Author Topic: Realforce R2 screws?  (Read 951 times)

Offline futotorofu

Realforce R2 screws?
« on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 09:39:55 »
I have a Realforce R2 PFU Limited Edition, and as I was modding it the other day, I lost a PCB screw. Now, I was able to reassemble it just fine, but I feel kind of sorry for my keyboard missing one of its screws... Plus, if I end up losing more screws, I'm going to be very sad. So, does anyone know what size the screws are and where I can buy more? I lost one of the shinier, lighter colored screws, but I'd like to know about the darker color screws, too. Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm really new to pretty much all kinds of hardware modding.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Realforce R2 screws?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 09:51:10 »
I would take a screw with me to my local hardware chain/store and see if I could match it up with their current in stock screws.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Riverman

Re: Realforce R2 screws?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 10:33:12 »
I have a pile of those screws on my workbench, but they're too small for my thread diameter and pitch gauges, which only go down to M2.5 and .45mm thread pitch.  Screws for glasses are about the only thing I think you'd be likely to find at a hardware store.  Using my calipers, these are the measurements I got for the length and diameter:

Black: 2.25mm in diameter, 8mm length

Silver: 2mm in diameter, 4.75mm length