Author Topic: Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB is live!  (Read 123015 times)

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB is live!
« on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:13:58 »
Hello Geekhack!
I would like to introduce everyone to my first keycap set GMK Demon Sword

About

This set came to me as an idea playing on of my mobile games Azur Lane. The game is an anime based game with ships as anime characters fighting against an foreign / alien type of ships called sirens. One of my favorite characters in the game was Ayanami. The character is been known as the "Demon God" in the game and referenced as such in her own quote lines. The color scheme and novelties is based off the character to give notice White, Navy, and Red look using RAL. You can find images and references below and hope everyone enjoys the set!
Reference
Kits

Base (Final)

Oath Set (Final)

Novelties (Final)

Hull - Spacebar (Final)

40mm Cannon (40s Kit) HAS BEEN CUT DUE TO LOW NUMBERS!(Final)
Renders
BOCC (By Senryo render by Kingk22)

Oath Set Renders

TX66 (By TXKeyboards render by Kingk22)

Sat75 by UPAS Render by ABEC

RAMA Koyu (Hidden cause out of date but shows the red with  blue)
More

Deskmats!

Please let me know in the IC which ones you would like to see make production!

Vendor

US: TXKeyboards
EU: Mykeyboard EU
Oceania: DailyClack
Asia: iLumkb
Canada: Deskhero

Groupbuy

Confirmed Date: October 1st 2020

MOQ

Kit      MOQ Required
Base      250
Oath Kit      100
Hull Kit      100
Novelties Kit      100
40mm Cannon      100
RAMA      50

Pricing
TXKeyboards

Kit      Price
Base     134.99 USD
Oath Kit     74.99 USD
Hull Kit     34.99 USD
Novelties Kit     44.99 USD
40mm Cannon     44.99 USD
RAMA     56 USD
MyKeyboard EU

Kit      Price
Base     145
Oath Kit     75
Hull Kit     44
Novelties Kit     49
40mm Cannon     50
RAMA     48
Daily Clack*
Price Subject to Change due to COVID-19

Kit      Price
Base     210 AUD
Oath Kit     105 AUD
Hull Kit     47 AUD
Novelties Kit     70AUD
40mm Cannon     70 AUD
RAMA     79 AUD

ILumkb

Kit      Price
Base     195 SGD
Oath Kit     105 SGD
Hull Kit     53 SGD
Novelties Kit     68 SGD
40mm Cannon     68 SGD
RAMA     84 SGD

Deskhero

Kit      Price
Base      185 CAD
Oath Kit      96 CAD
Hull Kit      48 CAD
Novelties Kit      62 CAD
40mm Cannon      62 CAD
RAMA      77 CAD

Signature
If want to support the set please add this to your forum signature!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104194.0][img height=120]https://i.imgur.com/n2lqLtZ.png[/img][/url]

Thank you to Traveler for this sig!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104194.0][img height=120]https://i.imgur.com/PGQy6q0.png[/img][/url]
The Blue Conspiracy
Please find under "more" the comparison of blues
More
Demon Sword

Rudy

Side by Side

Thanks

I want to give a big thank you to so many people on this for being my first cap set.
Xer for helping my flush out the design and fixing so many mistakes I had made on KLE, RAL and other stances
Seksi and Rensuya for answering all my start up questions when I was first designing on KLE and going forward with the set
Kingk22 for the Amazing renders!
OneCreateiveMind (OCM) for the novelties and the Deskmats!

Updates
8/2/2020 (Ready to dissembark)
GB Date Announced - October 2020
Kits Finalized
Announced Kit pricing!
More
4/11/2020 (Checking the manifest)
Vendor change to TXKeyboards and Proxies added
Finalized most of the Kits
Finalized Deskmats
Added Cable Collab with Zeuscables!
Added RAMA Collab
3/9/2020 (40mm Cannon Ready)
Updated Oathset to V3 (Red F Row Added)
Added 40s Kit Support!
Updated Novelties to V3
Added Vendor Section
Added Discord Link
Added Forum Signature
1/27/2020 (Preparing for the Voyage)
Updated Base kit to V3
Updated Oathset to V2
Updated Novelties to V3
Added Deskmats to the IC (Done by OCM)
Added Oath Set renders on boards
Added Compare photos to Rudy (will add more)
1/14/2020 (Ok Boomer Update)
Added Fixed ISO Support
Added Hiragana as the base kit
Per request in IC added an Oath Themed Set
Added Red Key with White Accent for Mods and Novelties
Had Kingk22 create up to date renders
Added 4x new Novelties
Pretty sure fixed the base kit rows
Updated Remaining Steps List
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:58:01 by Raravin »

Offline singabore

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:19:54 »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:23:33 »
Couple quick comments, one subjective and one objective:

S: the colourway is fine, but I don't think the dark blue legends on mildly dark red keycaps look good. I'd do white on red instead (but WDIKAA).

O: You add ISO support in the base kit... but it's incomplete. Enter and short left Shift are present (good), but two alphas are needed as well, one in R3 and one in R4. The image for the base kit, as it stands now, DOES have a couple keys (\| and #~) that could fit the bill, but they're in R1 and are no good (GMK profile isn't flat). Compatibility is pretty good otherwise.

