Author Topic: [IC] Andromeda: Ultra-High-End Sculpted TKL - GB Oct 24  (Read 172677 times)

Offline LOLWK

Re: [IC] Andromeda: Ultra-High-End Sculpted TKL - GB Oct 24
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:01:45 »
Because it clearly was, I'm not sure how you're not seeing that. This feels rushed to me, but to each their own. There is no true refinement here for $750, no choice of anything really for a "custom keyboard," plain pcb that looks worst than a cheap keyboard, cut-outs that overlap with switches, possible broken daughter ports, very limited quantity...I didn't want to go into all of this but seriously if anyone is entitled here are designers that expect all of you to eat up whatever is served.

Jesus your entitlement is outright disgusting.

Please. Feel free to design your own keyboard.
Then we'll see how "rushed" your **** will be.

You apparently have absolutely no ****ing clue what goes into making a keyboard like this.
How much time, money and sleepless nights a designer has to pour into a project like this for prototyping, solving problems and organizing stuff with vendors.

This was advertised as a "cost no object" keyboard and yet you are here, crying about the pricetag. Do you even hear yourself talking?

But yeah. I'm sure if you design a keyboard everything will be perfectly well planned out with 100 different color options right?
Please just leave this hobby already. Nodody wants entitled idiots like you here...  :-X

You sound like a huge dbag. "my entitlement is outright disgusting," are you for real? I'm not even entitled I'm just raising real concerns here. People had to go on attack mode after a very simple criticism, and then they get hurt when I explain position. But let me tell you what, even if I was, this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality as a consumer. If I saw the same with any other item, including from big corporations I would say the same. Stop being a tool, not providing real feedback will only diminish the community. Don't be a yes man, its gross.

You arent providing any real feedback. Thats what youre getting attacked.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:05:09 »
I mean, that photo ain't grey, so again, this is really just compounding the problems that are being raised here. And Apiary said the PCB is the final one....

SO, it was confirmed grey and PCB is not final.

This is why its bad to go on assumptions.

Offline Juggy

« Reply #302 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:06:14 »
You sound like a huge dbag. "my entitlement is outright disgusting," are you for real? I'm not even entitled I'm just raising real concerns here. But let me tell you what, even if I was this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality as a consumer. If I saw the same with any other item, including from big corporations I would say the same. Stop being a tool, not providing real feedback will only diminish the community. Don't be a yes man, its gross.

"Raising real concerns"...
Calling the groupbuy "rushed", "not well planned" while you have absolutely zero ****ing knowledge about what kind of work goes into a design and groupbuy like this is exactly that. Entitlement.

"even if I was this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality"
Yeah and you absolutely know the quality of this board right? Jesus...

cut-outs that overlap with switches
Apparently you are even to stupid to understand how a screwless case design works...  :confused:

Also:
Lol. I love the assumption that if it's expensive, and custom, it has to have limitless color options for me. Or that protos should be flawless to me. Or that it should be tailored to me. Or that quantity should be unlimited for me. Or that it should be sold for a price and using a method that I should have no problem purchasing it.
Entitlement.

Relax you're going to pop a vein.

Offline grimis

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:11:08 »
I mean, that photo ain't grey, so again, this is really just compounding the problems that are being raised here. And Apiary said the PCB is the final one....

Ya, god forbid I use a photo provided by the designer to judge the project, and god forbid I use the information provided by the streamer who was sent the product to promote said product who said the PCB was final.

What a bunch of completely unreasonable assumptions I've made! I'm clearly a very entitled person for drawing conclusions based on the information that was provided to me by the designer and the person responsible for promoting the product.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:14:21 by grimis »

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:13:58 »

Ya, god forbid I use a photo provided by the designer to judge the project, and god forbid I use the information provided by the streamer who was sent the product to promote said product who said the PCB was final.

