Author Topic: A thank you :)  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Darkside

A thank you :)
« on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 13:51:03 »
Greetings!

I was recently fortunate enough to have won some gifts from two incredibly generous members here and I just wanted to make a little thread to show my appreciation, I hope that's ok!

A huge thank you to demik and nickheller! xoxox

Started this keyboard hobby back in 2014, but my entire collection has consisted of a blank HHKB and a couple of HKP Fn keycaps. :)) It's really cool to see my tiny collection finally grow a bit more, and it's all thanks to you two!

There are so many great people in here GH, so I'm gonna work on lurking less and interacting more with you all. (I've been registered here for almost two years now with only 21 posts to show for it haha)

Anyway, thanks again for helping this keyboard noob out! :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: A thank you :)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 13:57:34 »
Congrats! No shame in taking things slow (in fact that's probably far better than the other extreme :)) ), but it's great to see the collection grow a bit.  :)

Hopefully we'll still see you around in another couple years.  ;)

Offline Darkside

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 14:11:51 »
Thank you! You're probably right, I've seen a few people come into the mech kb community full force only to grow bored a few months in because they bought everything they wanted. I definitely see myself enjoying this hobby for many more years. :D Or at least until I somehow get a Topre Mint Gum or Milk Blue CC. Those two are so cool. >.<

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:35:06 »
YOURE WELCOME.

WHATABURGER STILL SUCKS :P
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Darkside

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:47:16 »
YOURE WELCOME.

WHATABURGER STILL SUCKS :P
go to heck

Offline Darkside

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:49:47 »
btw, did you ever try Bubba's?

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:50:36 »
You're welcome, try not to annoy too many people with the keychain  :))

Offline Darkside

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 15:58:16 »
You're welcome, try not to annoy too many people with the keychain  :))
Haha, this actually already happened! I was clicking it non-stop and sister got annoyed. A few hours later I find her clicking away at it and tells me it feels cool. :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:58:51 »
Happy thread needed for a change :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