EDIT: I'd also move the 1.75U Shift key from the Hiraganas kit to the base kit.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:24:20 »
Looking good, my dude! Personally I'd consider using the white for legends on the red accent, as the contrast isn't that great with blue. That said, the blue still works if you prefer it.  ;)

Offline Raravin

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:25:14 »
Couple quick comments, one subjective and one objective:

S: the colourway is fine, but I don't think the dark blue legends on mildly dark red keycaps look good. I'd do white on red instead (but WDIKAA).

O: You add ISO support in the base kit... but it's incomplete. Enter and short left Shift are present (good), but two alphas are needed as well, one in R3 and one in R4. The image for the base kit, as it stands now, DOES have a couple keys (\| and #~) that could fit the bill, but they're in R1 and are no good (GMK profile isn't flat). Compatibility is pretty good otherwise.

Hey thank you I noticed that about the ISO afterwards will do some cleanining up on row wise. Some of it was just some OCD for cleaner shots for renders. But will 100% make sure to get this fix if makes it to production!

Offline vitamilk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:29:28 »
Going to echo what others have already mentioned: I enjoy this colorway but would much prefer white on red instead of the navy on red for the accents!

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:27:20 »
This is pretty darn close to Royal Navy. White on red accents would make it a perfect copy. Might want to run it by MechSupply before going too far.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:55:11 »
This is pretty darn close to Royal Navy. White on red accents would make it a perfect copy. Might want to run it by MechSupply before going too far.

Holy crap it does look like each other but the colors aren't 1:1 but the idea is the same. I don't really know if something like a copyright exists with GMK sets but i bet some people in the community will go ape because of these things. Looks like a good set though.

« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:58:12 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Raravin

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:57:40 »

Never even heard of it till mentioned. The set for me just has inspiration from a character and not from the set mentioned and clearly defined.

Offline KingKhan57

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:25:21 »
Didn’t Rudy just run or something?

Offline megaforce

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:28:57 »
i love boats

down arrow caps lock is god awful
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:42:53 »
Feels like GMK USA KKona to me LUL

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 14:09:43 »
Didn’t Rudy just run or something?
My exact thoughts

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 19:31:57 »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 22:57:58 »
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 00:57:19 »
This is vair nice, and I like the blue on red accents a lot. Would prefer shift/caps icons to be center aligned tho for uniformity.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:21:30 »
This is vair nice, and I like the blue on red accents a lot. Would prefer shift/caps icons to be center aligned tho for uniformity.

Thank you, and let me look into adjusting that as well. I have been getting mix feeling of the blue on red accents but might be able to work something out for everyone to enjoy :D

Offline Tyson

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:40:49 »

Thank you, and let me look into adjusting that as well. I have been getting mix feeling of the blue on red accents but might be able to work something out for everyone to enjoy :D

I agree with Lake, center aligned icon legends just look normal to me now after seeing them on so many sets.

Offline kenkaneki

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:19:07 »
This on primus board would be a deadly combo.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:26:53 »
I mean:

• Royal Navy colorway → DSA and SA Royal Navy, not to mention the Taihao clone in Cherry.
• Royal Navy colorway → Ayanami → GMK Demon Sword.

It's... the same thing.
But hey, GMK Royal Navy crapped out of MOQ almost exactly a year ago,
So let's see how this one goes.

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:29:31 by nguyenhimself »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 13:00:32 »
this is far too close to Rudy here. You're gonna be stepping on each other's toes, regardless of how soon into the future you plan on running this.

My advice is to change up the colorway, and relaunch the IC, revamped. in fact, if you want to keep it original to the name (demons sword), use the colors on the sword. the red white and grey combo looks pretty sweet.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 13:04:05 »
this is far too close to Rudy here. You're gonna be stepping on each other's toes, regardless of how soon into the future you plan on running this.

My advice is to change up the colorway, and relaunch the IC, revamped. in fact, if you want to keep it original to the name (demons sword), use the colors on the sword. the red white and grey combo looks pretty sweet.

Thank you for the information in regards to Rudy it is something been discussed and will not be changed as it is true to the characters main colors. We will be looking at all other options.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 13:43:56 »

I think the current colorway is fine for the set, it's true to the character, my suggestion would be to just make the base alphas Hiragana sublegend, allowing the set to stay true to it's Country of Origin and to not "step on GMK Rudy's toes" I think just removing the latin alphas would be enough. Just look at GMK Metaverse, it's essentially a WS1 GMK Monochrome duplicate, the only difference is the novelties and the alphas.

Offline HouseOfKeebs

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 14:16:33 »
The colors are nice, but you may be competing with another recent GMK set. Nobody owns a color scheme, but competition and fatigue in the market will exist
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 14:22:13 by HouseOfKeebs »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:23:48 »

This is not Rudy.

Rudy is based off some boomer ass football movie and doesn't have red, let along hirgana subs.

DM mods to change your handle to liigma instead of eniigma
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:27:14 by megaforce »
More

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:30:42 »

This is not Rudy.

