geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC]Espectro - 96 - $290CAD - GROUP BUY LIVE!

(1/16) > >>

JMD:
HEY EVERYONE! GROUP BUY IS LIVE - THOUGHT I'D UPDATE YOU ALL.
https://mechkeys.ca/products/espectro?variant=3309440565272

Please check the link for all pertinent group buy information =) Thanks.

Hey everyone! I'm back with another keyboard!

Meet Espectro.

It's a 96 Key, with a one of a kind unique design modelled by none other than myself, and mr. Koob. We have collaborated on this design to bring a brand new and unique perspective, as well as experience for those out there who wish to have a compact 96 :)

Let me preface this by saying this keyboard was designed with purpose. 

1) I designed the front to have a swooping chin/curve. I want this keyboard to invite you into it, to bring your eyes in and onto your keyset, your artisans. I wanted the back and sides to have a gradual flow from soft to hard. The angles at the back provide an elegant aggressiveness that compliments the supple curve at the front.

2) I love rgb. I however, do not love seeing a thick acrylic layer between the metal of the case. Nor do I like to see that when the keyboard rgb has been powered off. The reason this is designed with the poly carbonate base, is to have RGB be an accessory. Not the full feature of the board. When the rgb on this is turned off, you will not be able to directly tell that it does in fact have RGB. I catered to two crowds with this design. Those who love rgb, and those who hate it.

3) Not only does the curve at the front provide the user with elegant styling not seen before, it also gives your thumbs somewhere nice and smooth to rest. As I type this on my FC980C, my left non-dominant thumb is resting on a sharp, hard edge. It's uncomfortable, I can't wait to be resting it on an Espectro Prototype.

The quick and dirty details  :p

* 5 Degree Angle
* Aluminum & Polycarbonate Construction. CNC Milled
* Top Mount Plate
* QMK Powered
* Poly Carbonate Base
* Much RGB
* Available in a multitude of colors
* Possibility of Aluminum/Brass/SS Plates

A price point at or lower than 250 USD for a complete kit. I'm keeping the price point on this premium custom one of a kind 96 kit as low as I can, to provide you the consumer, with as much value as possible. The price point at 250USD is not the final price - I still have to make account of the packaging and other items that will be included with this kit - and should they fall under budget, we will see a group buy price under 250USD. I really hope this is fair for you all.
A complete kit entails

* Case
* PCB
* Hardware
* An extra surprise TBA
Prototype has been ordered, completed and is now shipping to me. Here are some initial photos from my QC agent before he wrapped it up and sent it on it's merry way.

Initial Render created by /Koob

Now the actual product, in purple. (This is the production purple).

Thank you all so much for taking a peek at Espectro! And thank you Koobaczech for all the hours you've spent with me on this project. <3

Once prototype has been received, tested, built, reviewed and enjoyed the GB will launch after an official announcement.

To keep in touch with this project, please use the following resources.

Discord: https://discord.gg/65SRvkQ
Website: https://mechkeys.ca/collections/group-buys/products/espectro

-Dave

January 15 Update:

Alright guys. The moment everyone has been waiting for. Prototype landed - here it is.

Only thing left to do now is to get confirmation from Cerakote gig here in town the prices they want to charge you all for custom colors!

January 26th Update:

Price is $225 USD / $280CAD
Kit Contents still the same
Cerakote will no longer be considered an option. Local cerakoter was unable to work with me on providing samples of their work before committing to using their services.
Release date for groupbuy is Valentines Day.
I will update more as I go along =)

Koobaczech:
Was so wonderful working on this with you Dave. It looks incredible, and to anyone reading this, we both put a lot of love and thought into the design. Tight bezels, perfect heights, elegant curves, rear engravings, low price, custom pcb with indicator lights, etc. Hope it turns out great, and any issue with the prototype me and Dave will fix right up for you all!

Other things that might have been missed are
-switch top removal support
-split lshift and rshift and backspace
-iso enter
-usb mini

cdn-mini:
I appreciate that its 96 but nothing really special.
Seems like it will be on the light side wrt weight, especially with the polycarbonate bottom.
How about a stainless steel or brass body? that would make it special.

ewwgin:
When I saw the Espectro for the first time awhile back, I immediately knew that I am going to buy one. Beautiful design, great price. I can’t wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeTheTiger:
Way to go Dave!!  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version