geekhack Community > Keyboards

Why do my Cherry MX Blues bind so badly?

<< < (5/5)

Nerif:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Thu, 26 January 2023, 20:28:16 ---Have you been using lubed switches and gone back to stock lubed blues?
That could play a part.

--- End quote ---

These blues (as well as the entire keyboard) are completely stock

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: Nerif on Sun, 29 January 2023, 08:45:22 ---
--- Quote from: Leslieann on Thu, 26 January 2023, 20:28:16 ---Have you been using lubed switches and gone back to stock lubed blues?
That could play a part.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Yes,  but are your other boards stock?

Lubed switches have far less bind and friction in general and if you use lubed and go back to non-lubed it can make the non-lubed feel faulty. This is especially true if you went up in spring rates at the same time.

Nerif:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sun, 29 January 2023, 11:57:23 ---
--- Quote from: Nerif on Sun, 29 January 2023, 08:45:22 ---
That could play a part.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Yes,  but are your other boards stock?

Lubed switches have far less bind and friction in general and if you use lubed and go back to non-lubed it can make the non-lubed feel faulty. This is especially true if you went up in spring rates at the same time.

--- End quote ---

These blues don't feel bindy, they are actually binding. So if I press some faulty keys, for example, Control, It will get stuck for a second and then pop back up

Leslieann:
Even decent factory lube can have this issue, just it's so light most people don't notice which is why I questioned about using lubed before.

These however sound faulty, like they were improperly lubed.
Haven't heard of that being an issue with Cherry but I had it happen on Kailh.

While I hate to recommend it (it's semi safe on new boards but very bad on old ones), you can try cramming a bit of lube down around the stems. This should eliminate the bind.

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: Nerif on Wed, 28 December 2022, 14:40:04 ---To be honest, I'm planning to change Cherry MX Blues with... Razer Greens. I've seen some man selling PCB from Blackwidow 2019 with Razer Greens for a dirt cheap price, and I guess it will be a good alternative to Cherry MX Blues considering that I really like clickjacket-based clicky switches. I've heard that keychattering problem with Razer Greens is actually lies in the awful PCB of the Blackwidow keyboards. Also I want to buy some springs for them considering that they are awful in stock Razer Greens.

Yeah, I know that I'm a pervert...

--- End quote ---

good choice, razer greens are my preferred clicky, i think the clickbar in my current g pro is not enough click for me when i type, but maybe because i type heavy, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version