Author Topic: [GB] KAT Atlantis  (Read 126138 times)

Offline Kleekey

Re: [GB] KAT Atlantis
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 19:16:22 »
How do I get my hands on a mat?

try mechmarket. I am sure there are people who have the deskmat and just canceled their sets.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Offline ThomasLT

• ThomasLT Studio
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 11:42:52 »
great job

Offline LexProf

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 22:36:07 »
I think, apart from vendors not working with Keyreative, we as purchasers should just stop purchasing Kat and Kam sets. They won't meet MOQ, and maybe the vendors and Keyreative will take a hint. Designers should avoid for a long while too. I'm already in on a Kat and a Kam, and have serious doubts about when I'll get them and what they'll look like, if I get them at all.

Offline thicthock

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 08:03:11 »
I think, apart from vendors not working with Keyreative, we as purchasers should just stop purchasing Kat and Kam sets. They won't meet MOQ, and maybe the vendors and Keyreative will take a hint. Designers should avoid for a long while too. I'm already in on a Kat and a Kam, and have serious doubts about when I'll get them and what they'll look like, if I get them at all.

the problem is that gmk isnt doing much better with delivery times sadly.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 19:52:18 »

I'm for around 8 different KAT sets with group buy dates ranging from well over a year ago to Slurp and Space Dust most recently. So far the only one supposedly close to delivery is KAT Cyberspace. It's going to really suck if I hate the profile after all the waiting...

Offline Buster69

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 08:47:41 »
You guys see this? Email I just got

"
[PSA] KAT Space Cadet
It has come to our attention that Keyreative / zFrontier have shipped some if not all KAT Space Cadet orders out to customers in China and possibly beyond China. Unfortunately, none of these kits have been signed off on by the designers of the sets yet. As such we can't guarantee that the quality of the sets shipped are up to our standards.

Under normal circumstances Keyreative / zFrontier would have shipped sample sets out to the designers for final approval. Due to this complete breakdown of process we find ourselves in an impossible position. While we really want to make sure KAT Space Cadet gets into the hands of customers, we currently have no idea if the quality of the product lives up to the expectations of the designers.

When we were made aware that these sets had been shipped out to customers in China, we immediately took action to halt shipping. We've been promised that the sample sets will be shipped out to us and the designers this coming Monday. zFrontier has reportedly halted shipping of KAT Space Cadet.

We aim to get these samples to the designers for approval ASAP so we can get shipping started as soon as possible.

- MKUltra Corporation
"

Offline Xherion

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 09:16:18 »
That sounds scary omg

Is Space Cadet and Atlantis next in line?

Offline Buster69

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 10:46:42 »
That sounds scary omg

Not sure about the queue order, maybe someone else in here does.

What a fun group buy this has become haha

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 15:45:00 »
That sounds scary omg

let's say keyreactive said that. Would you believe them?

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 14:57:04 »
So any news on this?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:37:48 »
man I committed quite a few KAT sets myself and already felt like I walked into a big GB scam of my life... no updates what so ever. Anyways to get our money back?

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:55:15 »
man I committed quite a few KAT sets myself and already felt like I walked into a big GB scam of my life... no updates what so ever. Anyways to get our money back?

Write your vendor. I know people in the states who have gotten out of this.

Offline radditer

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 08:04:01 »
Any updates?

Apple M0116 orange alps

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 00:31:13 »
Any updates?
Discord has the most up to date info but there hasn't been anything new for 2 months or so. 

At this point, I'm not expecting to have this in my hands this calendar year. See everyone in 2022! Wonder if we hit 2 years on this.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline Oni74

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 15:34:43 »
@rensuya have you any communication on status and updated time for shipping? It's been over 3 months since last update on Cannonkey's website, so I'm wondering if I missed something posted elsewhere.

I don't understand how/why some KAT sets appear to be moving forward while others are stuck in limbo. And why do GB runners and proxies keep selling KAT sets when the vendor makes unilateral decisions, doesn't communicate, nor meet timelines for manufacturing? Sorry if this sounds like ranting, but I'm flabbergasted at the sheer ridiculousness of the situation. I understand this hobby requires patience, but this level of radio silence is abnormal.

Offline asciisii

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 16:33:50 »
A nightmare group buy, and I'm not really blaming Rensuya either - this is on Keyreative and the vendors. Atlantis is the only KAT set I've bought, and will stay that way until it delivers and whether it was worth the wait quality wise.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 08:46:30 »
@rensuya have you any communication on status and updated time for shipping? It's been over 3 months since last update on Cannonkey's website, so I'm wondering if I missed something posted elsewhere.

I don't understand how/why some KAT sets appear to be moving forward while others are stuck in limbo. And why do GB runners and proxies keep selling KAT sets when the vendor makes unilateral decisions, doesn't communicate, nor meet timelines for manufacturing? Sorry if this sounds like ranting, but I'm flabbergasted at the sheer ridiculousness of the situation. I understand this hobby requires patience, but this level of radio silence is abnormal.

