Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lux | LIVE!  (Read 65054 times)

Offline Ensaum

Re: [IC] GMK Lux
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 13:34:19 »
Errr.. That looks straight yellow in the renders. I was originally interested in Lux as a black and gold colorway, but this ain't it. It's grey and yellow :/
They are renders. Zambumon says it will be gold, so I'd wait for some colour samples before writing it off ;)

See Zambs above comments dismissing people for the color change because it's "his take on the design." It's not just because of the renders and he has literally said it's not black anymore because cr is too dark..

So, just to get it straight I can't make color changes to the set to fit more with what I'd want for it.

You can do whatever you want. This is your set now I guess. Just don't be surprised when people get upset that you completely changed the set they where originally interested in. This is a nice looking set, and if had called it anything besides "Lux" I don't think there would be as much backlash. However, as it is, everyone who was interested in a black and gold set are now being shoehorned into a gray and yellow set. Glwgb, but this is now longer GMK Lux imo.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 13:49:10 »
Errr.. That looks straight yellow in the renders. I was originally interested in Lux as a black and gold colorway, but this ain't it. It's grey and yellow :/
They are renders. Zambumon says it will be gold, so I'd wait for some colour samples before writing it off ;)

See Zambs above comments dismissing people for the color change because it's "his take on the design." It's not just because of the renders and he has literally said it's not black anymore because cr is too dark..

So, just to get it straight I can't make color changes to the set to fit more with what I'd want for it.

You can do whatever you want. This is your set now I guess. Just don't be surprised when people get upset that you completely changed the set they where originally interested in. This is a nice looking set, and if had called it anything besides "Lux" I don't think there would be as much backlash. However, as it is, everyone who was interested in a black and gold set are now being shoehorned into a gray and yellow set. Glwgb, but this is now longer GMK Lux imo.

Time to call RAL and tell them that the darkest color they have (RAL 000 15 00 - Ink black) isn't black.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:04:06 »
Time to call RAL and tell them that the darkest color they have (RAL 000 15 00 - Ink black) isn't black.

Actually, the darkest color RAL offers is RAL 9005 - Jet Black, which is actually darker than cr, lol. I fail to see how RAL has anything to do with Lux's color change, but nice red herring I guess.

Offline AaronR

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:04:14 »
Daily Clack for Australian/OCE Vendor thanks!
Same

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:42:14 »

Actually, the darkest color RAL offers is RAL 9005 - Jet Black, which is actually darker than cr, lol.

- That's RAL Classic, not RAL Design (000 15 00 is from the Design palette), which is the one GMK and I have been used RAL D8 for the last two years with excellent results, so I will stick to it.
- On your previous comment you said that the set is gray. I guess I will have to ask GMK if we can use Vanta Black, because otherwise it won't be real black.

However, as it is, everyone who was interested in a black and gold set are now being shoehorned into a gray and yellow set.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:50:22 »
Vantablack 2.0 please

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:52:27 »
That's RAL Classic, not RAL Design (000 15 00 is from the Design palette), which is the one GMK and I have been used RAL D8 for the last two years with excellent results, so I will stick to it.

You never specified it had to be from RAL Design in your original comment. It was never even stated that you picked this RAL in the op. You just said it's the darkest color they have which is still false.

On your previous comment you said that the set is gray. I guess I will have to ask GMK if we can use Vanta Black, because otherwise it won't be real black.

Nope, I would just prefer if it where a darker black like the cr originally shown. Also my main concern is still the gold color which now looks bright yellow.

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:56:26 by Ensaum »

Offline 002 DC

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:55:31 »
ne render with gmk honk avail??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 15:07:51 »
That's RAL Classic, not RAL Design (000 15 00 is from the Design palette), which is the one GMK and I have been used RAL D8 for the last two years with excellent results, so I will stick to it.

You never specified it had to be from RAL Design in your original comment. It was never even stated that you picked this RAL in the op. You just said it's the darkest color they have which is still false.

On your previous comment you said that the set is gray. I guess I will have to ask GMK if we can use Vanta Black, because otherwise it won't be real black.

Nope, I would just prefer if it where a darker black like the cr originally shown. Also my main concern is still the gold color which now looks bright yellow.

GMK uses RAL design colors to colormatch, so that's the best thing to look at when asking for colors

and something tells me you don't have a physical book of chips to look at, whereas i know for a fact zambu does
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline lemongrassii

• ig
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 15:11:39 »
Do you already have specific RAL colours in mind for this? Your post describes it as a take on "an elegant and luxurious black and gold GMK set" but right now it's just looking very yellow to me instead of golden, I feel like a more mustardy/desaturated/darkened yellow would suit the theme better.

