Author Topic: [GB] GMK Aegyptus ☥  (Read 58947 times)

Offline savageastr0naut

[GB] GMK Aegyptus ☥
« on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 18:32:33 »
GMK Aegyptus

A keycap set themed around one of the greatest and most powerful civilizations in the history of the world.

Ancient Egypt, the mysterious civilization that dates as far back as the 4th millennium BCE. Its wonders preserved throughout the times in various forms of art, monuments, and hidden secrets to be rediscovered thousands of years later. The impact of such a civilization would ruffle the pages of history and change the world forever. Ancient Egypt was truly a civilization like no other. The agriculture, unique society, and of course the beliefs of the people truly made it a marvel of the ancient world – an oasis in the desert, Kemet. However, all things, no matter how great, eventually come to an end. Egypt was resurrected several times, but it never attained its former glory. The Egypt of antiquity came as close as it ever would to its mythical status. Some believe that the Greek and Roman influence of antiquity did more harm than good. Perhaps extraterrestrials are to blame. After all, how did they build the pyramids back then? Nonetheless, the impact of this once pinnacle civilization will echo throughout history and the sands of time for all eternity, even in the realm of the Duat - or so they say.

Scarab (coming soon) x GMK Aegyptus

Vendors
☥ USA – Mechs & Co.
☥ Canada – DeskHero
☥ EU – CandyKeys
☥ UK – proto[Typist]
☥ Oceania – DailyClack
☥ SEA – ILUMKB
☥ Asia – ZFrontier

Kits
renders by sGhost (sGhost#3666)

Pschent – Base Kit

Hedjet – Novelties Kit

Deshret – Spacebars Kit

Keyboard Renders
Atlas by Koobaczech

Dawn by Finite Design

Hubble65 by Mechs & Co. and Yoni Wolf

TGR Jane by yuktsi

Deskmats
designed by goldiwolfi

Collaborations
☥ RAMA
☥ Latrialum
☥ Artkey
☥ Nork Studios
☥ Sui Paracords - Custom Cable
☥ MarbleK - Wrist Rest
☥ Handemade by G.C.W. - Custom Keyboard Carrying Bag
☥ Leonardo Da Mouse - custom Aegyptus themed mouse

Scarab

RAMA

Latrialum

Nork Studios

SuiParacords
https://suiparacords.store/collections/group-buy

*please note: the production units will have gold USB connections

MarbleK - Serpentine Green Marble Wrist Rest
https://marblek.com/product/pre-order-serpentine-green-wrist-rest-x-gmk-aegyptus/

Handmade by GCW
https://forms.gle/6PSJziNB99bPHXBs7

LeonardoDaMouse
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSefktEqm_8wLHntkfx1z932nochKxALmLyHd5yx7rWghgYHLw/viewform

Asero Foundry

Colors
GMK L9, GMK N7, Pantone 4019C

It was rumored that Ancient Egypt was pristine hdj (white) and nbw (gold), everywhere you looked. However I believe it to have realistically been more beige/ivory as opposed to a pristine white. There is no way something remains white with that much sand around. Therefore, I think that GMK L9 and N7 capture that depiction beautifully. Moreover, wadj (green) was a popular color in Ancient Egypt. The Ancient Egyptians believed in a god who they called Osiris: the god of fertility, agriculture, the dead, and resurrection. It is said that Osiris' skin is wadj (green) in color. Therefore, it is incorporated into several aspects of the Ancient Egyptian culture and can be seen in things ranging from the use of Malachite rock (the source of all things green in Ancient Egypt) in ceremonial scarabs to the almighty Osiris himself and the Field of Reeds.

GMK Aegyptus Signature Banner
Show your support for GMK Aegyptus with this banner for your signature!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112098.0][img=https://i.imgur.com/NxbaUQz.png][/img][/url]

Special Thanks
I want to thank everyone who played a part, no matter how small or large, in the making of this set. My love for history and the worlds of past would not have come to life as the first keycap set that I have designed without you all. I am humbled to have designed a keycap set with such a powerful theme as this. My sincerest thanks and gratitude to the following people: CoolMike, goldiwolfi, sGhost, Fatboycarney, Break, Meika from Latrialum, Koobaczech, Konstantin – whose knowledge and insight on kitting has indirectly helped me, the guys over at Asero Foundry, and my fellow team members at Mechs & Co. 

Groupbuy Date - July 02, 2021 - August 02, 2021

Follow me on Instagram!

