geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Car Thread

<< < (615/621) > >>

yui:
you are living in a crazy place :)

Sniping:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Tue, 04 January 2022, 14:34:06 ---Well I guess my dream of vehicle ownership coming true this year is dead. Thanks economy!
All I ever wanted since I was like 4 was a car, and now I'm almost 40 and still don't own one. My life truly is one big joke.

--- End quote ---

If you keep some money saved and there's a downturn, there will be cars coming up for sale at good prices. You'll get a car for sure, don't give up the idea so easily. There's like a bajillion cars out there, and there are still deals out there in the sea of overpriced turds even today

jennyluce:
I am in love with 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

jennyluce:
i just saw the movie "ford vs Ferrari" that's really awesome movie for car lover's.

smarmar:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sun, 02 January 2022, 22:32:40 ---Rode in a Tesla Model S the other day, what the actual **** is that acceleration? What the hell! You can barely even tell before you are hitting 70 in a parking lot cause the thing glides silently like a 4700lb steel pterodactyl. If anything, I feel exponentially LESS safe as a pedestrian knowing firsthand what these things are capable of.

--- End quote ---
I haven't ridden in/driven one but there are a lot hanging around where I live. I peaked into one and it gave me the cold sweats. I would absolutely loathe the computerized interface, being a manual-trans owner and lover of buttons, knobs and switches. I'll hear one going in reverse in my parking lot and the thing sounds like a Jetsons mobile! "rrrreeeeEEEEEEEEEEE!" Your safety concerns are warranted because you can barely hear a battery-powered car running, basically just the tires crunching on asphalt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version