x 3M bumpons(2 of for angling the board), mainboard parts,
                         m2 Stack hardware, 1x ssd1306 OLED w/ pre soldered header, Preflashed Atmega32a MCU, 1x 36 detent
                         EC-11 encoder, and 19mm knob, 6mm foam layer for between the main board and backplate courtesy of
                         StupidFish1, and 3mm clear acrylic guard courtesy of P3D.

GB info
● Price - $100USD @ 150 units(75 black & 75 white) + 50 units(25 black and 25 white) reserved for extras.
● Shipping - $12USD for CONUS(Priority Mail) & $42USD for majority of countries outside of the USA(UPS 3 day shipping)
● Vendor - Worldwide: LCKeyboards.com(me)
● GB Dates - May 7th 2022 - May 28th 2022
● Lead Time - 2 to 3 months after GB ends if there are no delays with procurement with board parts.

Proto pics(example of what's possible with layouts)
pics of a white proto with gmk Modo r1, USB is THT here, but it shouldn't matter
and the backplate logo will not be silkscreen as it doesn't look good when the silkscreen
is that spread out so copper islands will be used instead just like the previous rounds of the LCK75

Lastly, here is my Discord server if you'd like to see the other projects I have cooking and as
well as to know first when something of mine gets updated as I'm most active on discord out of any platform.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2022, 11:49:27 by Lysol_ »

Offline Lysol_

Re: [IC]LCK75r3 | A THT 75% That's now even easier to solder!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 03:38:00 »
pushed back the GB dates by a day

may 7th to may 28th are the GB dates as of now
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2022, 11:50:27 by Lysol_ »

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 03:38:19 »
Lysol you're based
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline linell

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 03:51:38 »
I wanna see that case come to fruition  :p
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 18:31:14 »
I would be so in if I didn't already have two 75% boards. I am also saving money for LeFishe lol.
GLWIC.

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 21:25:27 »
I would be so in if I didn't already have two 75% boards. I am also saving money for LeFishe lol.
GLWIC.

that's understandable. ty ty

Offline endl

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 15:04:24 »
This is the exact layout I've been waiting for, just wish it had per key rgb and hotswap

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 16:33:52 »
floating key design is well... floating key design, beside that this looks pretty cool, tiny o-rings like the ones used for burger mounts wouldn't work for this right? haven't built a skeleton mount board before so i have a massive lack of knowledge when it comes to this

Offline Backspace2

• Third most used key on the keyboard is Backspace!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 18:59:50 »
GLWIC!  :thumb: Kind of like the Practice 60 with the soldering?
Yes

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 07:59:10 »
tiny o-rings like the ones used for burger mounts wouldn't work for this right? haven't built a skeleton mount board before so i have a massive lack of knowledge when it comes to this

if o-rings have a small enough OD (about 1.5-2mm with a 1mm CS, they should work with this mounting.

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 08:06:44 »
GLWIC!  :thumb: Kind of like the Practice 60 with the soldering?

yes, since the USB will be SMD and not need flux soldering. it'll be on par with the practice60 in terms of soldering level

Offline nosaj03

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 11:58:25 »
I was on the fence about this but I think I will definitely grab one