Updates

𓆣 Order submitted to GMK via lead vendor M&C
𓆣 GMK invoices paid by all vendors
𓆣 Color sample arrived at M&C WH
𓆣 Color sample pending approval by designer
𓆣 Color sample approved by designer
𓆣 Shipping to vendors
𓆣 Shipping to customers
𓆣 If you have not received your GMK Aegyptus order yet, then consider contacting your local vendor.
𓆣 GB officially closed

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2023, 18:37:35 by savageastr0naut »

Offline Zeryph

Re: [GB] GMK Aegyptus ☥
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 17:05:44 »
Beautiful Set! Love the colors and reasons as to why each one was chosen.
I'm in!
GLWGB!!!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 17:31:21 »
Beautiful Set! Love the colors and reasons as to why each one was chosen.
I'm in!
GLWGB!!!

Thank You! I'm glad you like the set. I did research to justify my choices for GMK Aegyptus, glad it's appreciated. 𓂀

Offline nanooq

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 07:46:27 »
Great color selection! Two questions w.r.t. the asero artisans - they only seem to be available on mechas&co? This is a big pain for us EU folks :( The picture on mechs&co shows a green artisan as a third cap instead of the speckled white one shown here - which one is the correct one?

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 14:26:20 »
Great color selection! Two questions w.r.t. the asero artisans - they only seem to be available on mechas&co? This is a big pain for us EU folks :( The picture on mechs&co shows a green artisan as a third cap instead of the speckled white one shown here - which one is the correct one?

I am deeply sorry about the Asero artisans, but it seems Mechs & Co. is the only vendor who will be offering them. For everyone outside the US that would like to purchase an Asero artisan and the shipping is expensive, please consider reaching out to us via the Mechs & Co. Discord or our Contact Us page on the website. Perhaps we can get a slightly cheaper shipping rate for you.

As for the Asero artisan colorways offered, I simply forgot to update this post with the latest Asero artisan renders - my apologies. As shown on the Mechs & Co. product page, the green w/white-gold specks colorway is being offered alongside the gold and the white. I have updated the Original Post with the correct render.

I appreciate the kind words and your questions.

Thank You! ;D

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 23:16:28 »
Hey everyone,

I have co-designed a keyboard in collaboration with GMK Aegyptus. It's called Scarab, check it out here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113738.0
The inspiration for it was heavily influenced by Ancient Egypt and GMK Aegyptus. We're going to be offering it in two colors that match GMK Aegyptus and the bottom brass weight is the scarab design from the Novelties Kit.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 10:42:23 »
BUMP, please consider GMK Aegyptus!

☥ USA – Mechs & Co.
☥ Canada – DeskHero
☥ EU – CandyKeys
☥ UK – proto[Typist]
☥ Oceania – DailyClack
☥ SEA – ILUMKB
☥ Asia – ZFrontier

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 21:56:50 »

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 21:07:28 »
Hey everyone,

All keyboard kits will be made and everything else is on track to hit MOQ by GB close. Final numbers will be shared towards the close of the GB/after the GB ends.

Mechs & Co. is doing a giveaway for 2 GMK Aegyptus Base Kits! Check out how to join that free giveaway here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR7vccWHIeA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thank You all for the support, we're almost there! Get your orders in now while you can! The GB will end in a few days on August 2nd, 2021.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 19:35:44 »
ArtKey raffle is happening soon, likely this upcoming week, as is the Nork Studios raffle. The Latrialum raffle will happen at a later date, pay attention to Meika's Instagram (@latrialum) and this thread for that.

There are a couple of days left to join the GroupBuy! Get your last minute orders in ASAP.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 14:19:10 »
It's the last day, join the GroupBuy now, before it's ancient history! 𓂀

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 21:46:58 »
GMK Aegyptus x Latrialum: raffle at a later date

GMK Aegyptus x Nork Studios: raffle on August 08, 2021

Offline MossG1

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 21:55:47 »
take my money

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 08:44:39 »
I mean, last Dvorcol-update is from 19th July, but it's rough to see a set designed with so much heart and effort not performing extremely well. I guess we have passed the point of saturation, or the speed with which enthusiasts are becoming designers is now exceeding the rate of influx of new people into this hobby.

I really hope you get rewarded for all your effort, savageastr0naut, and this makes it across the finish line with all kits alive and well.

Best,
Johannes

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 20:30:43 »
I mean, last Dvorcol-update is from 19th July, but it's rough to see a set designed with so much heart and effort not performing extremely well. I guess we have passed the point of saturation, or the speed with which enthusiasts are becoming designers is now exceeding the rate of influx of new people into this hobby.

