Author Topic: KeyCon 2014?  (Read 143927 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Re: KeyCon 2014?
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 03:48:21 »
Personally, San Diego is a good location for me.  I can double up with some work activities.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:30:50 »
UCI is within spitting distance of SD. i definitely considered this when i was thinking about locations. worst case, you take a short commuter hop up to san jose if it ends up being in norcal (but frankly if i'm organizing it will be closer to where i live/work).

boilermaker's parents also live in the san diego area quite close to HQ, imav, so he can drive you up.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:07:06 »
Can't he just punch his way there?

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 13:11:19 »
Keep him away from smoke detectors.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 14:24:17 »
Why?  He may check them for you...
Russ

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 14:38:00 »
As for San Diego, that sounds okay with me.  SD in the winter is a nice trip for a guy from NYC. :cool:

Las Vegas is okay too. 

Actually I don't really care where KeyCon '14 is held, as long as I have enough notice to plan my work schedule around it.  The longer ahead it's planned the better.  10 or 11 months is just about enough time too.  That might seem crazy to a vagabond hippy gypsy like CAPTBadAss, to plan things 10 months in advance, but that much time to plan would make it easier for me to attend anywhere in the world.

I'd bet that other people would like the advance notice as well.  So let's pick a place and a date for KeyCon '14 as soon as possible.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:00:58 »
As for San Diego, that sounds okay with me.  SD in the winter is a nice trip for a guy from NYC. :cool:

Las Vegas is okay too. 

Actually I don't really care where KeyCon '14 is held, as long as I have enough notice to plan my work schedule around it.  The longer ahead it's planned the better.  10 or 11 months is just about enough time too.  That might seem crazy to a vagabond hippy gypsy like CAPTBadAss, to plan things 10 months in advance, but that much time to plan would make it easier for me to attend anywhere in the world.

I'd bet that other people would like the advance notice as well.  So let's pick a place and a date for KeyCon '14 as soon as possible.

Agreed fully. The closer we get to any given date, the likelihood of me attending diminishes, as the possibility for that date to be scheduled for me to work increases drastically.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:09:21 »
Why?  He may check them for you...

True, True...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:12:18 »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:53:54 »

Las Vegas is okay too. 

Anywhere in the world, huh?  Time to start planning for World KeyCon 2015.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:00:48 »
(pounds fists on table)

VEGAS! VEGAS! VEGAS!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:02:11 »
(punches hole in wall)

VEGAS! VEGAS! VEGAS!

ftfy

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:05:38 »
(punches hole in wall)

then checks Fire Alarm

VEGAS! VEGAS! VEGAS!

ftfy

FTFY

Las Vegas is okay too. 

Dude, anywhere in the world for KeyCon '15?  That can only mean one place.  The Mecca for keyboards:  Seoul, S. Korea.  Second choice would be the Mecca for Topre lovers: Tokyo, Japan.  Third Place would be the Mecca for Larry Herzog lovers:  Columbus, WI, USA.  (why not just party at Larry's house?)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:07:50 »
(punches hole in wall)

then checks Fire Alarm

VEGAS! VEGAS! VEGAS!

ftfy

FTFY

Las Vegas is okay too. 

Dude, anywhere in the world for KeyCon '15?  That can only mean one place.  The Mecca for keyboards:  Seoul, S. Korea.  Second choice would be the Mecca for Topre lovers: Tokyo, Japan.  Third Place would be the Mecca for Larry Herzog lovers:  Columbus, WI, USA.  (why not just party at Larry's house?)

WI would be nice...

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:09:35 »
We should totaly go to iMav's
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 21:01:14 »
I'll do Seoul, but only if the conference includes a K-Pop concert.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 01:24:37 »
...KeyCon '14 is held, as long as I have enough notice to plan my work schedule around it.  The longer ahead it's planned the better.  10 or 11 months is just about enough time too.  That might seem crazy to a vagabond hippy gypsy like CAPTBadAss, to plan things 10 months in advance, but that much time to plan would make it easier for me to attend anywhere in the world.

I'm in the same boat. I actually spent like two weeks, with my planning starting in late June, trying to nail down dates at work so that I could go to Keycon '13. I also called in favors but the date actually worked out fine timing wise. It's not easy being a vagabond you know? I would prefer to know things far in advance but...I'll still show up barring anything crazy ^__^

And you guys are doing this all wrong. Keycon '14 or '15 should be at the real mecca of all things mechanical: Cherry HQ. Who wants to see MX switches made live? :P

Although on a more serious note....Signature Plastics visit would be really cool. Or CMStorm tour. Or WASDKeyboards. One of the big American vendors who have a storefront. Hell, another meet at MechanicalKeyboards.com's storefront would be incredible.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 01:54:45 »
...KeyCon '14 is held, as long as I have enough notice to plan my work schedule around it.  The longer ahead it's planned the better.  10 or 11 months is just about enough time too.  That might seem crazy to a vagabond hippy gypsy like CAPTBadAss, to plan things 10 months in advance, but that much time to plan would make it easier for me to attend anywhere in the world.

I'm in the same boat. I actually spent like two weeks, with my planning starting in late June, trying to nail down dates at work so that I could go to Keycon '13. I also called in favors but the date actually worked out fine timing wise. It's not easy being a vagabond you know? I would prefer to know things far in advance but...I'll still show up barring anything crazy ^__^

And you guys are doing this all wrong. Keycon '14 or '15 should be at the real mecca of all things mechanical: Cherry HQ. Who wants to see MX switches made live? :P

Although on a more serious note....Signature Plastics visit would be really cool. Or CMStorm tour. Or WASDKeyboards. One of the big American vendors who have a storefront. Hell, another meet at MechanicalKeyboards.com's storefront would be incredible.

My vote would be either SP or mechanicalkeyboards.com
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 12:00:22 »

I wish I could travel :(
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 12:02:36 »

The Judge said you can't leave the area until until the probation is over?

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 12:03:32 »

The Judge said you can't leave the area until until the probation is over?

This seems legit
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline dante

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 20:32:26 »

My vote would be either SP or mechanicalkeyboards.com

I would LOVE to attend a con at mk.  I missed the first mk get together and didn't get to spend enough time with Mashby.