Author Topic: [GB] Prophet 60% Keyboard Kit (Complete)  (Read 130281 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] Prophet 60% Keyboard Kit (Shipping)
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:53:27 »
I find myself thinking about the typing feel of this keyboard even when I'm not using it.   Not sure if it's the 1/2 plate, or the flex cuts or the switches or the lube job or the case design... probably a perfect storm of all the above.

Offline westfoxtrot

• Cable Car Designs
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 09:50:24 »
I find myself thinking about the typing feel of this keyboard even when I'm not using it.   Not sure if it's the 1/2 plate, or the flex cuts or the switches or the lube job or the case design... probably a perfect storm of all the above.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you are enjoying it  :)

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 11:39:08 »
Updated OP to address PCB and Nylon plate issues.

Any progress on this?  My board was working fine for a couple months but yesterday the PCB issue with the num row setting off the entire column just popped up.  I was bashing my head against a wall trying to figure out what was going on, made sure the board wasn't shorting somewhere, did a clean up, a reset and nothing...then I came back here and saw the issue.

Very frustrating :\

Awesome board otherwise though!  Love the typing feel, it's my favorite right now.

Offline westfoxtrot

• Cable Car Designs
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 14:31:02 »

Any progress on this?  My board was working fine for a couple months but yesterday the PCB issue with the num row setting off the entire column just popped up.  I was bashing my head against a wall trying to figure out what was going on, made sure the board wasn't shorting somewhere, did a clean up, a reset and nothing...then I came back here and saw the issue.

Awesome board otherwise though!  Love the typing feel, it's my favorite right now.

Yes - please check the first post I have added all the details there! sorry for the trouble

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:48:02 »

Yes - please check the first post I have added all the details there! sorry for the trouble

Awesome thank you!  I'll give it a go tonight and see if it resolves the problem.

And no need to apologize, **** happens.  Thanks for the awesome board!
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:52:04 by WetRacoon »

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 15:16:21 »

So I flashed the board last night and all was good until earlier today when it started doing the same thing.  Perhaps I did something wrong during the flash process?  Followed all the usual steps, made sure it was in DFU and cleared eeprom.  Is there anything else I should be doing here?  I'll try flashing again tonight, hopefully this isn't a recurring issue with my board.

Offline westfoxtrot

• Cable Car Designs
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 10:18:17 »

So I flashed the board last night and all was good until earlier today when it started doing the same thing.  Perhaps I did something wrong during the flash process?  Followed all the usual steps, made sure it was in DFU and cleared eeprom.  Is there anything else I should be doing here?  I'll try flashing again tonight, hopefully this isn't a recurring issue with my board.

That's really odd - you're the first person to report something like that. Most people have not had a recurring issue. Try flashing again by holding esc and plugging in the board, hopefully this resolves. If not then please open a support ticket with your vendor for a replacement

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 18:16:19 »

That's really odd - you're the first person to report something like that. Most people have not had a recurring issue. Try flashing again by holding esc and plugging in the board, hopefully this resolves. If not then please open a support ticket with your vendor for a replacement

I flashed it again and so far so good.  I'll keep an eye on it though - super weird for sure.

Offline westfoxtrot

• Cable Car Designs
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:52:09 »
I am running a raffle for a charity here in the UK - Mermaids https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/, Helping gender-diverse kids, young people and their families. Tickets are £3 each and you can buy as many as you like. I plan to keep it open for 1 month unless we don't hit the fundraising goal

The prize is a WKL E-White Prophet with PP Plate, PCB, & Case. Worldwide entries are welcome!

Please make sure you tick to share your details with me so I can email you if you win. If there's no name or email I have no way of verifying entries!

Please enter here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/prophetraffle

Offline niicao

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 16:28:47 »
any chance of a r3? been wanting a prophet for so long but no sign of extras and i missed the angel ;-;

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 18:32:17 »
any chance of a r3? been wanting a prophet for so long but no sign of extras and i missed the angel ;-;

you can get one on mechmarket pretty easily, and for a reasonable price

Offline pott

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 15:55:34 »
I really like my Prophet.

But.

The stock nylon plate was unusable.
I did the hot water bath to try and stretch it out. It did not revert to its correct size as to fit the keyboard. The plate is too small. I had to purchase an aftermarket POM plate (which is very nice).

It is disappointing that a solution could not be made between the designers and Cannonkeys. I did pay for the whole keyboard, but did not get a functional plate. I did contact Cannonkeys but they did not offer a replacement plate nor compensation.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 August 2021, 15:58:28 by pott »

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 16:31:19 »

But.

