Author Topic: KeyCon 2014?  (Read 143922 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: KeyCon 2014?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:01:14 »
I'd much rather a west coast meetup, there's actually things to do there.

Smoke crack and get beat up by cops?

whoa whoa whoa..

you're really giving cali **** when you went to chicago? home of homicide?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:01:39 »
whoa whoa whoa..

you're really giving cali **** when you went to chicago? home of homicide?

^this

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:18:49 »
I fear that if we start attaching "KeyCon" to everything (like I did earlier. oops.), it could water down the big gathering concept.  The community could do a couple things on a larger scale every year that brings together presentations, speakers, promotions, folks flying in from all over the country.   But I am wary about getting too ambitious too quickly.

Ideas for smaller meets:

KeyMeet
KeyRally
KeyPowWow
KeyGet (Together)
KeyAss(embly)
You forgot the most important one.
KeyCamp

KeyCamp is going to be the 3-day weekend overnight bootcamp that I hold at the local state forest to introduce newbs to all things keyboards. 
WOAH

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:22:42 »
I fear that if we start attaching "KeyCon" to everything (like I did earlier. oops.), it could water down the big gathering concept.  The community could do a couple things on a larger scale every year that brings together presentations, speakers, promotions, folks flying in from all over the country.   But I am wary about getting too ambitious too quickly.

Ideas for smaller meets:

KeyMeet
KeyRally
KeyPowWow
KeyGet (Together)
KeyAss(embly)
KeyCamp

KeyCamp is going to be the 3-day weekend overnight bootcamp that I hold at the local state forest to introduce newbs to all things keyboards. 
WOAH

Including Self Defence 101 - How To Defend Yourself Against A Raging Bear Armed Only With A Model M?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:23:05 »

Ideas for smaller meets:

KeyMeet
KeyRally
KeyPowWow
KeyGet (Together)
KeyAss(embly)
KeyCamp

WOAH

Including Self Defence 101 - How To Defend Yourself Against A Raging Bear Armed Only With A Model M?

And a moose with a model F?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:25:17 »
Is kmiller going to teach us how to start a fire by banging two clacks together?
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:34:18 »
Is kmiller going to teach us how to start a fire by banging two clacks together?

:))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:49:23 »
My vote would be let people organise smaller meet ups by state or whatever.  For the larger "KeyCon" events my vote would be to rotate the venue between central, east coast, west coast.  This way each region gets a Keycon.  Or you could do it every 6 months and then each region gets one every 18.  Personal suggestions for locations would be larger cities that have very busy airports just due to the fact that there is more competition for airfare, hotels, and actual venues which will help prices.  IE Chicago, Vegas, New York.  Again just my 2 caps worth.

Melvang
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 10:51:21 »

WOAH
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm already dreaming up other sessions:

-How to roast your rubber domes over the fire and turn them into a tasty great
-The importance of mechanical keyboards in a survival situation
-How to explain your keyboard addiction friends, family and co-workers
-Methods for trapping and taming keyboards in the wild
-Composing keyboard campfire songs and sharing legends
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 10:57:23 »
We should also include blindfolded keyboard assembly. Fastest person wins a new keyboard or some other prize.

Also I rather like how the system works now. Informal meets + a few more official meets. I've probably done one real meetup (Keycon and Chicago - March/April 2013) and then did like 4-5 smaller meetups (three people or less). And I do love that we have larger meets in larger cities. Chicago was a blast.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 10:59:48 »
We should also include blindfolded keyboard assembly. Fastest person wins a new keyboard or some other prize.

Also I rather like how the system works now. Informal meets + a few more official meets. I've probably done one real meetup (Keycon and Chicago - March/April 2013) and then did like 4-5 smaller meetups (three people or less). And I do love that we have larger meets in larger cities. Chicago was a blast.

You could also have 'blindfolded' guess what switch etc this is.....I'm sure some people are 'good' enough to get it right!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:01:41 »
i like the CES idea, but i have to check with vendors who DO exhibit at CES to see whether their CES teardown would actually prevent them from attending (weird, i know, but convention logistics are weird)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:03:11 »
I just like the idea of someone holding a 700 F iron while blindfolded, trying to solder a keyboard together.

