Author Topic: [IC] DCS Alps-mount WoB keycaps (taken over, new link in OP)  (Read 64128 times)

Offline siggie0815

Re: [IC] DCS Alps-mount WoB keycaps
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 08:29:24 »
Hey, I'll be a late joiner as well (glad that you're busy with other stuff)  ;)

I'll be definitely in for a Base and ISO Kit, given there is shipping to Europe.

Thanks for your effort, I'm looking forward this.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 00:24:10 »
Hey, I'll be a late joiner as well (glad that you're busy with other stuff)  ;)

I'll be definitely in for a Base and ISO Kit, given there is shipping to Europe.

Thanks for your effort, I'm looking forward this.

I will def work with a European proxy for this!

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 00:41:04 »
Awesome to hear this is still in the works!

gratz on the move man

Offline nicolaidavies

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:20:45 »
Really glad to hear that this is still alive.

Is there any possibility for an extra B in the spacebars kit? Or even a blank 1u?

I plan on building an Acrylic Alice, so It would be nice to have the right legends.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:24:42 »

Is there any possibility for an extra B in the spacebars kit? Or even a blank 1u?

I plan on building an Acrylic Alice, so It would be nice to have the right legends.

Where you getting an ALPS compatible Alice style PCB? I'd love to grab one if it is something readily available!

Offline nicolaidavies

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:45:46 »

Where you getting an ALPS compatible Alice style PCB? I'd love to grab one if it is something readily available!

I got an extra PCB from the Tengu GB (https://store.projectkeyboard.com/collections/tengu/products/tengu-pcb-extra). And I got an Alps plate file with support for MX stabs based of the Yuktsi files. Then I got an old Apple keyboard with Salmon alps.

So these keycaps are the missing piece.

Offline nicolaidavies

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:46:40 »

I got an extra PCB from the Tengu GB (https://store.projectkeyboard.com/collections/tengu/products/tengu-pcb-extra). And I got an Alps plate file with support for MX stabs based of the Yuktsi files. Then I got an old Apple keyboard with Salmon alps.

You can pre order one here: https://store.projectkeyboard.com/collections/alice-pcbs/products/preorder-alice-pcb-rev2-black

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:54:15 »

You can pre order one here: https://store.projectkeyboard.com/collections/alice-pcbs/products/preorder-alice-pcb-rev2-black

Thanks for the response & links, I didn't know the PKB Alice PCB had ALPS support! Might have to give this project a go myself.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 10:00:17 »
Thank you Hiney, this is something I have always wanted to do/buy so it is awesome that you have done all the work
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline parablol

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 18:25:00 »
I really wish the small spacebars were convex

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 08:11:51 »

same, sadly SP doesn't have those molds

Offline nicolaidavies

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 14:36:34 »

same, sadly SP doesn't have those molds

What about double B molds? You know for Alice people

Offline IO Sam

• IO Sam Hub
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 12:53:55 »

I'm in the exact same situation you're in. Also, would you mind sharing the alps compatible Alice plate file you mentioned? That was the main other issue I was struggling with. Tks!

Hey Nicolaidavies, thank you for sending it to me over Reddit!!! Really appreciated man!
Do you mind if I share that file with the rest of the community here? I'm sure there will be other people in the same situation at some point.

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2021, 12:45:51 by IO Sam »

Offline monteyalps

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 21:32:29 »
Can't wait for this to drop!  :p

Offline tpec

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 16:33:31 »
I just realised that a 1.75u R4 'Caps Lock' key is missing in the 40s kit, if you're looking to complete the Minivan support. There's already all the other Minivan specific keys (e.g., 1.75u R2 'Backspace'), so it'd be nice to have. Worst case I suppose the R3 Caps Lock key from the base kit could be used, which isn't too bad.

Excited for this to happen though! I recently finished putting together a Blue Alps Minivan in preparation :)

Offline igooo33333

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 13:12:18 »
Is there any update on this?

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 13:19:55 »

AFAIK it's kinda on hold for right now, but Hiney does intend on running it when he can. So it's not a dead project.

Offline igooo33333

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 16:04:29 »

AFAIK it's kinda on hold for right now, but Hiney does intend on running it when he can. So it's not a dead project.

Thanks that's good to hear. I'm planning a Time 80 RE build using yellow alps and would love to eventually use this set rather than the XDA pbt ones from kprepublic.

Offline IO Sam

• IO Sam Hub
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 15:51:20 »

I'm in the exact same situation you're in. Also, would you mind sharing the alps compatible Alice plate file you mentioned? That was the main other issue I was struggling with. Tks!

Hey Nicolaidavies, thank you for sending it to me over Reddit!!! Really appreciated man!
Do you mind if I share that file with the rest of the community here? I'm sure there will be other people in the same situation at some point.

Happy to report that the original Alps Alice plate designer (u/Wolframme on Reddit) authorized me to share the file publicly (and thanks to Nicolaidavies for assisting me on this matter!). So, for anyone in need of an Alps compatible plate for a stacked acrylic Alice board, here is his link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eWbhpDfI1_Yn8qojrovlFp846NTVviH5?usp=sharing

I am currently working on a project to build myself an Alice board with Alps SKCM switches (which I will eventually document on my YouTube channel) and will likely make some modification to the original design. But, for now, I can confirm that I know of at least one person who successfully used this design on a stacked acrylic Alice board as it is.

Offline F13

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 11:24:54 »
Fantastic that there will be multiple spacebar support.

MX stems for stabs is fine but it pretty much means these caps will be for Alps versions of modern boards...which is very much needed.

I think a large base kit makes sense. Alps lovers are definitely a subset of the keeb community so there might not be enough of us to support lots of kitting options.

Frankly, most people buying GMK end up with a bunch of caps they never use anyway (numpad...I'm looking at you), so I don't think it should shock anyone to have a DCS Alps set that includes keys that some might not need (e.g. ISO vs ANSI).

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 17:21:49 »
if anyone else wants to take this over, please let me know and we can work that out. I don't have the bandwidth to do it atm.

Offline Onnimar

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 08:04:54 »
I hope someone takes this over. Been waiting on a decent alps iso set for my alps build.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
Re: [IC] DCS Alps-mount WoB keycaps (taken over, new link in OP)
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 10:45:42 »
My friend PigeonsLB has taken this over, new IC here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113525.0