I really hope you get rewarded for all your effort, savageastr0naut, and this makes it across the finish line with all kits alive and well.

Best,
Johannes
Jo_hannes,

First, thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your recognition of the time and effort devoted to this set. As cheesy as it sounds, it makes me happy to have read that. History is something I enjoy and I am honored to have designed my first keycap set around one of the most powerful and influential civilizations throughout history.

Second, GMK Aegyptus is going to be made. There was a slight surge in sales towards the end of this GroupBuy. Although it wasn't enough, the vendors for GMK Aegyptus were kind enough to purchase a generous amount of extras to make this set a reality. Nonetheless, I am thankful for those who supported me by purchasing this set and for the awesome vendors who ran GMK Aegyptus. I will post the final numbers before and after extras soon. The numbers are finalized with all vendors, I just have to message dvorcol and they can post the graph when ready. Everything surpassed MOQ, aside from the RAMA trays, which Mechs & Co. later purchased more of to hit MOQ.

To address the rest of your comment, I agree with you. I designed this set to translate my passion for history into a hobby that I am a proud member of and moreover knowing that GMK Aegyptus likely was not going to push high numbers and sales. Nonetheless, I was shocked to see the numbers, especially the first couple of weeks.

What was the reason? Well, there has been an increase in designers/sets lately and an influx of new people into this hobby, as you mentioned. I speculate that the longer manufacturing times are not something the new people in this hobby, and truthfully a lot of the older people in this hobby, want to deal with. Furthermore, as a co-owner of Mechs & Co. I have the humbling point of view of vendor in this hobby. This month was a rough month for all sets. There were several well designed sets in GroupBuy all throughout late June and July. I further speculate that several hobbyists could not/did not want to join in on several keycap set buys within the same month.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your comment and kind words. Know that I am rewarded in my efforts in the sense that I was able to show people a blimp in the timeline of our history and that those who supported me and purchased this set are going to get it.

Lastly, my last name is Ohannessian and your forum name is Jo_hannes. I am assuming that is either German, Dutch, or perhaps Swedish. Regardless, it is interesting to see the similarity between names. The -ian ending in Armenian last names means "son of", so my lineage traces back to a man named Ohanness.

Anyway, it's a pleasure - thank you everyone!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 August 2021, 20:39:22 by savageastr0naut »

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 09:31:56 »
Happy to see that this will be made.
One of the sets that I'm most excited to receive.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 18:16:45 »

More
<-- without extras

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 22:31:28 »
Artkey x Aegyptus raffle is now LIVE!

Enter here: https://artkeyuniverse.com/shop/detail/malachite

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 21:06:44 »
Artkey x Aegyptus raffle Part 2 is now LIVE!

Enter here: https://artkeyuniverse.com/shop/detail/malachite-pv

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 22:22:49 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 November 2021, 16:40:15 by savageastr0naut »

Offline orange.island

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 22:35:58 »
Would there be a round 2 GB? I'm too late for the first round. I saw IC for Scarab board and I'd love to have this set. Also cuz I'm a sucker for anything related to Egypt's history  :-[ :-*

Offline emalider

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 01:43:28 »
Would there be a round 2 GB? I'm too late for the first round. I saw IC for Scarab board and I'd love to have this set. Also cuz I'm a sucker for anything related to Egypt's history  :-[ :-*

DailyClack has a few base kits left for pre-order, which would ship with their group buy orders: https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-aegyptus?variant=39399051132983. You could always get a base kit and focus on the spacebar and novelties kits when extras release. Not sure if they ship to your region though. 😬

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 20:17:10 »
As of right now, there are no plans for a round 2. I'm working on other projects, as well as doing my part as co-owner over at Mechs & Co.

However, the vendors for round 1 will be posting Pre-Orders soon and moreover, they will have extras for sale on their sites after the Group Buy orders ship. Mechs & Co. will be posting their extras soon, working on it now, and as mentioned by emalider DailyClack has Base Kits available for Pre-Order purchase right now.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your support and I am glad you like both GMK Aegyptus and the Scarab keyboard!