It does not look fully black in the photo, and nobody said it would be black. It could be grey. That's what I am getting at. Unless the designer has said it will be a certain color and the PCB will look a certain way its not official information. That's all.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #305 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:14:19 »
Just cerakote or reanodize it.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Juggy

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:14:26 »
You sound like a huge dbag. "my entitlement is outright disgusting," are you for real? I'm not even entitled I'm just raising real concerns here. But let me tell you what, even if I was this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality as a consumer. If I saw the same with any other item, including from big corporations I would say the same. Stop being a tool, not providing real feedback will only diminish the community. Don't be a yes man, its gross.

"Raising real concerns"...
Calling the groupbuy "rushed", "not well planned" while you have absolutely zero ****ing knowledge about what kind of work goes into a design and groupbuy like this is exactly that. Entitlement.

"even if I was this is a high priced luxury item, I expect the price tag to match the quality"
Yeah and you absolutely know the quality of this board right? Jesus...

cut-outs that overlap with switches
Apparently you are even to stupid to understand how a screwless case design works...  :confused:

Also:
Lol. I love the assumption that if it's expensive, and custom, it has to have limitless color options for me. Or that protos should be flawless to me. Or that it should be tailored to me. Or that quantity should be unlimited for me. Or that it should be sold for a price and using a method that I should have no problem purchasing it.
Entitlement.

Relax you're going to pop a vein.

Seriously, we work with the info we are given. The price being announced this late, the colors being announced this late, not even having final mock-ups or any pictures of one of two options one week out is not exactly commendable. The discord was completely locked ages ago and there has been very little communication.  I don't like criticizing people that work hard, and this shouldn't diminish their work, but there needs to be less arrogance and better communication.

Offline pngu

• send noots
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:15:05 »
This is honestly 😖⚠️ such a huge 📈🍆 disappointment 😔😢 I've been ⏳️ waiting ⏰📆 on this since day 1 👈️ even passing on other ⌨️ boards 🛹 to have a 700💲 price tag🏷️ and only 🥈or grey 🤔 I for sure 💯 there would at least be a black 😋 option 🙏

I think 🤔it's safe to say 💬 📣 this one wasn't planned 📆 📰 well ☝️ and got away from designer 🖍️👶 at some point 👈️

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:15:59 »
I don't like criticizing people that work hard, and this shouldn't diminish their work, but there needs to be less arrogance and better communication.

Less arrogance -> Give me a time machine so I can check the future so I know when stuff will happen
Better communication -> Discord, as stated in the very first post of the thread

Offline grimis

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:24:11 »
I don't like criticizing people that work hard, and this shouldn't diminish their work, but there needs to be less arrogance and better communication.

Less arrogance -> Give me a time machine so I can check the future so I know when stuff will happen
Better communication -> Discord, as stated in the very first post of the thread

The arrogance part would be treating people like they're children and don't understand how things appear in different lightning. Grey can be light and a grey can look very very dark. All I asked is which way the grey on this board was learning(because the picture you provided was incredibly dark) and I get a spiel about how I shouldn't buy the board because you can't photograph it in absolutely perfect conditions to fill my need for an exact representation of it even though I never asked for that.

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #310 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:25:49 »
This is honestly 😖⚠️ such a huge 📈🍆 disappointment 😔😢 I've been ⏳️ waiting ⏰📆 on this since day 1 👈️ even passing on other ⌨️ boards 🛹 to have a 700💲 price tag🏷️ and only 🥈or grey 🤔 I for sure 💯 there would at least be a black 😋 option 🙏

I think 🤔it's safe to say 💬 📣 this one wasn't planned 📆 📰 well ☝️ and got away from designer 🖍️👶 at some point 👈️

Offline yui_

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:26:02 »
the sheer entitlement in this hobby makes me sick.
it's quite simple really... you don't like the product, you dislike the designer or the ic process, just don't buy it. there is no reason for a designer to change a design to fit your desires just because you think that you deserve it, because you don't.

this drama aside, gl w/ gb ai03. the board looks amazing. sad i won't be joining because budget doesn't allow, gl to all of the sensible people in here who actually want it.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:26:14 »

What a bunch of completely unreasonable assumptions I've made! I'm clearly a very entitled person for drawing conclusions based on the information that was provided to me by the designer and the person responsible for promoting the product.

