Author Topic: [IC] GMK Jamón - [RAMA X JAMÓN AVAIL]  (Read 97154 times)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
Re: [IC] GMK Jamón - Group Buy In February [NEW RENDERS]
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:51:17 »
Price reveal in 10 minutes.

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:52:56 »

Offline LXVRGS

Re: [IC] GMK Jamón - [DROP STARTS ON FEBRUARY 4TH]
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:01:47 »
the new renders look so good!

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #403 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:15:11 »
oh man guys!! GB is in 3 days!!   :eek: :cool:

Offline Gati

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:22:31 »
Price reveal in 10 minutes.
211951-0

That’s a long siesta
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:24:34 by Gati »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:23:08 »

:-\ Yes! The drop should be public in a couple minutes. I was taking a siesta.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:35:04 »

eating too much jamón eh?

Offline mimalik

« Reply #408 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:08:47 »

The concept of siesta should be introduced in Canada, I know Americans will have riots against it if they find found this exists. By the way is the drop starting on 4th or today?  As going public in few mins gives impression that we will be able to purchase it shortly, atleast thats how I see it.

Either way thanks for bringing this to life, great work in creativity on this one.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #409 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:11:00 »
Kit pricing:

$99.99 @ 500  :D

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:39:44 »
White accents got moved to jamonelties? I'm guessing this happened some time ago and I must've missed it. A shame, looks like I'm sitting this one out. Might get a couple ene survival kits still.

Offline derznation

« Reply #411 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:42:17 »
Kit pricing:

Show Image

$99.99 @ 500  :D

Hot damn nice job keeping the prices low! 

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:46:32 »
White accents got moved to jamonelties? I'm guessing this happened some time ago and I must've missed it. A shame, looks like I'm sitting this one out. Might get a couple ene survival kits still.

It gives more flexibility.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:28:13 »
Here we go people. It's happening.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:35:14 »
A Spanish Delicacy, Made in Germany

Wrong tagline, boycotting.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:38:31 »

A bit harsh for 1 key. But if you dont like it then you dont like it.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:42:44 »
In case if I missed it in previous posts, whts the significance behined Ene survival kit? Its growing on me and may go 2 of those to cover my full size board, besides tkl. numpad and jamonalities.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:43:04 »

I think he isn't counting with price breaks. From the 250 to 500 MOQ there's a 15 USD price drop, that's a lot, and it's similar with the Jamonelties, there's an 8 USD price drop from 150 to 250.  For 100 + 39.99 you get a base kit and a decently sized novelty kit. And that's not an optimistic estimation.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #418 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:46:25 »
In case if I missed it in previous posts, whts the significance behined Ene survival kit? Its growing on me and may go 2 of those to cover my full size board, besides tkl. numpad and jamonalities.

It's a reference to the April Fools post that started all. That's also why the poll is titled "GMK Jamón - The pinnacle of keyset development"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhCix6Gjw7b/

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:47:36 »
A Spanish Delicacy, Made in Germany

Wrong tagline, boycotting.

Please consider splitting Numpad based on Jamón's performance.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #420 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:48:34 »

I think he isn't counting with price breaks. From the 250 to 500 MOQ there's a 15 USD price drop, that's a lot, and it's similar with the Jamonelties, there's an 8 USD price drop from 150 to 250.  For 100 + 39.99 you get a base kit and a decently sized novelty kit. And that's not an optimistic estimation.
I'm sorry if it came off as passive aggressive and/or harsh. I rarely have any ill-intent towards anyone in this community, and my post was not an exception to that. Zam is right that I wasn't considering price breaks. I voiced my opinion because the rest of the jamonelties don't interest me, just the accent enter and esc do. Zam is also right that by setting up the kits as they are that there is more flexibility; it just happens that the flexibility does not apply in my use case scenario, which doesn't make his statement false for the greater community. I will say that i perhaps jumped the gun and should have waited to see what moqs were hit once the group buy had a week or so to run, but then again, it would no longer be in IC phase. No hard feelings intended.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 13:01:37 »

I'm sorry if it came off as passive aggressive and/or harsh. I rarely have any ill-intent towards anyone in this community, and my post was not an exception to that. Zam is right that I wasn't considering price breaks. I voiced my opinion because the rest of the jamonelties don't interest me, just the accent enter and esc do. Zam is also right that by setting up the kits as they are that there is more flexibility; it just happens that the flexibility does not apply in my use case scenario, which doesn't make his statement false for the greater community. I will say that i perhaps jumped the gun and should have waited to see what moqs were hit once the group buy had a week or so to run, but then again, it would no longer be in IC phase. No hard feelings intended.