KMAC HAPPY × DOLINGER 2017 × ORION V3 + LIGHTPAD V2 × 280 × IDB60 × LEAF60 × 8XV1.2OG × 8XV2.0ADD × GSKT-00 × TENGU × BIAS × RF87U × HHKBP2+HHKBPC+HHKBPH TYPE-S

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 15:12:50 »
GMK uses RAL design colors to colormatch, so that's the best thing to look at when asking for colors

Good to know. That was never specified.

and something tells me you don't have a physical book of chips to look at, whereas i know for a fact zambu does

Nope. All I have is a render with significantly different colors from the original set and Zumbumon saying he intentionally changed the design.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 15:27:04 »

Good to know. That was never specified.

Nope. All I have is a render with significantly different colors from the original set and Zumbumon saying he intentionally changed the design.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 17:17:04 »
So the black isn’t black but dark grey / not really black. Any idea if it’s comparable to epbt “black”? Since that’s called black but really isn’t that black.

And is it yellow? Gold? Comparable with Phantom yellow or Red Samurai gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Zambu; any chance you could answer this? Especially concerning the yellow. I'm considering buying the set to go on my J01 and have seen both Red Samurai accents on it (look really good) and Phantom yellow accents on it (looks ****).

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 18:25:18 »
So the black isn’t black but dark grey / not really black. Any idea if it’s comparable to epbt “black”? Since that’s called black but really isn’t that black.

@Zambu; any chance you could answer this? Especially concerning the yellow. I'm considering buying the set to go on my J01 and have seen both Red Samurai accents on it (look really good) and Phantom yellow accents on it (looks ****).

Probably 080 70 60

Offline keeb_elitist

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 20:15:53 »

OK, I wasn't commenting on the "black" (I actually personally prefer a lighter shade). The yellow looks pretty golden to me... Just compare this to PBT Hive (also to run soon, which is unfortunate).

The yellow looks significantly different though too. It was originally listed and rendered as Pantone 16-0836 TPX, which is a much darker gold than the bright yellow we have now.

Yeah the old gold color is way better, IMO.
This is just GMK Mustard

Offline megaforce

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 20:48:12 »
ne hiragana avail
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 21:31:55 »

Probably 080 70 60
Not actually a bad looking color from what I can see on a computer. I've always been a fan of 'Harvest Gold' (and really nonmetallic gold in general).

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 21:37:57 »

OK, I wasn't commenting on the "black" (I actually personally prefer a lighter shade). The yellow looks pretty golden to me... Just compare this to PBT Hive (also to run soon, which is unfortunate).

The yellow looks significantly different though too. It was originally listed and rendered as Pantone 16-0836 TPX, which is a much darker gold than the bright yellow we have now.

Yeah the old gold color is way better, IMO.
This is just GMK Mustard

Actually RAL 080 70 60 is a bit less yellow a bit less yellow than his renders seem to suggest. And Ink Black is indeed a very dark black (both images with a CR cap for reference).
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2019, 21:42:41 by slxdegrees »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 05:35:47 »

Offline kaisn

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 17:35:30 »
Mhhh maybe if I can use it on my kn10 e-yellow

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 23:01:08 »
if people are saying the renders are inaccurate I wonder how the color actually looks - I got a polaris in e-yellow and am looking for a set for that
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline thornkin

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 23:23:53 »
Any chance of some vim keys?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 02:44:12 »

No. The idea is to keep it as simple as possible. If I were to add anything it would be a red accents kit.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:35:35 »
Are you planning on getting samples before the GB launch?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:36:35 »

No. The idea is to keep it as simple as possible. If I were to add anything it would be a red accents kit.
Make it happen cap'n~  :-*

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 13:09:32 »
We'll see. I'll think about it but I'd rather keep things simple and easy.

Offline azulyf

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 00:13:00 »
Is it possible to add another 1.25 key? Meta, Code, blank whatever

Offline InsaneArma35

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 02:44:40 »
Please I need this!!!!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 02:51:11 »
Is it possible to add another 1.25 key? Meta, Code, blank whatever

Unlikely.

Offline SeamansBeard

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:46:59 »
International kit would be great!
Yes I saw the no norde etc. I just think its sad that you now are excluding some markets from your wonderful sets and even advising other GB runners to do so as well (Oliva++).