Also, WE CAN GO TO CES AND BE BOOTH BABES FOR COOLERMASTER MKAWA??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:04:10 »
I just like the idea of someone holding a 700 F iron while blindfolded, trying to solder a keyboard together.

Also, WE CAN GO TO CES AND BE BOOTH BABES FOR COOLERMASTER MKAWA??

I bet mkawa solders blindfolded just for fun.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:16:32 »
Also, for the purpose of a central meeting location, we should hold KeyCons at one of the geographic centers of the US.

Geographic center of Lower 48: near Lebanon, Kansas.
Geographic center of all fifty states:  northeast of Belle Forche, South Dakota
Geographic center of North America: Rugby, North Dakota (an Amtrak stop.  Doable!)
Mean center of US population:  Texas County, Missouri

I hear the Dakotas in February are just exceptional.

Thoughts?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:19:01 »
no love below the sweet tea line  :(

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:25:46 »
LOL.  Another smallish club I am in has had national meetups every year since the 90s.  The convention with by-far the worst turn out was located in Topeka, Kansas.  This was done to appease the left-coasters, who always complained that the con was too far.  Ironically, it had the lowest number of West-coast members.  The conventions with the highest turn outs have been located in IL, MI, IN, and OH.

My point is that geographic centrality does not yield better turn-outs, because it is far from everybody.  Rotating it around is probably the best option.
Russ

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 11:31:45 »
you actually have to take not raw geographic centers (ie, simple embedding into 2-space) but warp the geometry to reflect population density. and that doesn't take into account the weird costs of travel due to tourist destinations subsidizing things etc. etc. etc. etc.

etc.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 12:24:09 »
LOL.  Another smallish club I am in has had national meetups every year since the 90s.  The convention with by-far the worst turn out was located in Topeka, Kansas.  This was done to appease the left-coasters, who always complained that the con was too far.  Ironically, it had the lowest number of West-coast members.  The conventions with the highest turn outs have been located in IL, MI, IN, and OH.

My point is that geographic centrality does not yield better turn-outs, because it is far from everybody.  Rotating it around is probably the best option.
IN Keycon please.  Indianapolis is literally a perfect convention city.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 12:26:46 »
If we were to do a cooler time of year, Dallas would be a decent option as well.  Plenty of places to organize a great con experience and decent after-party options as well.  But anyone not used to heat would melt if we did it this time of year

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 12:37:46 »
If we were to do a cooler time of year, Dallas would be a decent option as well.  Plenty of places to organize a great con experience and decent after-party options as well.  But anyone not used to heat would melt if we did it this time of year

I agree with this.  Texas is an awesome place to visit, especially in winter for those of us from the snowy regions, and I'm not an expert on the area but Dallas has to have big convention locations.  All three of the major cities in Texas would be great, and Dallas is geographically better perhaps.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 12:40:55 »
you actually have to take not raw geographic centers (ie, simple embedding into 2-space) but warp the geometry to reflect population density. and that doesn't take into account the weird costs of travel due to tourist destinations subsidizing things etc. etc. etc. etc.

etc.

I threw in Texas County, Missouri, for this reason.  Branson, here I come!

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:38:24 »
so.... Denver? lol
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:43:20 »

IN Keycon please.  Indianapolis is literally a perfect convention city.

MKULTRA is somewhat correct in this.  Indianapolis hosts tons of big sports events and conventions Every year.  Hotels, restuarants, entertainment, and convention space are all very compact in the downtown area.  Hotels and meals and such will be cheaper than bigger cities.

However, transport from the airport is basically taxi only, direct flights from many cities are expensive or non-existent, it's friendlier for larger gatherings, and, well, it's Indianapolis, doing its best to crawl out from underneath the shadow of Chicago.