To my fellow Cannuck, my appologies if I gave the impression that you gave harsh impression, we all understand when something like this happens. I feel the same about GMK Oblivion about Git+Hagoromo combination, but thats for another thread. I was trying to be a bit funny but failed at it as usual, hard to do it in text  :p :p :p :p

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 13:13:06 »
Oh the plans I have for this... 
Will you post links here to deskpads/clothing etc if those materialize?

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 13:25:20 »
Zambumon, would you be able to tell us how long this will run for?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 13:28:29 »
Oh the plans I have for this... 
Will you post links here to deskpads/clothing etc if those materialize?

Deskpads: Those should be done at https://novelkeys.xyz, keep an eye to their social media & newsletter.

Clothing: It was a joke.

Metal keycaps that people voted for when somebody added them by mistake to the poll: I've got you XOXO.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #425 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 21:04:02 »

To my fellow Cannuck, my appologies if I gave the impression that you gave harsh impression, we all understand when something like this happens. I feel the same about GMK Oblivion about Git+Hagoromo combination, but thats for another thread. I was trying to be a bit funny but failed at it as usual, hard to do it in text 
<3 :)

Offline keebitup

« Reply #426 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 23:40:38 »
I really like the pricing, lets hits those goals! One question about ene survival: does it have homing keys (and if yes, on which row)? Sorry for missing this in the IC phase

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 02:56:52 »
I really like the pricing, lets hits those goals! One question about ene survival: does it have homing keys (and if yes, on which row)? Sorry for missing this in the IC phase

The kit comes with a scooped homing key (R3)

Offline keebitup

« Reply #428 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:21:59 »

Ok, so a 2x ene survival kit planck will have homing in the zxcv row, right? Is R2,R3,R4,R1 order usable on cherry? Otherwise I will likely not use homing (and use keys from fourties kit instead).
Could you make the description on the drop page more explicit? It could be interpreted as having one homing key per row (and the homing does not show much in the render). Thanks!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:27:59 »

Ok, so a 2x ene survival kit planck will have homing in the zxcv row, right? Is R2,R3,R4,R1 order usable on cherry? Otherwise I will likely not use homing (and use keys from fourties kit instead).
Could you make the description on the drop page more explicit? It could be interpreted as having one homing key per row (and the homing does not show much in the render). Thanks!

Homing keys have always been R3, and it says "with a scooped key included" not "R1 to R4 with scoped keys included".  :-\

Offline keebitup

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:38:24 »

Homing keys have always been R3, and it says "with a scooped key included" not "R1 to R4 with scoped keys included".  :-\
That makes sense, thanks for clearing this up. I guess GMK doesn't even have a mould for R2 homing.
I'm not a native speaker, so the drop description sentence  wasn't 100% clear to me.
So if I would want ene survival kit alpha setup for planck (with correct legends for default layout and default profile (R2,R3,R4,R4)), I need 2x ene+fourties+base.

/edit: base would be needed for 1u ctrl+alt+gui in R4, and the arrows. pata negra or Jamonelties for the arrows would not be enough
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:47:05 by keebitup »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #431 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:46:17 »

That makes sense, thanks for clearing this up. I guess GMK doesn't even have a mould for R2 homing.
I'm not a native speaker, so the drop description sentence  wasn't 100% clear to me.
So if I would want ene survival kit alpha setup for planck (with correct legends for default layout and default profile (R2,R3,R4,R4)), I need 2x ene+fourties+base.

The Eñe kit was never meant to be a standalone one, but rather as a reference to the April Fools joke, it was made so one could replace all the 1U alphas, or the numpad numbers. Covering a Planck with two of them was a side effect, and it would be more optimal to just get a Core + Forties in that case.

Offline keebitup

« Reply #432 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 04:49:46 »

The Eñe kit was never meant to be a standalone one, but rather as a reference to the April Fools joke, it was made so one could replace all the 1U alphas, or the numpad numbers. Covering a Planck with two of them was a side effect, and it would be more optimal to just get a Core + Forties in that case.

Got it, I'm just trying to figure out which kits I will need. Thanks for designing the set!

