Author Topic: Ergo pro missing keystrokes?  (Read 60556 times)

Offline Gerk

Ergo pro missing keystrokes?
« on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:12:22 »
Tried searching for this but haven't found anything.  One of my two ergo Pro boards is starting to have serious issues missing keystrokes in certain areas.  The board is not dirty or anything and sometimes unplugging-re-plugging the USB resolves the issue (for a while).  It's the upper right area, specifically 6 7 8 9 0 - = and the function keys above this.  Mac OSX 10.10.5 currently, but I have the same issues if I plug the board into other machines.

I've reached out to support and waiting to hear back from them, but I wanted to check in to see if anyone else was having similar issues or not.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline jeffsui

Re: Ergo pro missing keystrokes?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 19:59:53 »
Its possible you have a bad switch.  I had a bad key and MATIAS swapped the board out for me.  It worked most of the time. 

Offline Gerk

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:43:03 »
Its possible you have a bad switch.  I had a bad key and MATIAS swapped the board out for me.  It worked most of the time. 

Yes I'm suspecting it's more than a single bad switch though as it's getting worse for a whole block of keys, just waiting on the new shipment to come in, they are going to swap out the board for me.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Gerk

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 10:51:20 »
And funny enough I eventually did get that particular board replaced under warranty (which was great), but now I have similar issues with both my main Ergo pro keyboards which are long past their warranty. I will open another thread about this but thought it was worth following up on this one since I seem to be the only person here that reported these kinds of issues!