geekhack Community > Keyboards

How might i like Kaihua speed silver for typing?

(1/6) > >>

typo:
I set my R2's to the highest actuation and I do not like to bottom out. that is why I like Cherry blacks and clears. The Kaith actually is heavy at the end of travel AFAIK. I have heard it is possible to barely touch it and never bottom out if one is careful? It says for gaming but it sounds right up my alley for my typing style. Do you think I would quickly tire of it or might really like them? I am just asking because I am looking at a fantastic deal on a Korean custom that has them. I mainly use my one board, but more is better right? I seriously do intend to use it though not collect dust. so it does need to work for me. Can people type on these or are they just for gaming? I also noticed the speed is 70 million cycles and the other Kaithes are 80 million. is that just mincing tomato's already? I am not young so I imagine at this point either out lives me. I don't think I ever even hit 50 million on a Cherry switch. I am not entirely sure. I have had some fail but I doubt because I passed their lifespan. anyways I am more concerned given my typing style I describe if I might like these things? Since I love this keyboard and IMO he is offering me to give it away. Since according to him no one else likes these switches. That makes me wary though. Thank you

rxc92:
Typing is much, much better on the lowest actuation point. It increases your accuracy significantly, I'd say you should check that out before trying to get a whole new keyboard.

typo:
That is strange. I prefer the highest.  I just wanted this because he will give it to me real cheap. I was not sure the silver was actually usable?

typo:
Well, I figured I better jump on it regardless. I got a built TX87SE V2 with the Kaith silvers and Vortex PBT double shot for $225 +25 shipping. I figured it was worth $250 any way you cut it unless he somehow has destroyed it which he said it is in like new condition. That was a heck of a deal. In fact not only do I not think those switches are bad I probably will like them. I was watching a bunch of typing demos before I got it. I like keys so if you sneeze they register. I also do not like bottoming out. Of course I will still mainly use my board I shall not mention lest the trolls show up.

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: typo on Tue, 18 February 2020, 02:02:19 ---Well, I figured I better jump on it regardless. I got a built TX87SE V2 with the Kaith silvers and Vortex PBT double shot for $225 +25 shipping. I figured it was worth $250 any way you cut it unless he somehow has destroyed it which he said it is in like new condition. That was a heck of a deal. In fact not only do I not think those switches are bad I probably will like them. I was watching a bunch of typing demos before I got it. I like keys so if you sneeze they register. I also do not like bottoming out. Of course I will still mainly use my board I shall not mention lest the trolls show up.

--- End quote ---

Wait you like speed silvers? i mean they're better than reds and feel similar to mx browns. They're meant for fast typists and it makes me feel like i am in control vs mx reds which are so sensitive .. ugh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version