Offline wcass

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 19:58:22 »
CES isn't open to the public.
what i am trying to suggest is to find out what events that <keyboard_vendor_you_want_to_see> will be attending and try to have a "keycon" the weekend before or after. that way the vendor can have a presence at our event without it costing much. a workable event might be a computer gaming contest or industry meeting.

it doesn't matter that CES is not open to the public. what does matter is that many keyboard manufacturers from all over the world will be in Las Vegas that week.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 20:10:06 »
Show Image

lets do this

I like this idea, but raise it this:

Yes, I live here, but there are so many other reasons:  airport is downtown, awesome weather, awesome food/drinks (Gaslamp quarter), tons of lodging, many great places to hold the event. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 21:16:42 »
Show Image

lets do this

Show Image

Yes, I live here, but there are so many other reasons:  airport is downtown, awesome weather, awesome food/drinks (Gaslamp quarter), tons of lodging, many great places to hold the event. 

ONLY if after we go to lego land!

also next event needs
a) more hashbaz
b) more alaric
c) more demik
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 21:22:57 »
And it'll be during the summer right? RIGHT?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 22:25:42 »
Next event needs an equal amount of CPTBadAss though :D

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:50:19 »
Somewhere in the E.U. ??
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 07:59:52 »
Show Image

lets do this

Show Image

feb is definitely an out of season month for SD, but as you know, even out of season, things can be expensive there. also, it's that much more driving/flying for the norcal folks.

it could be an option though, as i have many strings to pull to get us a large awesome conf room in sd, and i know exactly which beaches we can chill on after the con.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 08:21:20 »
Setting a date early is key for me.  If I can get something on my calendar 4-6 months in advance, I can schedule according.  (And any "in stone" conflicts will be known that far in advance as well)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 08:23:54 »
yea, put me down for KC14!...just need to know a couple of months in advance
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 11:59:16 »
I will be making the effort to go to the next one as well. I didn't realize what the first one was about (stupid not reading...) until it was too late.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:49:09 »
Show Image

lets do this

Show Image

feb is definitely an out of season month for SD, but as you know, even out of season, things can be expensive there. also, it's that much more driving/flying for the norcal folks.

it could be an option though, as i have many strings to pull to get us a large awesome conf room in sd, and i know exactly which beaches we can chill on after the con.

The sun? What's that?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 13:04:57 »
I like the idea of rotating between east, west, and central locations.  At least until we get a sense of what works and produces good turn-out.  I don't think we should do it more often than say every 9 months.  Local meet-ups are one thing, but we want KeyCon™ to be special.  I'm also totally down with paying to get in if it means better venues and more interesting things to do and see.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:06:01 »
I like the idea of rotating between east, west, and central locations.  At least until we get a sense of what works and produces good turn-out.  I don't think we should do it more often than say every 9 months.  Local meet-ups are one thing, but we want KeyCon™ to be special.  I'm also totally down with paying to get in if it means better venues and more interesting things to do and see.

If we were able to pull off a big event every year, that would be quite a feat. Attempting to do two per year is overkill.

One annual conference would be easier to plan for (both for organizers and for the attendees) and easier to get vendor support if we're only hitting them up once a year. I really like the idea of rotating the location though. This year was Chicago, next year California, and then 2015 is in New York, for example.  For the conferences that I participate in for my day job, that's what they do both on the State level and the National level and it works quite well.

We should be planning at least 9 months out if we're doing a "big" conference, so to do more than one per year is a big commitment to whomever is planning it. Why? Because you'll be constantly planning as they will overlap. You'll be running the spring conference while trying to commit people to the fall conference. That's a lot to ask.

I know there is a lot of excitement over the first one and we're all eager for another (myself included), but I think meet-ups will work better between conferences, rather than attempting to do two conferences per year. Not to mention that I love how laid back and relaxed a meet-up can be. It's a whole different vibe and much more one-on-one than a full Con.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:14:40 »
If it's possible, why not have all 3 at the same time but then have a webcam/TV broadcasting to the other 2 cons?

Honestly, 3 years between events is a long time (I don't really plan on going to a NYC or Cali meetup, I'd love to, but I don't think I could)

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:19:34 »
If it's possible, why not have all 3 at the same time but then have a webcam/TV broadcasting to the other 2 cons?

