geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Gaming on a split keyboard?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lanrefni:
I game exclusively on my BFO-9000,not sure its the best example as it has more keys on one side than most split boards have on both.   ;D

TheWonderBubble:

--- Quote from: Lanrefni on Sat, 12 June 2021, 22:35:10 ---I game exclusively on my BFO-9000,not sure its the best example as it has more keys on one side than most split boards have on both.   ;D

Show Image

--- End quote ---

Dang, is that a full 108 split ortho? I may have to look into that myself.

Sounds like the consensus though is that split gaming is good to go, and if not...I'll just have an excuse for another keeb.  :D

Lanrefni:

--- Quote from: TheWonderBubble on Sun, 13 June 2021, 02:05:49 ---
--- Quote from: Lanrefni on Sat, 12 June 2021, 22:35:10 ---I game exclusively on my BFO-9000,not sure its the best example as it has more keys on one side than most split boards have on both.   ;D

Show Image

--- End quote ---

Sounds like the consensus though is that split gaming is good to go, and if not...I'll just have an excuse for another keeb.  :D

--- End quote ---

Would be a full 108 but for the 2U POS caps making it 104,having the Numpad in the middle is really handy for gaming,allows for a lot of quick access macros.

TheWonderBubble:

--- Quote from: Lanrefni on Sun, 13 June 2021, 18:11:53 ---
--- Quote from: TheWonderBubble on Sun, 13 June 2021, 02:05:49 ---

Show Image

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Would be a full 108 but for the 2U POS caps making it 104,having the Numpad in the middle is really handy for gaming,allows for a lot of quick access macros.

--- End quote ---

Definitely going to be looking into that, more likely for work than home gaming actually. Thank you!

kizuna:

--- Quote from: vvp on Mon, 07 June 2021, 14:19:21 ---I play FPS games on a split keyboard (K84CS) with 20° tenting angle.
I remap keys in game. No need for a traditional keyboard. I would use layers if I could not remap all the needed keys to one half. The keys which start a chat are on the other half but it does not matter since one types with both hands in a chat.

--- End quote ---

How long did it take to get used to gaming with the split keyboard?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version