I did the hot water bath to try and stretch it out. It did not revert to its correct size as to fit the keyboard. The plate is too small. I had to purchase an aftermarket POM plate (which is very nice).

It is disappointing that a solution could not be made between the designers and Cannonkeys. I did pay for the whole keyboard, but did not get a functional plate. I did contact Cannonkeys but they did not offer a replacement plate nor compensation.

Same thing happened to me, except I ordered a pp plate and cannon sent a nylon one anyways. They also sent the wrong top too.. I kinda just decided I wouldn't be ordering from them moving forward.

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 13:58:35 »

But.

Same thing happened to me, except I ordered a pp plate and cannon sent a nylon one anyways. They also sent the wrong top too.. I kinda just decided I wouldn't be ordering from them moving forward.

I got the same kind of customer service with another keyboard from them that arrived defective. Basically, there was no discussion, I was wrong and they were right...

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 14:17:53 »
Basically, there was no discussion, I was wrong and they were right...

It's good to know that other people had the same experience as me. Luckily, they haven't run anything interesting (to me) since prophet, so I don't really feel like I'm missing out. I was going to trade my hhkb top anyways, so that worked out. I just wanted a functional plate. But nope, I had to go get one custom cut.

Offline westfoxtrot

• Cable Car Designs
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 04:08:41 »
Hi,

Sorry you had trouble - I didn't get much fed back to me about fails on the nylon aside from people reaching out directly. If you send me a private message on here I'd love to further talk about it and see if I can resolve this personally somehow.

But.

Offline Koniotaur

Re: [GB] Prophet 60% Keyboard Kit (Complete)
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 11:30:14 »
What are chances for return of this project in near future?

Offline pott

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 14:49:21 »
Hi,

Sorry you had trouble - I didn't get much fed back to me about fails on the nylon aside from people reaching out directly. If you send me a private message on here I'd love to further talk about it and see if I can resolve this personally somehow.

But.

Much appreciated! I PMd you.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:04:52 »
If anyone is interested, I am selling mine.

Offline pott

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 16:51:48 »
Typing on my Prophet at work. Absolutely one of the best feeling and sounding boards I've ever had.
Still using an aftermarket POM plate with mine, a really great fit.

Offline infinii

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 04:30:32 »
Only getting around to building this now.

Anyone have problem with usb-c port sitting too low in the hole? I can't fully insert my usb-c cable.

https://imgur.com/a/YmSNaGA

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 14:12:33 »
Only getting around to building this now.

Anyone have problem with usb-c port sitting too low in the hole? I can't fully insert my usb-c cable.

https://imgur.com/a/YmSNaGA

I never got that issue, and I built mine with 4 different pcbs and did almost a dozen builds, maybe you have a bent pin or the switches aren't flush on the pcb?

Offline infinii

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 21:16:47 »
The USB port sits on the bottom of the PCB and I'm saying that when inserted into the case, it sits too low (as you can see in the picture).

The switches are on the top of the PCB. How would that affect the USB port?

I've eyeballed it and all my switches are sitting flush.

It's as if the hole cut out in the case is too high. The port sits flush on the bottom of the hole (as opposed to squarely in the middle).

Offline honoka

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 05:15:55 »
My dude, there is NO WAY that the switches are properly attached to the pcb in that picture. They are too far apart. Are you using a hotswap pcb? Something has come lose.

Offline honoka

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 05:23:10 »
Once seen it cannot be unseen. My dude, it looks like you have put the switches in the pcb, thrown the pcb down in the bottom of the case and then just slapped the plate on top.

The switches need to go through the plate and then into the pcb.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2023, 05:24:45 by honoka »

Offline infinii

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 06:33:07 »
Once seen it cannot be unseen. My dude, it looks like you have put the switches in the pcb, thrown the pcb down in the bottom of the case and then just slapped the plate on top.

The switches need to go through the plate and then into the pcb.

Whoa, really?? That's exactly what I did. Thanks, looks like I'll have a lot of desoldering to do this weekend.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2023, 06:36:10 by infinii »

Offline infinii

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 10:07:41 »
Thanks honoka! I had a spare plate so didn't wait to unsolder my mistake and was able to put everything together tonight.
299093-0299095-1299097-2

Offline honoka

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 10:09:03 »
Thanks honoka! I had a spare plate so didn't wait to unsolder my mistake and was able to put everything together tonight.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Nice! Glad it worked out