That's bananas. You're describing a logistical nightmare that makes me want to run into the woods screaming.  :p

Honestly, 3 years between events is a long time (I don't really plan on going to a NYC or Cali meetup, I'd love to, but I don't think I could)

If the only event that you could ever attend is in Chicago then moving locations would never work for you regardless.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:27:30 »

That's bananas. You're describing a logistical nightmare that makes me want to run into the woods screaming.  :p

If the only event that you could ever attend is in Chicago then moving locations would never work for you regardless.

Chicago works, but so does the WI, IL, MI, MN area...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:31:53 »

From your point of view, it should be a wash.  Let me explain:

Scenario 1 - Rotate - Every 3 years you get to meetup with some seriously cool people from all across the nation.  Sprinkle in some local meetups in the off years and that means you get to hang out with local people all three years and some other great people once every three years. (and view non-locals on webcam two out of three years)

Scenario 2 - Separate Events - Every year you get to meetup at KeyCon, but it will be mostly local people because there are regional KeyCons all at the same time.  You get to view non-locals via webcam, but that's more or less your only interaction with them ever. 

So in Scenario 2 you get to attend more "KeyCon"s, but I think your overall meetup experience is worse than in Scenario 1 where you attend every three KeyCons but still meetup with locals in off years.

Just trying to make you not feel bad about it.  :)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:34:39 »
Well I didn't go this year cause it's not so easy to time a 12h ride with a family, but I think that if I have to stay at the hotel and all, it would be much nicer if it was at a place with some touristic interest. Then I could bring my GF and stay a few days to justify all the travel.

Or we do it in Plattsburgh! (yea you figured it's the closest place in the states from where I live  :p)
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:37:53 »
YES, LET'S DO IT IN PLATTSBURGH. 518 REPRESENT.

Oh, and I think I'm not really helping with this discussion. I'm more of a "Have keyboards, will travel" type of guy. I do like the rotating cities thing. Keycon 2015 is in NYC etc. But that's just because I can afford and love to travel. Not everyone is in the same position I'm in.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 14:41:14 »
But that's just because I can afford and love to travel. Not everyone is ballin' out of control.
FTFY ol' cap

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 16:26:01 »
Mashby once again is making some good arguments.  I agree.

Most of my posts in this thread have been facetious, but in all seriousness, I support a swing at a Vegas winter gathering at some point.  You can get some cheap rates at downtown hotels rather than the gaudy Main Strip hotels, easy flights from smaller towns (Hello Allegiant!), Cirque shows, some great outdoor spots, and I lived there for 6 months so I know a few good local spots.

Over the next couple years, I am sure we will experiment with bigger gatherings in different parts of the country and find a system that works out.  We might have to restrain our attempts to create too many large gatherings.  But the enthusiasm is strong, and that's a great sign.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:28:42 »

Most of my posts in this thread have been facetious, but in all seriousness, I support a swing at a Vegas winter gathering at some point.  You can get some cheap rates at downtown hotels rather than the gaudy Main Strip hotels, easy flights from smaller towns (Hello Allegiant!), Cirque shows, some great outdoor spots, and I lived there for 6 months so I know a few good local spots.

Over the next couple years, I am sure we will experiment with bigger gatherings in different parts of the country and find a system that works out.  We might have to restrain our attempts to create too many large gatherings.  But the enthusiasm is strong, and that's a great sign.

Also I just realized that I list the obvious reasons why anybody has a convention in Vegas. 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:42:32 »

Also I just realized that I list the obvious reasons why anybody has a convention in Vegas. 

Is it the gambling/booze/hookers?

'cuz I'm willing to skip bible camp if it is.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:05:02 »

Lol, I did not even think of those reasons.  I never gambled during the year+ I lived in the state, just struck me as a waste of time and money.   And prostitution is such an ingrained part of the Nevada culture, I don't even think twice about it.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 17:39:58 »

Lol, I did not even think of those reasons.  I never gambled during the year+ I lived in the state, just struck me as a waste of time and money.   And prostitution is such an ingrained part of the Nevada culture, I don't even think twice about it.

Dang.  I guess it's bible camp for me then.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline evolyn

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 20:22:44 »
keyCon EUWEST PLEASE thx ;)
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