I can speak to part of this.  KAT sets that are still dye-sublimated are moving forward (slowly).  KAT sets that Keyreative decided to convert to doubleshot are in a separate queue.

So you will probably continue to see more KAT deliveries simply because they are being worked on in parallel.  The dye sublimated pipeline is distinct.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 10:17:31 »
A nightmare group buy, and I'm not really blaming Rensuya either - this is on Keyreative and the vendors. Atlantis is the only KAT set I've bought, and will stay that way until it delivers and whether it was worth the wait quality wise.
May not seem like it now but them switching the queue was done in your benefit. With almost every rensuya set hitting super high number, and other sets hitting almost just as high. His sets alone were eating up much of the dyesub Queue. Keep this in mind both KAT and KAM go into the same queue, also to make these new molds is quite expensive. Sure it sucks that you have to wait for new molds to be perfected, but the overall outcome should have less legend placement issues, more vibrant colors, and overall pretty freaking cool. I do agree their way of going about it was...but it has good intentions for everyone.

Offline asciisii

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 12:20:19 »
May not seem like it now but them switching the queue was done in your benefit. With almost every rensuya set hitting super high number, and other sets hitting almost just as high. His sets alone were eating up much of the dyesub Queue. Keep this in mind both KAT and KAM go into the same queue, also to make these new molds is quite expensive. Sure it sucks that you have to wait for new molds to be perfected, but the overall outcome should have less legend placement issues, more vibrant colors, and overall pretty freaking cool. I do agree their way of going about it was...but it has good intentions for everyone.

I completely agree, I do hope we get a pristine product with Keyreative's new doubleshot process. I'm pretty understanding with my other participated GBs going past/far past ETAs, but this one in particular seems to be a bit of a sore spot for me. Fingers crossed it all turns out well and we see this in the next 6-8 months - now I wish I picked up more kits considering the wait.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 16:18:10 »
Soooo, update?

Offline PancakeGoon

• *•° tape hiss *•~
    • goonf!sh.beets~
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 23:17:15 »
Soooo, update?

Last official update I've seen from Key was from one of their Reps regarding KAT Cyberspace, on the 15th. That's been the sole focus of production this past two months or so.

So, at the time of the update (October 15th), Cyberspace was at around ~90% manufacturing completion, but the real meat & potatoes of the check-in was to let us know about another small delay - due to power restrictions and the national Holiday - but supposedly the last until shipping starts. And finally; to expect all units to be sorted & packed by month's end, possibly early November. But realistically, just lean towards the latter for your own sanity...

Then they can start pumping out the next set in the queue. 🙃

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 10:53:32 »
Soooo, update?

Last official update I've seen from Key was from one of their Reps regarding KAT Cyberspace, on the 15th. That's been the sole focus of production this past two months or so.

So, at the time of the update (October 15th), Cyberspace was at around ~90% manufacturing completion, but the real meat & potatoes of the check-in was to let us know about another small delay - due to power restrictions and the national Holiday - but supposedly the last until shipping starts. And finally; to expect all units to be sorted & packed by month's end, possibly early November. But realistically, just lean towards the latter for your own sanity...

The problem is if they just start pumping, without actually having had samples been approved by the designer. Which starts to feel more and more likely. But I hope that's not the case.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 11:41:49 »
Soooo, update?

KAT Cyberspace is in a separate queue from Atlantis.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 12:30:37 »
Soooo, update?

KAT Cyberspace is in a separate queue from Atlantis.

Because KAT Atlantis, KAT Explosion, and KAT Mizu are now double-shot, while KAT Cyberspace is dye sub.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 14:54:06 »
Thanks for this info guys. Would be nice to get an official update after all this time, patience is waning lol

Offline Louwii

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 18:03:58 »
I agree with you on that one. I'm happy to support designers, and I understand production can be delayed for a lot of reasons, I'm okay with this. But getting no update is painful. It would be nice to get an email every month or every 2 months about where we're at. I don't think that's too much to ask?

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 15:06:26 »
Honestly at this point it'd be nice to get an update once every half year or so... the post still lists a Q1 2021 estimated ship date.

Offline CaptPap

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 03:56:41 »
I do wonder how long it will be until I regret not opting for that full refund they offered in the middle of 2021.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 21:08:50 »
I do wonder how long it will be until I regret not opting for that full refund they offered in the middle of 2021.

This is me too.
However, I've been trying to find alternative but it's so hard since I need ergo kit and it's almost impossible to find one with good color, great kitting, and not blank.
I've been checking every upcoming sets and I never able to find something that checks all 3.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 06 November 2021, 15:47:30 »
My navy blue Sat75 is getting here Monday... Guess I'll throw mitolet on it for now. I don't think I can let it sit in a box until Atlantis ships because only God knows how long that will be.

