Author Topic: [IC] VenomBite / Cherry (Maybe SA)  (Read 4046 times)

Offline c0smo225

[IC] VenomBite / Cherry (Maybe SA)
« on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:43:56 »
This is my first time designing a keycap set. This was heavily inspired by the character Viper from Valorant. Stock font was used, may not be final.
286668-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:58:37 by c0smo225 »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Fraaaan

Re: [IC] Toxic / Cherry (Maybe SA)
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:44:48 »
haha yeah

Offline .jan

• keebsta
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:46:42 »
phenomenal

Offline rookb

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:48:49 »
yup

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
Re: [IC] VenomBite / Cherry (Maybe SA)
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:50:20 »
This is gauging interest very well.

Offline c0smo225

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:51:50 »
Sorry, this is my first time,
phenomenal

Is this meant in a positive way or a sarcastic way? Thanks

Offline of_sam

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 12:53:44 »
in for 2
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:01:57 »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline LegendsWorks

• thocc
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:03:08 »
in for all kits

Offline Pensa73

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:08:40 »
ima keep it real with you cosmo, this ain't it

Offline c0smo225

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:10:54 »
Thanks for being clear, but what is with the "in for #"?

Offline c0smo225

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:35:30 »
It would also be really useful to know why it is not it. What I can change to make it better, or if its so bad that there is nothing I can change to improve it, why it is so bad. Thanks.

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:42:50 »
It would also be really useful to know why it is not it. What I can change to make it better, or if its so bad that there is nothing I can change to improve it, why it is so bad. Thanks.

This is extremely underdeveloped. Please look at other keycap ICs and compare them to yours.

Offline c0smo225

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:52:26 »

This is extremely underdeveloped. Please look at other keycap ICs and compare them to yours.

I think I see your point. I think I may have confused feedback stage and IC stage. I'm new to forums like this, so do I lock this topic or delete it?

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 15:15:33 »

I think I see your point. I think I may have confused feedback stage and IC stage. I'm new to forums like this, so do I lock this topic or delete it?

As mentioned before, compare it to other ICs and see what's different. I would suggest you leave this as is, come back to the drawing board, get yourself the following, then come back, modify the post, and announce the overhaul:
Kitting, renders, colours (RAL, Pantone, etc), a backstory to the set or why it's a set worth looking at.
I'd like to let you know that Viper's abilities may be copyrighted by Riot Games, so this will not run well with some manufacturers.

For now, the feedback I have for the set is that, objectively, it may be severely restrictive to Viper mains and not very welcoming to non-Valorant players.
Subjectively, the stark green and black combo reminds me of Razer, and I think this would benefit from more muted greens that can complement the greens and other colours of custom keyboards.

Consider running your idea through a discord keyboard group. I won't name them specifically, but it's good to explore first.

Good luck with IC.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 15:23:53 by stellaidoscope »

Offline c0smo225

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 20:17:37 »

Thanks, this is really useful.

As mentioned before, compare it to other ICs and see what's different. I would suggest you leave this as is, come back to the drawing board, get yourself the following, then come back, modify the post, and announce the overhaul:
Kitting, renders, colours (RAL, Pantone, etc), a backstory to the set or why it's a set worth looking at.
I'd like to let you know that Viper's abilities may be copyrighted by Riot Games, so this will not run well with some manufacturers.

For now, the feedback I have for the set is that, objectively, it may be severely restrictive to Viper mains and not very welcoming to non-Valorant players.
Subjectively, the stark green and black combo reminds me of Razer, and I think this would benefit from more muted greens that can complement the greens and other colours of custom keyboards.

Consider running your idea through a discord keyboard group. I won't name them specifically, but it's good to explore first.

Good luck with IC.

Offline P103

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 00:15:29 »
Please join blacksimon discord, there are plenty of friendly and helpful keyset designer like yourself.

Offline c0smo225

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 00:22:13 »
Please join blacksimon discord, there are plenty of friendly and helpful keyset designer like yourself.

Thanks, will do.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 02:39:07 »
more info than just a picture lmao
all we get is a render on a keyboard, we dont even know what the basekit is

Offline Backspace2

• Third most used key on the keyboard is Backspace!
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 13:39:53 »
Hey, it's fine, we all make mistakes sometimes. With a little bit more browsing on keycaps and some help, you'll make a banger set in no time. I also second all the feedback that was given. Don't be discouraged!

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2022, 13:41:35 by Backspace2 »
Yes