Author Topic: Scheduled Maintenance  (Read 4743 times)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Scheduled Maintenance
« on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 10:14:59 »
We are going down for a hardware upgrade in the next 20-30 minutes.  We expect to be back up within 4 hours after iMav and ashort swap the hardware and do the data transfer.

See you on the other side!
Russ

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: Scheduled Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 10:16:18 »
Guess we all have to watch tv instead. :-(

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 10:34:10 »
...or crowd the IRC.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Scheduled Maintenance
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 10:57:05 »
Nap time

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 18:38:55 »
We're back.  There are still some things being sorted out and DNS seems to be a little off for some folks, but it's coming around.
Russ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 22:05:20 »
New hardware - shiny :)

Faster?

More reliable?

Extra redundancy?

Hope it all went well :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 22:18:54 »
Yes, hopefully, and yes.  :)  iMav is still in the trench getting the rest of the services up.  GH was the first.  :)  There may be some glitches here and there as he tweaks things.
Russ

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 22:41:53 »
The site seems spotty only on my phone but other than that, all good here!
Looking for CC's!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 23:07:17 »
Not getting any notifications to email here...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 23:11:29 »
Not getting any notifications to email here...

Same here.  I signed up for notification of this thread just after I posted above, and there have been 3 posts since then and 0 notifications.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 23:16:43 »
iMav is bringing the email servers up now.
Russ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 27 December 2012, 23:56:42 »
Notification email (for this thread) now received, thanks :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 23:43:49 »
The site seems quite a bit faster, posts are now instantaneous as opposed to before where it took a few seconds! SWEET!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 05:06:38 »
I've had a few cases where I have posted a reply, and got an error back saying my IP address had posted in the last 10 seconds or something like that.  Haven't noticed it much before at all.  It hasn't happened all afternoon, so it may have been a once off.

And as SmallFry says, the site seems so much faster :)

Offline Sai

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:49:33 »
I've had a few cases where I have posted a reply, and got an error back saying my IP address had posted in the last 10 seconds or something like that.  Haven't noticed it much before at all.  It hasn't happened all afternoon, so it may have been a once off.

And as SmallFry says, the site seems so much faster :)

the 10 seconds error happened to me quite recently too. It made me wonder Am I that Fast or Am i just spamming ? :D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:52:00 »
That is an intentional setting, I'm curious if anyone can notice that it's happening when you know for a fact you are posting outside that 10 second window.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 23:17:57 »
I have seen this happen on many forums when using Chrome.  I don't know what the cause is, but the original post always goes through.  It happened to me on GH a lot too when we used vB.  I have not seen it since we switched to SMF.
Russ

Offline Sai

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 01:30:46 »
That is an intentional setting, I'm curious if anyone can notice that it's happening when you know for a fact you are posting outside that 10 second window.
if that is intentional, then it's not an issue.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2