You do know that the color of a PCB has absolutely nothing to do with the design of a PCB?
That a PCB can very well be already final and finished design but the final prototype was just made in green because that's actually cheaper than any other PCB color?

Probably not but whatever...

Offline grimis

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:30:21 »

You do know that the color of a PCB has absolutely nothing to do with the design of a PCB?
That a PCB can very well be already final and finished design but the final prototype was just made in green because that's actually cheaper than any other PCB color?

Probably not but whatever...

I understand that. The thing is, when the person asked on stream if the PCB was final, it was in the context of the colour.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #314 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:33:47 »
I understand that. The thing is, when the person asked on stream if the PCB was final, it was in the context of the colour.

Even then. What does it matter?
It's a PCB. You won't see it once it's in the board.
And the color doesn't define how well a PCB is designed.

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #315 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:34:51 »
Why does the pcb color matter to begin with?
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline grimis

« Reply #316 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:37:00 »

It matters because as you said, green is cheap and it would be kind of ****ty to get the cheapest option when you are paying for a premium product.

I understand  you don't see it once it's in the board. If most people actually felt this way about PCBs though, they would all just be generic green PCBs. They're not though and there is a reason for that, hence my original question about the colour.

edit: I will absolutelyadmit  my initial question about the pcb colour way back was snarky and slightly rude, but I think the response to people displaying very very minor criticism is completely over the top.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:39:21 by grimis »

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #317 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:38:56 »
i want my pcb in pink otherwise im out !!!  :cool:
i am fuming  :-X

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #318 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:40:20 »

It matters because as you said, green is cheap and it would be kind of ****ty to get the cheapest option when you are paying for a premium product.

I understand  you don't see it once it's in the board. If most people actually felt this way about PCBs though, they would all just be generic green PCBs. They're not though and there is a reason for that, hence my original question about the colour.

It's the cheapest option when doing prototyping with a manufacturer like JLCPCB.
For production runs it doesn't matter because with higher numbers the price per unit for special colors decreases anyways.

Offline Juggy

« Reply #319 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:40:57 »

I like how it seems remarkable to you that people that pay $750 of their hard earned money on a keyboard are picky. Must be a real epiphany today.

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #320 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:42:19 »

I like how it seems remarkable to you that people that pay $750 of their hard earned money on a keyboard are picky. Must be a real epiphany today.
I am actually from the EU so i cant even get the board  :blank:

Offline productkun

« Reply #321 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:43:26 »
I want a PCB with with a gradient, one that starts translucent to full black, cant believe i cant choose the colours, this is madness grr

Offline surfmurder

• MILK
« Reply #322 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:44:04 »
GL w/GB.

Matrix 1.2og - IDB - Ogre

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #323 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:44:21 »

CannonKeys has worldwide shipping.

Offline brln

« Reply #324 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:45:06 »

CannonKeys has worldwide shipping.

It has no pink pcb.
You heard the man.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:49:33 »
damn i live in a world where complaining that the prototype pcb is green and that you have to install the gaskets (read: build the keyboard yourself) is constructive "criticism" 9 months into an IC

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:55:12 »

Offline Myoth

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:56:33 »

so much this, on a "custom" keyboard even

it's insane how detached from reality some people are, take a step back and read the IC out loud to someone that isn't in the hobby, see how they react when they learn that an "ultra-high-end" "custom" keyboard has ... no customisability.

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #328 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:00:01 »

it's insane how detached from reality some people are, take a step back and read the IC out loud to someone that isn't in the hobby, see how they react when they learn that an "ultra-high-end" "custom" keyboard has ... no customisability.

