Author Topic: Any feels this is suspicious?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Any feels this is suspicious?
« on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 13:45:39 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121323152286?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm window shopping again, and I see the above keyboard. Corsair K95.

Note that the main picture is extremely blur.

Seller doesn't have much feedback.

His camera or the lighting conditions aren't to blame. As you can see, most of the photos are actually quite clear. Just the main photo is blur as heck.

What I suspect, is that it's not New Other and 'Rarely used'. It's heavily used with badly worn keycaps. Seller has already shown us he's ethics challenged, by calling the keyboard 'new other' when he also admits it's used, lacks a box, etc.

Still, anyone who wants to try his luck, please feel free to go ahead. Starting bid $59. I ain't gonna be part of the action. And please don't put this in great finds. I think it's too risky.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
Re: Any feels this is suspicious?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 14:11:57 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121323152286?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

His camera or the lighting conditions aren't to blame. As you can see, most of the photos are actually quite clear. Just the main photo is blur as heck.

What I suspect, is that it's not New Other and 'Rarely used'. It's heavily used with badly worn keycaps. Seller has already shown us he's ethics challenged, by calling the keyboard 'new other' when he also admits it's used, lacks a box, etc.

Still, anyone who wants to try his luck, please feel free to go ahead. Starting bid $59. I ain't gonna be part of the action. And please don't put this in great finds. I think it's too risky.

well, I would say his keys are probably shiny. 

Ask seller for a better pic of the keys.  Especially WASD and space bar.

If he's honest, he will post or send better pics.  If he refuses, then he's just another ebay doucher.  There are plenty more where he came from.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 14:28:07 »
reminds me of MS Window's posts

Just ask for better pics and see if he/she delivers.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline System32

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 14:28:43 »
The keys look mostly fine in the second and last picture. If you're that concerned though I'd just message him asking for a clearer picture of the keys

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 14:31:19 »
i think its taking advantage of noobs because he posted good pics of the less used areas and the main area was super crap

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 23:23:26 »

well, I would say his keys are probably shiny. 

Ask seller for a better pic of the keys.  Especially WASD and space bar.

If he's honest, he will post or send better pics.  If he refuses, then he's just another ebay doucher.  There are plenty more where he came from.

He comes from Saint Paul. Normally what do you call that kinda guy? A Saint-Paulian? A Saint? A resident of Heaven?

So you want to say that there's more ebay douchers from the Saints? And that coming from a New Yorker?   :)) [When I was growing up, and that was decades ago, New York was like this Metropolis of Crime, this gotham-like hell.]

I notice someone has bid. At $59 it definitely is still ok since you can always swap out the keycaps for your favorite customs. But I'm guessing with so many noobs loving Corsair, auction will end at over $95 and some noob out there is gonna be disappointed.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.