Totally agree with you guys, we should get an email update or something every couple of months or so. Anything is better than sitting in the dark. Bets on Q2 2022?

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 16:25:17 »
Hey guys,

Sorry for the radio silence here but currently I am waiting on the new PBT samples of this set to come.

Current ETA: Q4 2021

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 16:31:49 »

I presume that's the sample eta, not the shipping eta?

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 16:49:26 »
Unclear how they’d be able to get the sample out, have it approved, manufacture all of it and ship it even w the shoddy standards seen for KAT Space Cadet. Presumably just a sample this year if that.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 12:55:42 »
Unclear how they’d be able to get the sample out, have it approved, manufacture all of it and ship it even w the shoddy standards seen for KAT Space Cadet. Presumably just a sample this year if that.

Right lol, there is no chance this ships in 2021... 💩

Offline Oni74

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 14:40:02 »
so my takeaway from the recent update is:
- Samples arrive in Dec 2021; If samples are good enough, then green light for production
- 2 months for production and packing (end of Feb-early Mar; take CNY into account)
- 2 months for shipping to vendors (mid-Mar through mid-may; hopefully nothing gets stuck on a ship)
- 2-3 weeks Vendors ship to individual customer (end of May/early Jun)

therefore end of Q2 2022 is the earliest we can expect delivery. Does this look right to everyone?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 17:00:47 »
so my takeaway from the recent update is:
- Samples arrive in Dec 2021; If samples are good enough, then green light for production
- 2 months for production and packing (end of Feb-early Mar; take CNY into account)
- 2 months for shipping to vendors (mid-Mar through mid-may; hopefully nothing gets stuck on a ship)
- 2-3 weeks Vendors ship to individual customer (end of May/early Jun)

therefore end of Q2 2022 is the earliest we can expect delivery. Does this look right to everyone?

KAT Atlantis, KAT Explosion, and KAT Mizu are switching from dye sub to double-shot.  It's difficult to predict ETA for these sets since Keyreative's double-shot production method is still in development.

Offline bombay.duck

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 22:11:09 »
Hey guys,

Sorry for the radio silence here but currently I am waiting on the new PBT samples of this set to come.

Curious if the samples ever arrived since it is the end of Q4 2021.

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 22:16:31 »
Nothing on discord. Rensuya would provide updates if there were any. Keyreactive saying they’d be here this year is nearly proof to not expect them…

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 13:58:51 »
Keyreative shared their estimated KAT/KAM production schedule - https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Offline tigers

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 10:10:50 »
Got an email from Canonkeys the other day and they've gotten samples. They have a document that goes into detail of the samples. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0238/7342/1376/files/KAT_Atlantis_Doubleshot_Samples_v3.pdf

KAT Atlantis doubleshot samples are in hand - and they look great!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 03:05:04 »
ooh they look pretty good

Offline svenge

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 00:03:28 »
We hanging in there... Hoping for the best.  Thanks for updates.

Offline dokternik

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 17:24:10 »
They don't look too bad at all.

But. How the heck are they gonna do that space-bar novelty...? notice it isn't shown?

Offline Buster69

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 19:50:39 »
Can we get an official update of some kind? What's the ETA?

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 23:02:36 »
Can we get an official update of some kind? What's the ETA?

Nothing new from the discord since the last time I posted. Rensuya hasn’t been here in 4 months and didn’t even post the samples here himself. Last official word from keyreactive was that they’d be done manufacturing this month, but no one’s seen a sample nov for the spacebar nor corrections for the errors on the previous round of samples. People on discord had asked for additional photos of the samples to get a sense of consistency which has been lacking in previous KAT sets and we didn’t get that either.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 11:07:45 »
The main thing I'm still annoyed about is being unable to get an answer from anyone about if these are still really PBT or if it is a "PBT-like" mix which every other double-shot "PBT" set I've ever tried has been in reality. It's the difference between the durability of real PBT verses something which is going to shine like ABS after a few months of use.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 14:25:14 »
The main thing I'm still annoyed about is being unable to get an answer from anyone about if these are still really PBT or if it is a "PBT-like" mix which every other double-shot "PBT" set I've ever tried has been in reality. It's the difference between the durability of real PBT verses something which is going to shine like ABS after a few months of use.
Yeah, me too. Some of the cracks in the sample caps really make me wonder about the material. The rest looks very promising, but there’s no way of knowing how they’ll hold up over time. I guess that’s true for any caps from all new manufacturers though, doubleshot or dyesub.

Still, seems less dire than HSA.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline In0cenT

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 01:56:52 »
Any new updates? According to Keycreative the set should be finished by now...

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2022, 02:09:07 by In0cenT »

Offline helborne

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 08:16:54 »
I pop on this thread now and again to see how many ways people attempt to spell Keyreative.  Not disappointed.

Offline In0cenT

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 25 April 2022, 02:09:38 »
I pop on this thread now and again to see how many ways people attempt to spell Keyreative.  Not disappointed.

You got me there.