01/07/2022 edit: I meant Mechs & Co. will be posting their Pre-Orders soon, not extras.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 18:03:25 by savageastr0naut »

Offline depressedkeebs

• Depressed Keebs
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 18:25:14 »
noise

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 12:34:17 »
GMK Aegyptus Pre-Orders are now available on Mechs & Co.
CLICK HERE to purchase: https://mechsandco.com/collections/pre-orders/products/gb-gmk-aegyptus?variant=39449721340039

GMK Aegyptus Base Kits are also available on DailyClack
CLICK HERE to purchase: https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-aegyptus?variant=39399051132983

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 18:01:51 »
Hello everyone,

The color sample for the gold (Pantone 4019C) has arrived at the M&C WH as of yesterday. Once M&C has done their testing, the samples will be sent my way for confirmation and approval. I hope this first round of samples appropriately match the Pantone chip/renders. I will do my best to ensure that the final sample matches and captures what I have envisioned for GMK Aegyptus before approving it for production.

Furthermore, whereas GMK L9 and GMK N7 are stock GMK colors, there will be no color samples for those specific colors.

Thank You! ☥

Offline SamuraiBlack5

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 30 May 2022, 23:10:27 »
Any idea when the GB closes? The Mechs & Co site says Aug 2021....

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 14:21:33 »

It's in the OP:
Groupbuy Date - July 02, 2021 - August 02, 2021

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 09:44:08 »
As Fraaaan mentioned, the GB was open from July 02, 2021 - August 02, 2021. However, a couple of vendors have posted Pre-Orders of Aegyptus on their sites, for a slight markup - since the wait time is not as long as the GB wait time. I'll link those vendors below. Furthermore, all vendors will have Extras to sell after both GB and Pre-Orders are shipped to customers.

Thanks for your interest in Aegyptus.

Mechs & Co. Aegyptus Pre-Orders
DailyClack Aegyptus Pre-Orders

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 18:48:10 »
The color sample that I was sent by GMK is, in my opinion, as close to the Pantone 4019 C color card in the Pantone Formula Guide as plastic can be to paper. Therefore, I am happy to announce that I have approved the color sample for Pantone 4019 C today. As previously mentioned, the other two colors in this set (GMK L9 & GMK N7) are stock GMK colors, thus they do not require color sample approval.

I want to take this moment to reiterate that renders and monitors can be deceptive when it comes to color-accuracy. In order to get the best idea of what the approved color sample for Pantone 4019 C looks like, I suggest you look at the color card for it via an official Pantone Formula Guide product.

With the approval of this color sample, GMK Aegyptus should begin manufacturing within the upcoming months. Hopefully, we will have GMK Aegyptus in hand by the latest ETA from GMK of Q4 2022.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 15:34:41 »
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to say that vendors are receiving GMK Aegyptus. Some vendors have even fulfilled orders. Furthermore, I was notified that deskmats are now ordered and should be arriving soon. Moreover, RAMA has also just shipped out their Aegyptus products to vendors.

Unfortunately, I was told that although I submitted my banderole design to the lead vendor last year, GMK Aegyptus was packaged and shipped in the generic GMK packaging. I'm deeply upset that my banderole design wasn't used. The design tied everything together and it's a shame. It feels like GMK Aegyptus is incomplete without out, but there isn't much that can be done at this point.

I want to thank everyone who supported this set, especially the vendors and those who purchased GMK Aegyptus. Aegyptus was my first keycap set that I designed and I appreciate you all being a part of it. When you receive your GMK Aegyptus set, please post pictures in this thread! It makes me happy to see photos.

Lastly, consider joining my Discord server to stay up to date with my latest designs.
https://discord.gg/cFYvVJfzNW

Sincerely,
savageastr0naut

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 17:51:23 »
****, I clicked reply instead of modify. My apologies :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 May 2023, 17:53:03 by savageastr0naut »

Offline Sieglinde

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 22:58:25 »
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to say that vendors are receiving GMK Aegyptus. Some vendors have even fulfilled orders. Furthermore, I was notified that deskmats are now ordered and should be arriving soon. Moreover, RAMA has also just shipped out their Aegyptus products to vendors.

Unfortunately, I was told that although I submitted my banderole design to the lead vendor last year, GMK Aegyptus was packaged and shipped in the generic GMK packaging. I'm deeply upset that my banderole design wasn't used. The design tied everything together and it's a shame. It feels like GMK Aegyptus is incomplete without out, but there isn't much that can be done at this point.

Show Image

I want to thank everyone who supported this set, especially the vendors and those who purchased GMK Aegyptus. Aegyptus was my first keycap set that I designed and I appreciate you all being a part of it. When you receive your GMK Aegyptus set, please post pictures in this thread! It makes me happy to see photos.

Lastly, consider joining my Discord server to stay up to date with my latest designs.