How can you even complain about color options when they were TBA until yesterday? It's your own fault that you just assumed that there would be options and then you were let down by your own expectations.

Offline surfmurder

• MILK
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:02:31 »

Not every board has to have a myriad of customizable options. This board was designed because ai03 wanted this board. Their vision is specific, and so is the outcome of the boards design. This is not a rare or polarizing circumstance.

Matrix 1.2og - IDB - Ogre

Offline Myoth

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:05:39 »

How can you even complain about color options when they were TBA until yesterday? It's your own fault that you just assumed that there would be options and then you were let down by your own expectations.

I truly don't care about any of the board to be quite honest, it just seems obvious that people were going to complain about the lack of customisability when you hype up a board this much with such buzzwords and offer 2 colours. You reap what you sow.

Offline Rico

« Reply #331 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:07:59 »
Having a board sounding as nicely as it does, and without any dampening material, is already a big achievement.
Grey/Silver goes with nearly all keysets that you may have and is a classy classic.

It may not please everybody (nothing does) but I'm sure it will sell very quickly ;)

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:08:24 »

I truly don't care about any of the board to be quite honest, it just seems obvious that people were going to complain about the lack of customisability when you hype up a board this much with such buzzwords and offer 2 colours. You reap what you sow.

Exactly- you reap what you sow. For no reason whatsoever people imagined something and now are disappointed that their fantasies didn't come true. Who's to blame if not they themselves.

Offline grimis

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:10:02 »

Exactly- you reap what you sow. For no reason whatsoever people imagined something and now are disappointed that their fantasies didn't come true. Who's to blame if not they themselves.

For no reason what so ever? There are proto pics in this very topic from a few months ago of what appears to be a black board. Apparently it's not black, but it's grey. None of this was mention in the post of course.

So ya, no reason what so ever.

Offline dallman5

[IC] Andromeda: Ultra-High-End Sculpted TKL - GB Oct 24
« Reply #334 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:11:18 »

For no reason what so ever? There are proto pics in this very topic from a few months ago of what appears to be a black board. Apparently it's not black, but it's grey. None of this was mention in the post of course.

It was mentioned in the designers discord server which you could have joined and searched through the post history.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Myoth

« Reply #335 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:13:13 »

Not every board has to have a myriad of customizable options. This board was designed because ai03 wanted this board. Their vision is specific, and so is the outcome of the boards design. This is not a rare or polarizing circumstance.

Sure, Duck, LZ and whoever else doesn't have boards with 20 colour options, but they also don't usually make group buys with units in the 3 digits, those designers are within a niche in the hobby itself. I'm glad ai03 made it possible to a greater audience to get into the hobby with the previous boards he's made (mainly talking about the kbdfans collabs), but when you have set such a high standard in terms of quantity and customisibility, I think it's expected for the next boards with similar quantities to be met with such expectations as well.

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:13:23 »

Don't play the ignorance card. Since the very start it was clearly stated "Colors: TBA".
There was no info released on the colors other than that till just now.

Offline grimis

« Reply #337 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:14:53 »

It was mentioned in the designers discord server which you could have joined and searched through the post history.

So pictures are submitted in this topic, but I need to join a discord server and then wade through hundreds of thousands of letters of text in order to find out  what I'm even looking at in the topic?

And people get offended when someone says this seems poorly organized....

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #338 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:17:07 »

So pictures are submitted in this topic, but I need to join a discord server and then wade through hundreds of thousands of letters of text in order to find out  what I'm even looking at in the topic?

Was the color mentioned in the comment with the pictures? No. Means you thought it was x when you had no info on what it actually was and assumed it as fact. Who's fault is that? Yours.

