Author Topic: POKER II firmware upgrade  (Read 68454 times)

Offline MrFex

Re: POKER II firmware upgrade
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 06:25:42 »
This is slightly off topic but I hope you can point me into the right direction.
Are there any firmware's for the Race II keyboard?

All I really want is a keyboard with that layout that has F11 and F12 :)
Good jobs on the poker2 firmware, don't own one but surely waitin for the Pok3r

Offline rmw2013

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 14:22:47 »
Has anyone heard of modding the firmware to get all the LEDs to light up at once? I hate how the win key doesnt always stay lit

Offline As-21

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 06:52:45 »
Is there a way to backup my current firmware before flashing the nkro firmware ?

Why there isn't a page or google drive or some place for all firmwares ? the original firmware is now newer then those in this link.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 08:04:14 »
Vortex Support just sucks, I've pm'ed JC and he reply through facebook asking if I wanted the NRKO fw.... after that he never replied again (almost 3 weeks ago)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline mrtncrls

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 14:13:08 »
FYI.  I just did the above NKRO firmware update and this fixed the Mac OS X wake from sleep problem. Very happy.

I actually ran the update utility from within a VirtualBox Windows VM with no problems. Just had to do the extra step of selecting the USB devices from the VM menu.
So I have a Windows 8 VM, and I am able to open the program, select the update - however my Poker II doesnt show up under devices. What did you do to get it to show up? Ive tried looking for it under the VM menu like you said, but no luck.

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 11:07:34 »
Here is the USB pass-through option using a Windows VM in VirtualBox.

Offline HapticBovinator

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 18:55:03 »

Edit: the first firmware file mentioned below may be found here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64916.0

Hai guys,

Well wouldn't you know it, but I have flashed the ...5.bin firmware mentioned above, and I have logged into GH and I am typing this post on the keyboard I just flashed...

<drumroll>

...from VirtualBox. That's right, it seems everything is fine and dandy in here.  :thumb:

On my HOST system (OS X) however, it's a different story. I am only able to squeeze out 2, maybe 5, keypresses before the keyboard becomes unresponsive.  :eek:

I'm not sure what's going on, because it's even after I quit VirtualBox, but I may have to uncheck the filters or whatever just to make sure.

Has anyone else had problems using this firmware on OS X or Linux?

BTW, the included instructions for USB pass-through almost worked for me, but I found the firmware tool was stalling. What happens is that it puts the Poker 2 first into an ISP programming mode, and waits for it to show up as that device.

_Then_ the Poker 2 comes back up with a different device identifier. The problem for USB pass-through is that the filters are per device identifier. So if you have already had your Poker 2 show up before clicking "Download," after clicking do the same thing for the new device that shows up. Then the programming tool should recognize the keyboard again and continue the process.

Cheers
HB
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 May 2015, 23:02:52 by HapticBovinator »

Offline HapticBovinator

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 23:04:24 »
I couldn't get my keyboard to act like one, so I broke down and tried the nkro firmware. No issues on is x now.

Offline bhtale

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 03:01:18 »
Hi POKERs,

We released two firmware versions of POKER II. You can upgrade any one of these.

Please download attached file.

Please read "ikbc-USB update instructions for use" carefully, to avoid unnecessary errors resulting in keyboard failure.

These update will add the following functions:

1. Support NKRO in USB mode
This may not enter bios in rare cases, if you encounter such a situation, please re-back it to original firmware [any 6 keys roll over]

2. Improving right CTRL programming.

3. Solving some compatibility problems.

4. Still support NKRO firmware at 1ms in USB mode.

5. F, G, H of Fn layer (time delay) programming.
You can set up " FN + F = → "in toggle layer mode

Please note that, during the update process, please keep your computer in working. If the computer power failure occurs in update process, then you need to be returned your keyboard to our distributors. They will fixes your keyboard (Repair costs and freight charges is needed)

If you have any questions, please contact the original place of purchase.

Enjoy this upgrade :thumb:

https://www.facebook.com/Vortexgear

Dear all, I have upgraded my Poker PKX-6100 as instructed by Vortex. I have upgraded through a laptop and everything has gone smooth and successfully. The firmware update software even showed Update Successfully. But then my Poker II was bricked just like this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1px6qv/help_bricked_my_poker_ii/

Now when I plug in my keyboard, I can still see the first capslock LED but then everything goes dark, no response from my keyboard, and upon plugging in, laptop shows that USB NOT RECOGNIZED. I have plugged in 2 laptops with all ports with all the same result.

Now is there anything I can do? Is my device already bricked?

Thanks a bunch.

Offline iiipik

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 12:12:48 »
Hi POKERs,

We released two firmware versions of POKER II. You can upgrade any one of these.

Please download attached file.

Please read "ikbc-USB update instructions for use" carefully, to avoid unnecessary errors resulting in keyboard failure.

These update will add the following functions:

1. Support NKRO in USB mode
This may not enter bios in rare cases, if you encounter such a situation, please re-back it to original firmware [any 6 keys roll over]

2. Improving right CTRL programming.

3. Solving some compatibility problems.

4. Still support NKRO firmware at 1ms in USB mode.

5. F, G, H of Fn layer (time delay) programming.
You can set up " FN + F = → "in toggle layer mode

Please note that, during the update process, please keep your computer in working. If the computer power failure occurs in update process, then you need to be returned your keyboard to our distributors. They will fixes your keyboard (Repair costs and freight charges is needed)

If you have any questions, please contact the original place of purchase.

Enjoy this upgrade :thumb:

https://www.facebook.com/Vortexgear

Dear all, I have upgraded my Poker PKX-6100 as instructed by Vortex. I have upgraded through a laptop and everything has gone smooth and successfully. The firmware update software even showed Update Successfully. But then my Poker II was bricked just like this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1px6qv/help_bricked_my_poker_ii/

Now when I plug in my keyboard, I can still see the first capslock LED but then everything goes dark, no response from my keyboard, and upon plugging in, laptop shows that USB NOT RECOGNIZED. I have plugged in 2 laptops with all ports with all the same result.

Now is there anything I can do? Is my device already bricked?

Thanks a bunch.

Same here. Any chance to fix this problem ?

Thanks alot T__T