Author Topic: Deep Space Key Caps Glare  (Read 2764 times)

Offline AwSmCreator

Deep Space Key Caps Glare
« on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 01:40:48 »
So I got my Deep Space key Caps today and they look great, but there is a bit of a glare that they give off. Anyone have any ideas on a way to fix this?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Deep Space Key Caps Glare
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 07:39:24 »
Try washing them with warm water and a little bit of soap. It might just be oils that are reflecting some light (or would it be refraction?).

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 06:01:35 »
Try washing them with warm water and a little bit of soap. It might just be oils that are reflecting some light (or would it be refraction?).

I wish that were the case but they are brand new. I got them on the board for the first time and they already had some glare going on. I think it is more to do with the set. The caps are dark and the legends are also dark. So there is probably no fixing it. It's alright though the set still looks pretty legit. I'll probably just put a shade leaf from ikea over my desk or something.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 14:19:55 »
what you are experiencing is not necessarily glare, but the contrast of the colors is not strong enough.

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 07:38:14 »
what you are experiencing is not necessarily glare, but the contrast of the colors is not strong enough.

Yeah I ended up getting the Otaku keycap set, no issues with that one obviously ^_^. Deep Space looks great in well lit natural light.