geekhack Community > Keyboards

Why do my Cherry MX Blues bind so badly?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Nerif:
breaking news if someone's interested. the guy who was selling razer greens ignored me, but I managed to buy a Blackwidow 2016 with Greetech Razer Oranges. My God, they are so nice to type on. Going to use Razer Orange stems with Gateron KS-3 Black housings and springs.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Nerif on Sun, 08 January 2023, 06:03:08 ---
--- Quote from: Maledicted on Sat, 07 January 2023, 15:42:27 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 05 January 2023, 09:11:28 ---nerif, just checking you don't smoke do you ?

--- End quote ---

Are you thinking he's filled the housings up with that sticky smoker's slime that accumulates inside electronics?

--- End quote ---

Firstly, I've bought this keyboard second-hand
Secondly, I don't smoke at my PC.

--- End quote ---

it's kind of like cooking grease, unless you fully vent to the outside there's a cloud of black sticky stuff that gums up things like computer fans, and keyboards.

Nerif:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 26 January 2023, 15:20:13 ---
--- Quote from: Nerif on Sun, 08 January 2023, 06:03:08 ---
--- Quote from: Maledicted on Sat, 07 January 2023, 15:42:27 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 05 January 2023, 09:11:28 ---nerif, just checking you don't smoke do you ?

--- End quote ---

Are you thinking he's filled the housings up with that sticky smoker's slime that accumulates inside electronics?

--- End quote ---

Firstly, I've bought this keyboard second-hand
Secondly, I don't smoke at my PC.

--- End quote ---

it's kind of like cooking grease, unless you fully vent to the outside there's a cloud of black sticky stuff that gums up things like computer fans, and keyboards.

--- End quote ---

whatever, im going to replace the switches from cherry blues to some frankenswitches

Nerif:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sat, 07 January 2023, 23:21:08 ---
--- Quote from: Nerif on Sat, 07 January 2023, 13:48:20 ---actually*

--- End quote ---

Smoke can make keyboards bind, this happened alot back in the day. maybe vape too, but I'm not sure on that.

The reason this comes up is because mx blue has an internal double slider, it's extremely loose so for that to bind, there has to be some substance going into the cavity.  if it's not soda, it's smoke usually. similarly can happen with greasy stove evaporation if used near the kitchen.

--- End quote ---

i actually vape at my laptop, but it doesn't make such troubles as smoke can (ive dissassembled my laptop a while ago), same with keyboards, my daily driver (anne pro 2) has zero issues with this for half a year of daily usage

Leslieann:
Have you been using lubed switches and gone back to stock lubed blues?
That could play a part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version