geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] 852 TKL - A Hong Kong themed TKL

<< < (5/6) > >>

Jho:
I love maps and TKLs so I gotta express some sort of interest here. Looks great, O Ring mount sounds good, but just sad to see that price is all.

mr_foggy:

--- Quote from: beejay on Mon, 08 May 2023, 11:56:27 ---The target price is too high for the current state of the market and what you are making here.

--- End quote ---

wrong. I don't get the complaints about pricing, this is definitely cheaper than equivalent TKL ICs that surfaced in the last 6 months at least.

also it looks good! the map weight is very interesting. I too would suggest smoother sandblasting, though.

fuster:
Looks really really good

yvkb:
Price is reasonable, aesthetics are on point, would love to see a gray top / silver bottom option  :D

dr0pbear:
Thank you everyone for the IC feedback so far! I'm glad to see so many people have liked this board. I'd like to answer a few FAQs.

- A few people have mentioned the "grainyness" of the anodisation- I specified a 150 grit sandblast for the first proto, however this is clearly not smooth enough. I have communicated with the manufacturer to use a higher grit sandblast which should address this issue.
- I'll be commissioning a hotswap PCB for GB. I've also added support for split spacebar for solder. WK and WKL will be available, but no F13.
- I've increased the size of the internal weight for more heft. By my calculations this should raise the weight by ~350g
- Having 3 top case colour options seems realistic at this stage. I'm planning on keeping burgundy (Pantone 188C), Grey (Pantone 18-0306 TCX) and Aqua (Pantone 3262C). If there's demand for Cloud White (11-4201 TPX) I want to try and add that too. Bottom colour will remain as silver for all options.

Upcoming: I'm ordering another set of protos reflecting the changes made above. I also hope to confirm vendors soon.

Thanks again for all the feedback so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version