Rudy is based off some boomer ass football movie and doesn't have red, let along hirgana subs.

wtfboom :(

Offline zekth

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:42:28 »

This is not Rudy.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:53:32 »
I mean:

• Royal Navy colorway → DSA and SA Royal Navy, not to mention the Taihao clone in Cherry.
• Royal Navy colorway → Ayanami → GMK Demon Sword.

It's... the same thing.
But hey, GMK Royal Navy crapped out of MOQ almost exactly a year ago,
So let's see how this one goes.

Show Image

i bought into it, was sad it didnt get made :(

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:20:54 »
Why is the 1.75u shift not in the base kit? Means no split right shift affecting compatibility with HHKB/65%/75%/1800 layouts

Offline HouseOfKeebs

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:45:43 »

This is not Rudy.

The guy said "Boomer", everyone remember to laugh

Offline Raravin

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:47:48 »
Why is the 1.75u shift not in the base kit? Means no split right shift affecting compatibility with HHKB/65%/75%/1800 layouts

This will be addressed I fixed it on KLE mid render and forgot to double check for it. sorry about the confusion!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 18:57:09 »
Ayanami is cute.

This set is also cute.

Sirens who claim this is a threat to GMK Rudy can go sink in the mirror sea for all I care.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:14:46 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:12:25 »
Ayanami is cute.

This set is also cute.

Boomers who claim this is a threat to GMK Rudy can go sink in the mirror sea for all I care.

Bro better be careful or else the boomers in the gmk rudy/warren (aka donutcat II)  server might brigade gmk darling gb thread kekw

Back to thread topic -- the hiragana subs should be in the base kit; they're one of the defining aspects of gmk ayanami.

Also for those red accent keys -- love the idea, but that blue on red will end up looking like violet tendencies mods. Stick with white legends on red base for those and you'll be gucci.
More

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:16:59 »
Ayanami is cute.

This set is also cute.

Boomers who claim this is a threat to GMK Rudy can go sink in the mirror sea for all I care.

Bro better be careful or else the boomers in the gmk rudy/warren (aka donutcat II)  server might brigade gmk darling gb thread kekw

Back to thread topic -- the hiragana subs should be in the base kit; they're one of the defining aspects of gmk ayanami.

Ah yea true. I've since changed the phrasing a bit to "Sirens" since they also tend to be treacherous.

Also yes, +1 for subs in the base kit

Offline Raravin

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 07:20:18 »
Will reply here we have some updates coming already to fix some of the issues that have arisen.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 08:26:05 »
I'm definitely going to watch this closely. I've been wanting an ocean-themed GMK set with Hiragana alphas; previously I was thinking about buying two or three different GMK kits and mashing them together. But although it's not exactly ocean-themed, this one Demon Sword kit might be enough to satisfy my needs if it goes to GB.

Some novelty suggestions: a keycap with a side-profile silhouette of the irl Ayanami destroyer would look really cool. I'm not sure how easy or difficult that would be to produce.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 14:17:36 »
I like the blue on red, but I would prefer hiragana alpha instead of alphas with hiragana sublegends.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:44:08 by d00deitsnik »

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/14/20 Render and Kit Update)
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:40:28 »
Created update

Added Fixed ISO Support
    Added 4x new Novelties

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:48:16 »
Created update

Added Fixed ISO Support
    Added 4x new Novelties

Oath Set looks pretty spiffy. It looks like it's missing the 1u pipe/backslash tho.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 18:18:45 »
F5-f8 seems forgotten about.

Also double accents is a waste of keys. I'd remove blue on red personally.
Not interested in the set, so do what you want, just offering feedback. :)

Offline Raravin

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 07:08:03 »
F5-f8 seems forgotten about.

Also double accents is a waste of keys. I'd remove blue on red personally.
Not interested in the set, so do what you want, just offering feedback. :)

Oops that looks like was just a mishap on the render from old build. Will be fixed in final thank you!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:35:43 »
Looking good champ
More

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:41:41 »
Nice base  ;)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:44:53 »
That's a aircraft carrier-sized base kit. Dunno if I really would like to pay for two sets of accent keys, unless I'm missing something.

Offline ryu23

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:49:19 »
LOVE THIS!!! Sign me up

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:50:10 »
What's with the R2 2u backspace? Is it for some weird ortho layout or something?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:51:33 »
That's a aircraft carrier-sized base kit. Dunno if I really would like to pay for two sets of accent keys, unless I'm missing something.

Right now it is a mix of ideas / feedbacks I am still split on the blue on red and white on red.

What's with the R2 2u backspace? Is it for some weird ortho layout or something?

Just a spacing by the looks will fix on future renders for final.

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:04:34 »

Thank you for the information in regards to Rudy it is something been discussed and will not be changed as it is true to the characters main colors. We will be looking at all other options.

lol

Offline megaforce

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:14:52 »

lol

lmao

https://old.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/enq5ku/ic_gmk_demon_sword/feengja/

Keep the warren brigade coming; we love a good laughing stock in the various MK discords  c:

mjPopcorn.gif
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:21:21 by megaforce »
More

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:15:19 »
Oh good, we were going far too long without another "these colors belong to me" discussion!