geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] cw80/60 by cruel world (70% SHIPPED)

<< < (26/32) > >>

audax989:

--- Quote from: yourfavorite on Mon, 04 September 2023, 18:06:36 ---
--- Quote from: audax989 on Sun, 06 August 2023, 01:32:04 ---I was able to build mg cw88 by using the Bastion tkl from cannon keys with the molex connector. I also got the matching molex daughterboard and cable since the molex connector on the bastion is a bit further down than it usually is. I don’t experience the pcb bottoming out but there is very little space below the hotswap sockets.

Overall I like the typing feel of the board. Just sad things ended up the way they are. I need those shims tho.

Edit: It appears that my 1.5u mods are a bit crooked. Time to email Cannonkeys about it.

--- End quote ---

How did this end up going for you? I'm thinking about ordering this PCB to get a hotswap build going in the cw88. I'm assuming you used the C4 daughterboard that CK sells?

https://cannonkeys.com/products/unified-c4-daughterboard

--- End quote ---

It's been working well so far. and yes I used the CK daughterboard and cable as well. I just changed out the plate to Alu and been enjoying it so far. the CW88 has been one of my better sounding boards in the collection. its tragic how this all ended up. I hope CW fulfills all the open items for this board but that doesn't seem plausible at this point.

lofi_network:
Is there anyone who's friends with this dude who can ping him for an update? He doesn't respond to emails and hasn't updated his discord in almost 3 months. I don't even have an issue with waiting, but with all the exit scamming this year literally any communication would be nice.

incrediblejr:
It has been over six months since the Reddit post PSA: CruelWorld 60 has unexcusable design flaws, and almost three months since the last communication in the CW Discord regarding replacement PCBs and DB shims to fix a few of CW60 many issues. For reference, Justin is now fulfilling orders for the 700+ units Derivate group buy, seven months post-group buy. In the same period, CW has only managed to display two images of a PCB. To further emphasize CW's incompetence, Justin will have successfully fulfilled three major GBs (Cloudline, Moment, Derivate), while we are still awaiting the board promised to us in the GB.

--- Quote from: lofi_network on Mon, 06 November 2023, 16:08:39 ---Is there anyone who's friends with this dude who can ping him for an update? He doesn't respond to emails and hasn't updated his discord in almost 3 months. I don't even have an issue with waiting, but with all the exit scamming this year literally any communication would be nice.

--- End quote ---

Both CW and their friends frequent GeekHack so if they had any intention to help out or fix this mess of a GB they would have done it by now.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: incrediblejr on Mon, 13 November 2023, 01:47:59 ---It has been over six months since the Reddit post PSA: CruelWorld 60 has unexcusable design flaws, and almost three months since the last communication in the CW Discord regarding replacement PCBs and DB shims to fix a few of CW60 many issues. For reference, Justin is now fulfilling orders for the 700+ units Derivate group buy, seven months post-group buy. In the same period, CW has only managed to display two images of a PCB. To further emphasize CW's incompetence, Justin will have successfully fulfilled three major GBs (Cloudline, Moment, Derivate), while we are still awaiting the board promised to us in the GB.

--- End quote ---

Jesus 6 months, it doesn't feel like that.

Is it just the pcb that is the issue here, if the runner won't offer replacements I guess someone else could design an open source on and just people order it, if something like a hiney pcb is compatible. At least people will get usable boards even if the runner flaked and not fufilled on their promises.

tactilesbad:
lmao dude lost face and bailed, absolute ridiculous behavior

how hard could it be to pick up some open source 60% pcb like the waffling60 and relocate the jst connector to match the botched hole in the board?
community effort could solve this in a week - even though I completely agree the cost of it all should not be shouldered by the GB backers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version