Offline pngu

• send noots
« Reply #339 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:17:21 »

nice

Offline dallman5

« Reply #340 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:18:34 »

Discords search functionality works pretty well, no need to be so dramatic.

has: image
in: andromeda

Like so easy.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #341 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:19:00 »

You just assumed the proto to be black in the first place. So....
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:20:11 »

nice
how big can we make this pyramid
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Myoth

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:20:48 »

not sure if you understood who my "You reap what you sow." was targeted at, but whatever, the only thing to blame are the standards set on the wider market vs. the ones set in a niche keyboard forum : people on GH bought a keyboard that was only visually revealed at post-production (or was it delivery ?), you would try this on kbdfans and you'd be met with a **** tonne of disappointement. This difference is what lead to such a ****show of a thread, make it clear who a board is for, reduce the number of units if you mean to target a niche audience. You'll have a lot more people disappointed at 100 units than you would have at 40...

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #344 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:22:42 »

nice
how big can we make this pyramid
im not sure but sky is the limit

Offline krazikake

• Always tired
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:23:45 »
 ;D just get it reanodized...
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:36:39 by krazikake »
Duck Poker Silver w/ Nixies | KMAC Mini Silver w/ Vintage Blacks | QXP WKL Pink w/ NK Creams

Past boards: Dolphin V3 Olive, TX87 (SKCM Blue), Noxary X60 Black, Southpaw 65 Extended, HHKB PRO 2 Hi-Pro

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:25:37 »

not sure if you understood who my "You reap what you sow." was targeted at, but whatever, the only thing to blame are the standards set on the wider market vs. the ones set in a niche keyboard forum : people on GH bought a keyboard that was only visually revealed at post-production (or was it delivery ?), you would try this on kbdfans and you'd be met with a **** tonne of disappointement. This difference is what lead to such a ****show of a thread, make it clear who a board is for, reduce the number of units if you mean to target a niche audience. You'll have a lot more people disappointed at 100 units than you would have at 40...
Seems like you missed the whole point of my comment where I reversed the saying and pointed out that the people who complain are at fault for having expectations for no reason, because details weren't announced other than it would be very expensive.

Offline grimis

« Reply #347 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:29:17 »

Seems like you missed the whole point of my comment where I reversed the saying and pointed out that the people who complain are at fault for having expectations for no reason, because details weren't announced other than it would be very expensive.

Imagine showing what appears to be a black proto type and then saying there was no reason to believe there would be a black version lol

Offline grimis

« Reply #348 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:30:26 »
:)

Offline kaykaybunny

« Reply #349 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:33:44 »
Jeez I actually don't understand where are those hate from... Sorry for ai03...

First thing first, my friends, this keyboard here, is designed by ai03!!! A I 0 3!!! Do you even understand, or try to understand how big the love he got toward mechanical keyboards and how much effort he put in?? If you haven't heard of what had he achieved, you should. If he chose to do something, there are reasons for it.

Second, did you really understand what is a mechanical keyboard community? Do you understand what does it mean by a community? In a community, people here are doing what the love, what they want to do, what they want to share. People want to get joy from this. People achieved something great in his/her own aspect, by his/her own effort, and want to express the success they have, to send out a piece of positivity to whom may walk by. What builds up this community is the love, the passion, and last but not least, the respect. And yet, NOT HATE.

We should not bring any hate to the place. I understand maybe some of you are having a bad day, or just a sudden bad mood. And that is fine. But before you send out a comment, would you like to consider are your words hurting anyone in some way? Would you like to try to apprehend a bit more what already has been told? Would you like to try to process what is the intention of the OP? But still, by any means, a meaningful, constructive comment, should always be welcomed.

I can't afford this keyboard, either. But at my perspective, all I do is to appreciate, to admire, to respect, the beauty inside this keyboard. I beleve ai03 didn't make this keyboard to extract money. I also believe that he is not making this keyboard just to please you, or just to satisfied you. If you don't like it, and you got some improvement ideas, please do express it. However, if what you got is just some meaningless rant, or some vague comment, maybe you should keep it and dont sent it out, because you will be embarassing yourself.

Anyway, I still hope this group buy goes alright, I hope who are getting this keyboard will enjoy it, and I hope yall have a good day.