Author Topic: Matias Alps spacebars - Mini review  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Matias Alps spacebars - Mini review
« on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 14:18:30 »
Matias Alps spacebars are a reality.  The samples I received were both 7x units and are set up for standard cherry/costar stabilizers.  The plastic is abs and has a nice feel to it.  The fitment of the white one was perfect, but the black one needed just a touch of shaving with a razor on the alps mount to remove a little flashing - no biggie.  Build quality feels on par with SP and the thickness is about the same as well.  One significant difference from all of my other space bars is the profile.  As you can see from the photo, the front edge has a more rounded profile from everything I have tried (order in photo L to R:  Stock Chicony, Matias, GMK, SP).  It has a great feel as the front edge doesn't have any sort of sharp edge.  I took a few minutes to get used to because I tend to almost grab the edge of the spacebar with the side of my right thumb (you can see the shiny spot where I hit it in the photo)  and without the sharp edge, I was just sliding off.  Now that I know how this feels, I really can't wait for the Infinity to get here so that I can put together a new DD - the Chicony just feels too flimsy compared to everything else I own no matter how much I like the clicky white alps. 

Pictures!

Side profile on my Chicony - the caps are very close to DCS profile.

Huge thanks to Matias for sending the spacebars to compare and try out.  Also, for those that would like to know, the color of the white is very close to WFK and the black will match NN.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline pasph

Re: Matias Alps spacebars - Mini review
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 16:45:19 »
Great news!
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"