Author Topic: Re: [GB] Gallant for the Planck - Billet High Profile Case - Order now!  (Read 4366 times)

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Hello,

I'm excited to share with you the Gallant Case for the Planck! This is the very first CNC machined case from Keys of Kings. The first of many.

Check out the video of the Gallant Case
---

The Gallant is a type of case styling now available for the Planck by OLKB. Weighing in at over 2lbs without PCB, switches, or keycaps. It is CNC machined out of billet aluminum proudly in Keys of Kings’ own metalworking shop in Minnesota, USA. These are not outsourced or made in China. These photos are not renderings.

Gallant styling features:
High Profiling (slightly recessed keycaps)
Thick and sturdy walls and bottom
Machined Finish
Definitive curvature of the left and right sides

This case also features:
Keys of Kings “K” logo engraving
Recessed bottom pocket containing an engraving of Keys of Kings, the engraved signature of King Icewind, and serial number stamping
Counterbored holes for Socket Head screws
Clear Anodized Billet Aluminum 6061 construction

---

For more photos and to order, please click here. Please consider giving this post a bump if you purchase a case.

Pricing: $199.99 + shipping

MOQ of orders to begin production: 10 units, limited to 50

Orders will be placed over the next two weeks (May 29th), where upon production will begin if MOQ is hit. After MOQ additional orders can be placed and will fall in line in production. Production and anodizing will occur over the next 4-6 weeks and will be shipped promptly.

---

FAQ

What is included?
Gallant Case for the Planck
6 x M2x8mm Socket Head Screws

What is NOT included?
Planck PCB
Planck Plate
Switches
Key Caps
USB C Cable

What revision of the Planck is compatible?
Revision 6

Do any other PCBs like the Planck fit?
I haven’t tried any. You will have to be the judge of that. Look at the spacing of the keys (in this case it’s 19.00mm). Are the mounting points, USB C connector and reset switch in the same spots? If so, then perhaps. Currently, this case does not officially support any other PCBs. Eventually I will release my own version.

If anyone does use a PCB other than the Planck and it fits, please let me know so I can make a list.

Is this a Group Buy? How long will I have to wait?
This is not a Group Buy, rather a pre-order since their production is not outsourced to another company. We want a specific count due to the fairly long machining time. The wait will be 4-6 weeks from the end of the pre-order period. This time frame is much shorter than ordering from a Group Buy.

Can I get a specific serial number?
Sorry, no.

Will these be available at a later time?
This depends on how well this first batch sells. At some point, I’d like to always have stock on hand, however, if you want this case; I wouldn’t wait for the future. I, also, have other keyboard projects I’d like to release.

---

Thank you for checking of this post and let me know if you have questions,
King Icewind
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 June 2021, 14:46:42 by King Icewind »

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Reserved.

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Here’s a video showcasing the Gallant case. OP updated too.

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
8 days left of the initial preorder.

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Getting close to MOQ, but not quite there. Less than a week left to order the case. If you haven't watched the video yet, please do. It gives some different angles, views, and scale not captured in my pictures.

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Happy late hump day!

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
A few days remain to get in! ETA is only a short month (roughly) after that.

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Last day to get in!

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
Didn't hit MOQ, but there's still opportunity to order as I start production. I likely won't make these again, so now is the time if you want one.

Offline kipawazi

Re: [GB] Gallant for the Planck - Billet High Profile Case - Order now!
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 16:59:31 »
Aaaaah I just saw this GB but I'm hesitant :( To be honest, the lack of anodization is... Special. Aaarf. I hope it will still be available tomorrow...

Offline King Icewind

• Keys of Kings
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 18:24:03 »
It is still available to order. :) Just to clarify: they will be anodized clear to retain their machined finish. They aren’t raw or anything.

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 13:28:21 »
Hmm sorry I think I will pass my turn. I love my Planck but this raw machined finish is special and I live in Europe so with shipping and import tax, it's a bit high but I hope there will be an another design for Planck/Preonic with colored anodization :p