Author Topic: Ducky One 2 Mini PCB Troubleshooting  (Read 1372 times)

Offline GheeB

Ducky One 2 Mini PCB Troubleshooting
« on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 06:57:13 »
Hey all,

Just finished putting together a DZ60, so I thought I'd desolder the switches from my old One 2 Mini, mess around with that a bit.  I messed something up unfortunately, would love some assistance troubleshooting.

On my top row everything from 7 and up is no longer firing.  I've done what little troubleshooting I've learned so far, here's what I've got:

1) They won't fire when I short them, but when I bridge the bottom pin to a working key on the same row I can get them to work (bottom pin on 8 to bottom pin on 6, can consistently get a key to work. 
2) The actual 7 key is much harder to apply the above method to, albeit possible.  I don't know why I can get it to work sometimes yet, still figuring that out. 

So, from what I've read, it sounds like I broke a trace somewhere around 7 that is causing an issue down the rest of the row?  Or I somehow managed to pooch the desoldering on 7 consecutive switches.  I think I would be able to regain functionality by using wires to connect the bottom pins down the whole row (1 to 7, 2 to 8, 3 to 9, and so on).  That still leaves me with a somewhat wonky 7 key and seems like more of a "band-aid" approach.  I'd really like to know what I did wrong and how to fix it correctly.  Here's a couple shots of the whole PCB and a closeup on 7https://imgur.com/a/5INzZOu
Thanks in advance for any help!  I'm super new at this, so any suggestions on terminology or anything that would help me troubleshoot going forward would be awesome!