Sincerely,
savageastr0naut

Was there a delay with the RAMA caps?

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 17:25:31 »
Hello everyone,

Show Image

Sincerely,
savageastr0naut

Was there a delay with the RAMA caps?
The last bit of information regarding the RAMA caps that was shared with me was that they’ve been shipped to vendors. Unfortunately, I’ve received no further information since then.

However, I was notified that AF keycaps have finished anodization and are being packaged to be shipped to vendors soon. I’ll share the photo I was sent below.

Offline Luna

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 07:58:41 »
Any further info on the Rama caps?
They should have been shipped 2 months ago but no vendor received them.

Offline Zeryph

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 08:38:25 »
If you ordered from Mechs & Co….Given the circumstances of Mechs & Co, I don’t think we will ever see the RAMA caps. RAMA has their own issues, but I would not be surprised at this point if Mechs & Co didn’t even pay RAMA to make the caps. Currently this set is sitting in M&Cs warehouse. Anyone who had anything other than the keycaps attached to their order (like myself) will probably never see them. I had a deskmat attached to my order, in 2 years they couldn’t even get a deskmat made. In hindsight, they probably once again never paid the manufacturer to make the deskmat in the first place.
The irony of the situation is this is probably one of the sets that accelerated their downfall. It didn’t do too well coming out so soon after GMK Civ, and they bought a crap ton of extras to fulfill MOQ, as it was an employees/founders (at the time) project.

If you didn’t order from M&C, hopefully you get your RAMA Cap! I haven’t heard any news, and it seems like anyone involved with M&C (the designer in this case) has gone completely silent. .
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 July 2023, 08:46:25 by Zeryph »

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 23 July 2023, 12:08:20 »
Hello everyone,

I would like to update you all about the status of GMK Aegyptus. For several weeks now, I have been trying to determine how I can get product to my supporters. However, every person I speak to disappoints me further. With that, I have the final update for GMK Aegyptyus.

Mechs & Co.
If you have not received your GMK Aegyptus order from Mechs & Co. yet, then given the situation, I regret to inform you that you will likely not be receiving the products you ordered.

Deskmats
Whereas Mechs & Co. was the lead vendor, they were initially in charge of ordering deskmats. However, it was recently revealed that they were never ordered. Therefore, I have provided the high resolution files of each deskmat design to the vendors so they may order the deskmats. Some vendors have decided to order deskmats and fulfill any outstanding orders and others have decided to refund customers for the deskmats. For further information, consider reaching out to your specific vendor.

RAMA Keycaps
Several months ago I was informed that the RAMA keycaps were supposedly shipped to vendors. No vendor has given me updates since then. RAMA is unwilling to speak directly to designers and the lead vendor (Mechs & Co.) has essentially gone under. I am unsure if vendors are going to wait for RAMA caps to fulfill any outstanding orders or if they are going to cancel/refund RAMA products and fulfill the remaining orders. For further information, consider reaching out to your specific vendor.

Asero Foundry Keycaps
I spoke with AF yesterday and they informed me that the Aegyptus keycaps were delivered to the Mechs & Co. warehouse a while ago. At this point, if you have not received your AF keycaps yet, then I regret to inform you that you will likely not be receiving the product you ordered.
_

Lastly, I sincerely apologize to my supporters. Although my apology does nothing for your frustration and money lost, I am sorry you are forced to deal with this situation. There were many factors outside of my control, but nonetheless I am sorry it has come to this. Moreover, I have made the decision to not move forward with any future designs for the foreseeable future. If I do ever decide to design a product again, I promise to make more considerate choices so that we may avoid a situation like this from ever happening again. Finally, if anyone wishes to contact me then you may message me here on GeekHack or via Discord.

- savageastr0naut

Offline Zeryph

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 23 July 2023, 12:40:25 »
As unfortunate of an update as it is, it is appreciated all the same.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 03:23:37 »
Hello everyone,

I would like to update you all about the status of GMK Aegyptus. For several weeks now, I have been trying to determine how I can get product to my supporters. However, every person I speak to disappoints me further. With that, I have the final update for GMK Aegyptyus.

Mechs & Co.
If you have not received your GMK Aegyptus order from Mechs & Co. yet, then given the situation, I regret to inform you that you will likely not be receiving the products you ordered.

Deskmats
Whereas Mechs & Co. was the lead vendor, they were initially in charge of ordering deskmats. However, it was recently revealed that they were never ordered. Therefore, I have provided the high resolution files of each deskmat design to the vendors so they may order the deskmats. Some vendors have decided to order deskmats and fulfill any outstanding orders and others have decided to refund customers for the deskmats. For further information, consider reaching out to your specific vendor.