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #433 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 09:04:13 »
Nice job on the pricing. I’ll have to jump on this one.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #434 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 15:10:39 »

Just one more day and the drop goes live! There's still a little surprise that has been in the works for a while and that will be revealed soon  :))

Offline Lepr3chaun

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 07:34:28 »
Jumping in on this tomorrow!!

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #436 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 08:13:49 »
Normally I'm against ABS keycaps as I live in a tropical country and I terribly hate shining keys.
But yeah, will probably make an exception for this set. Those novelties alone are worth it.
BTW, does the launch date of Feb 4th have anything to do with Lunar (or Chinese) New Year day which is on Feb 5th? After all, 2019 is the Year of the Pig 🙂
For that alone, this could literally be keycap set of the year 👍

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #437 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 08:35:24 »
Normally I'm against ABS keycaps as I live in a tropical country and I terribly hate shining keys.
But yeah, will probably make an exception for this set. Those novelties alone are worth it.
BTW, does the launch date of Feb 4th have anything to do with Lunar (or Chinese) New Year day which is on Feb 5th? After all, 2019 is the Year of the Pig 🙂
For that alone, this could literally be keycap set of the year 👍

Show Image

Yes.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #438 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 08:48:01 »
Sorry for not knowing gmk prices, but how does this compare to the 99 USD gmk BOW MD set which included at least base, numpad, iso and some space-bars?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #439 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 09:31:10 »
Sorry for not knowing gmk prices, but how does this compare to the 99 USD gmk BOW MD set which included at least base, numpad, iso and some space-bars?

Massdrop has included 26 more keycaps than Jamón, out of those one is a 6.00U spacebar.

• Black on white only uses 2 colors (black and white) which are stock colors / Jamón uses 3 colors. Monochrome sets are cheaper.
  • Massdrop doesn't pay the designer. / Massdrop pays the designer.
  • Massdrop has (probably) bought 1000 units considering that they have already sold over 665 kits. / Massdrop hasn't bought any because the drop hasn't even started. That being said, Jamón's kit costs $90 at 1000 units.

This is why Massdrop has labelled Jamón a "Massdrop x Designer GMK Name of The Set Custom Keycap Set" and white on black as a "Massdrop White-On-Black GMK Keycap set".
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2019, 09:35:11 by Zambumon »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 08:15:05 »
Yay the drop is oipen on MD, now what is that promised surprise?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 08:36:26 »
RAMA X Jamón caps

Offline mimalik

« Reply #442 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 08:53:59 »
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet, i dont see them in current drop page, I am assuming it will be added later.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 09:10:41 »
RAMA X Jamón caps

RAMA Bacon cap when?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects

Offline derznation

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 10:59:55 »
My 2 selfish pieces of feedback are :
1. It's a bummer the deskmat went up on NK separate of the drop.  Shipping is almost as much as the deskmat so I'm gonna have to pass for now :(
2. I really hope the novelties reach T2 or T3 MOQ because they're quiet expensive relative to the rest of the add-ons, but OFC i'm getting them because the Bacon and Eggs is what sold me on this kit :)

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 11:12:52 »
1. It's a bummer the deskmat went up on NK separate of the drop.  Shipping is almost as much as the deskmat so I'm gonna have to pass for now :(
2. I really hope the novelties reach T2 or T3 MOQ because they're quiet expensive relative to the rest of the add-ons, but OFC i'm getting them because the Bacon and Eggs is what sold me on this kit :)

Novelties are always going to be more expensive than the average keys. They require special tooling to create, which incurs additional cost. Expecting specialized keys to be the same cost as the average set is kinda silly.

Offline derznation

« Reply #447 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 11:15:18 »

Novelties are always going to be more expensive than the average keys. They require special tooling to create, which incurs additional cost. Expecting specialized keys to be the same cost as the average set is kinda silly.

I didn't say it was unreasonable that they cost as much as they do, just that I hope people pile on and hit higher MOQ's.  Zam did a great job keeping down the cost on the rest of the kit, so if we can get the higher MOQ's for novelties it'll be a really affordable kit even with all the options!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 11:55:09 »
RAMA X Jamón caps
stainless steel Ñ cap, finally

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #449 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 12:08:30 »
Also I realized today that for true planck/ortho 40 coverage, since the profiles are not 1 2 3 4 but 2 3 4 4, you would technically need 4 Ñ kits to match the proper profile.  I'm crazy enough to do it but just a heads up for people that don't want to miss out on that.