Author Topic: Realforce R2 RGB Typing Weird Symbols  (Read 1239 times)

Offline dirtegg

Realforce R2 RGB Typing Weird Symbols
« on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 13:51:32 »
Since owning a Realforce R2 RGB, when I occasionally plug it into my Mac, the board types these weird symbols and gibberish where each key seems to be typing something else... for example trying to type a sentence like "this happened" shows up as ø˚ ˆ† ˙åππ´˜´∂ å©åˆ˜, and some modifier keys show up as different as well.

Unplugging and replugging in only helps half the time, and it'll sometimes take a few unplugs or changing of USB ports to fix the problem. Once the board is plugged in, it doesn't happen again until it's unplugged again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline Riverman

Re: Realforce R2 RGB Typing Weird Symbols
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 16:40:25 »
It sounds like a key is getting stuck.  Normally the option key is what makes a Mac type symbols like that.  I'd open the keyboard viewer, press the option key, and see if you can identify any of those symbols.  Otherwise, the RGB is fully compatible with a Mac.  I used one on my Mac Mini for quite a while.

Offline dirtegg

Re: Realforce R2 RGB Typing Weird Symbols
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 18:33:03 »
It sounds like a key is getting stuck.  Normally the option key is what makes a Mac type symbols like that.  I'd open the keyboard viewer, press the option key, and see if you can identify any of those symbols.  Otherwise, the RGB is fully compatible with a Mac.  I used one on my Mac Mini for quite a while.

Oh my gosh, you're so right. When i hold down the option key, the same things happen in the exact manner that i described. This is such a lifesaver, I'm going to take it apart again and reseat the domes! Hopefully this thread will stay here in case another person comes along with the same problem, thank you!