geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

[WIP] GMK Twilight

(1/1)

Retto:

Backstory
Hai, I have some ideas for my first custom keyboard, It's called GMK Twilight.

I still need your opinion, Because this is my first set.
And still, many things to do.

Signature
--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113942.0][img width=422 height=120]https://imgur.com/Afw1fJT.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

Fraaaan:
The kitting is the only thing I can currently comment on because there's really not much else.

6u spacebars are too niche to have in the base kit. Make a separate spacebar kit with them and more bars for Alice support, 3u bars and such. The blank r2 1.5u is missing the backspace legend, I assume. Not sure what r3 Insert is for. You're missing an F13 and an extra B in the base kit (although the extra B can also be in the spacebar kit). And most importantly, you're completely missing ISO layout support.

Work on the kitting, make some novelties and get some renders done so you can get an actual IC going.

Also since you chose GMK as your manufacturer you're going to have to hide the inspiration because of GMK's intellectual property policy.

Retto:

--- Quote from: Fraaaan on Sat, 24 July 2021, 18:35:45 ---The kitting is the only thing I can currently comment on because there's really not much else.

6u spacebars are too niche to have in the base kit. Make a separate spacebar kit with them and more bars for Alice support, 3u bars and such. The blank r2 1.5u is missing the backspace legend, I assume. Not sure what r3 Insert is for. You're missing an F13 and an extra B in the base kit (although the extra B can also be in the spacebar kit). And most importantly, you're completely missing ISO layout support.

Work on the kitting, make some novelties and get some renders done so you can get an actual IC going.

Also since you chose GMK as your manufacturer you're going to have to hide the inspiration because of GMK's intellectual property policy.

--- End quote ---

Ok thanks A lot man
I'll improve this post and the kit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version