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:51:39 »
Yes I saw the no norde etc. I just think its sad that you now are excluding some markets from your wonderful sets and even advising other GB runners to do so as well (Oliva++).

No plan to offer one.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:31:05 »
Meanwhile, people running KAT ICs are like "you want an R2 plumbus key? Yeah, we can make that happen."

Ortho. Always.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:49:01 »
Meanwhile, people running KAT ICs are like "you want an R2 plumbus key? Yeah, we can make that happen."

KATs a different ball game, you have super low MOQs since it's all dye subbed. Super easy to get whatever you want made. You want R2 Plumbus, I'll give you it for 5 schmekels

Offline psxndc

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:05:33 »

KATs a different ball game, you have super low MOQs since it's all dye subbed. Super easy to get whatever you want made. You want R2 Plumbus, I'll give you it for 5 schmekels

I mean, I didn't originally, but now that you're offering, and it's *only* 5 schmekels, I kinda feel like I need an R2 plumbus key.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:45:56 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:21:49 »

I mean, I didn't originally, but now that you're offering, and it's *only* 5 schmekels, I kinda feel like I need an R2 plumbus key.

Oh dang. I didn't know KAT was dye subbed. TIL. So what profiles are doubleshot PBT? Or I guess the better question might be, which companies make doubleshot PBT keycaps?

Kinda off topic, but I'm curious now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 16:02:30 by d00deitsnik »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:26:31 »

Oh dang. I didn't know KAT was dye subbed. TIL. So what profiles are doubleshot PBT? Or I guess the better question might be, which companies make doubleshot PBT keycaps?

[/quote]no one makes pbt doubleshots now except Tai hao, but I think in 2020 infinikey will be able to

Offline psxndc

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:46:55 »
Apologies all for not deleting a close-quote tag there and mucking up everybody else's quoting. If you delete the first close-quote (it's empty) in your post, that should fix it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:48:26 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 16:08:40 »
Apologies all for not deleting a close-quote tag there and mucking up everybody else's quoting. If you delete the first close-quote (it's empty) in your post, that should fix it.
Thanks for catching that. I fixed it in my post. (:

no one makes pbt doubleshots now except Tai hao, but I think in 2020 infinikey will be able to
Ah. Here's to hoping for 2020 infinikey x doubleshot pbt.

Back on topic.. How far off are the orange from honk and the yellow in Lux?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 16:10:34 »

Far enough that it's jarring.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:13:34 »
Thanks for catching that. I fixed it in my post. (:

no one makes pbt doubleshots now except Tai hao, but I think in 2020 infinikey will be able to
Ah. Here's to hoping for 2020 infinikey x doubleshot pbt.

Leopold does high quality PBT doubleshots, and were positive when I reached out to them to do something. I didn't dig much further considering the molds they currently have and the MoQ - but there are more players out there.
AFAIK it's not uncommon for korean enthusiasts to use leopold caps on their kustoms.

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:59:08 »
I think the colour in renders is ok, kind of goldish-yellow is acceptable (though it is simillar to hive).

Is there any chance that put the 6.25 space bar into the core?
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 18:12:12 by chris_1865 »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 18:36:21 »
I think the colour in renders is ok, kind of goldish-yellow is acceptable (though it is simillar to hive).

Core kit has 6.25U and 7.00U space bars.

Accent space bars and 6.00U space bars are on the space bar kit.

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 00:45:24 »

Sorry my typo. What I mean is the yellow(gold?) 6.25 space bar.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 00:47:18 by chris_1865 »

Offline iammeuru

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 00:58:13 »
Man, I usually can't stand yellows... Serika is one of my least favorite sets ever, for instance... I know it was your creation as well... This set is wonderful. IMO very complementary colors, simple kit designs with massive base kit compatibility... basically this kit is everything I want it to be, and with simple two color aesthetics, which really make me happy. Count me in for a set.

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 01:22:51 »
Are there any plans to release the lux in other profiles like the KAT or MT3??

Love the colors hence the curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 04:09:00 »

We haven't even run GMK Lux...

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 04:09:40 »

We haven't even run GMK Lux...
My apologies my curiosity got the best of me

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 04:09:49 »

Sorry my typo. What I mean is the yellow(gold?) 6.25 space bar.

No. Those are going to stay with the space bar kit.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 19:52:22 »
You son of a *****, I'm in.

Offline nickaster1

[IC] GMK Lux
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 21:28:45 »
Community set like the old times?

*like the “good-old days”?
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 December 2019, 21:30:21 by nickaster1 »