RAMA Keycaps
Several months ago I was informed that the RAMA keycaps were supposedly shipped to vendors. No vendor has given me updates since then. RAMA is unwilling to speak directly to designers and the lead vendor (Mechs & Co.) has essentially gone under. I am unsure if vendors are going to wait for RAMA caps to fulfill any outstanding orders or if they are going to cancel/refund RAMA products and fulfill the remaining orders. For further information, consider reaching out to your specific vendor.

Asero Foundry Keycaps
I spoke with AF yesterday and they informed me that the Aegyptus keycaps were delivered to the Mechs & Co. warehouse a while ago. At this point, if you have not received your AF keycaps yet, then I regret to inform you that you will likely not be receiving the product you ordered.
_

Lastly, I sincerely apologize to my supporters. Although my apology does nothing for your frustration and money lost, I am sorry you are forced to deal with this situation. There were many factors outside of my control, but nonetheless I am sorry it has come to this. Moreover, I have made the decision to not move forward with any future designs for the foreseeable future. If I do ever decide to design a product again, I promise to make more considerate choices so that we may avoid a situation like this from ever happening again. Finally, if anyone wishes to contact me then you may message me here on GeekHack or via Discord.

- savageastr0naut

As rough as it is to hear this, I'd rather get news in this manner: accurately relay and assess the situation, to the point without false promises, yet empathetic to those of us who got screwed over by Mechs&Co (and I got royally screwed by Mechs&Co to a total of over $9,000 across over 20 GMK/MW/keeb group buys).   

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 14:12:12 »
Ironically, it looks like RAMA Esc keys were delivered to several vendors today. Most vendors have stated they now have RAMA trays and Esc keys. I would anticipate that orders without RAMA Enter keys or deskmats will be fulfilled shortly. However, consider reaching out to your specific vendor for further clarification.

Furthermore, I have updated the OP with the latest information. I apologize for the delay in posting on this thread after the Mechs & Co. situation. I'm sure a lot of you were looking for answers/explanations. Truthfully, I too was trying to find information/clarity on the situation. Moreover, I was looking for a solution. I wanted to bring you all some sort of good news. However, I spoke with several people to see if there was something that could be done, but unfortunately it looks like things are out of my reach.

Lastly, I have made posts/announcements regarding the situation in the MW Hayastan GB thread. For clarity, I will link that thread below.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=119833.0

I will continue to update this thread and my Discord server with any new information regarding GMK Aegyptus and my outstanding projects.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 18:55:36 »
I ordered this from Mechs & Co.  I realize I'm never getting that order.  Is there someone else I can at least buy the Rama Enter key from?  From the updates, I'm unclear on whether those have been produced, or if they're simply not going to be made at all.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 22:51:02 »
I ordered this from Mechs & Co.  I realize I'm never getting that order.  Is there someone else I can at least buy the Rama Enter key from?  From the updates, I'm unclear on whether those have been produced, or if they're simply not going to be made at all.
As per the updates in the OP, the RAMA Enter keys are still in transit to vendors. I'm assuming once they arrive, GB orders will be fulfilled and any extras will be posted for sale on each vendors website. For further specifics, you'll have to contact your local vendor.

More
𓆣 Vendors have received GMK keycaps, RAMA trays, RAMA Esc keys
𓆣 Orders without deskmats or RAMA Enter keys being fulfilled; RAMA Enter keys still in transit to vendors

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 19:08:51 »
Hello everyone,

Some vendors have received their RAMA Enter keys and others have not. Furthermore, some vendors were going to order deskmats and others were going to cancel deskmats from orders. Consider reaching out to your local vendor for further clarification.

I appreciate everyone's patience throughout this project. There were a few hiccups and unfortunately everything did not go according to plan. Nonetheless, I want to express my gratitude to everyone involved in this project. Furthermore, I want to thank all of my supporters. Truthfully, I did my best to design and deliver a product that you all could enjoy. Although I am dissatisfied with how many difficulties and obstacles we had to overcome, a slight smile does appear on my face knowing that many of you who supported me and this design are holding my art in your hands.

As the great ancient kingdom of Egypt came to an end, so has this keycap set. The Field of Reeds awaits us all. Do not confuse it for the end, for it is not - it is a transition to the next part in our journey. This concludes the buy for GMK Aegyptus, thank you all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2023, 19:18:20 by savageastr0naut »