geekhack Community > Off Topic

Keyboard Story at school

(1/2) > >>

Sintpinty:
I remember earlier on one day on my lunch break i was playing a fun little game called "typeracer." I was doing it on a clicky, rubber dome keyboard(obviously because my school can't afford mechanical, and neither can i) and was typing very fast, easy sentences against my opponent.
"Bang.Bang. Clack clack clack" My keyboard went as i rapidly typed the sentences on the screen as fast as i can. Suddenly, a teacher walks into the room, and notices my typing noises. She replys with:
"excuse me, can you type a bit quieter please? There are students here working and they cannot be distracted."
"i'm not trying to distract them, this is just the way that i type."
I continued typing, but this time a bit more quieter. I did not like this as typing more quieter hinders my speed and thus makes me slower. I needed to find a way to get past my opponent and eventually beat them.
To sum it up, it was not fun. I do not like people asking me to type quietly.

tp4tissue:
those $5 dome boards on amazon are the quietest boards around, more quiet than Topre silent edition.

The caps are extra thin and low density plastic so they almost don't clack.

treeleaf64:
for me when i still went to high school  friends would crowd aroudn me to see my monkeytype score

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
good job mr. treeleaf

SilitekModder:
My university has the new horrible Dell chiclet keyboards. The spacebar rattles and squeaks almost as loud as a clicky switch, but much worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version