Author Topic: [IC] Alpine Winter - Alps 60% DCS - GB is Live!  (Read 46309 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
[IC] Alpine Winter - Alps 60% DCS - GB is Live!
« on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 22:59:34 »
The Alpine Winter group buy is now live!

Following on the heels of Badwrench's Alps GB success (man does it feel good to say that), I wonder if we've got enough momentum now for a successful Alps 60% full set buy. The aim of this set is full 60% compatibility in a single kit. This includes Dell AT101(W), AEKII, and Infinity Hacker layouts. I also really want these to work with Badwrench's modifiers for mixing and matching, so the keys will be DCS profile with Cherry font legends in a colorway that compliments BX teal blue. The set includes modifiers with the same Alps icon as the Badwrench mods (special thanks to nubbinator for permission to use the 1.25x Alps key).

Colors are BGA and GTL.

Remember, this is an interest check. Nothing is set in stone at this point, except for the non-negotiable stated goals of maximum layout compatibility, and colors that work with Badwrench's modifiers.

Let me know if I missed any important keys for compatibility's sake. And of course, let me know if you're interested!

Some previous colorway ideas, for posterity
More
The first iteration of BGA/GTL, with BX teal modifier legends.

Badwrench's suggestion (similar to Hyperfuse):

My [misguided] original colorway idea, for discussion context:

The colors pictured are SP ABS colors YL yellow with black legends for the alphas, and RDA purple with--you guessed it--BX teal blue legends for the modifiers. These colors were chosen because yellow and purple complete a color wheel triad with cyan/teal.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:06:00 by njbair »

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
Re: [IC] Alps 60% DCS Full Set
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 23:07:21 »
BTW, here's how this set might look with Badwrench's modifiers:

« Last Edit: Sat, 29 August 2015, 12:39:49 by njbair »

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 23:07:57 »
interested in the buy depending on the final price and colors.  Ofc there are lots of factors but I would be interested in f keys numpad and arrow keys as well.  I very well know that this is likely not a reasonable request.  Just figured it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 23:41:53 »
Those colors really aren't my cup of tea and I doubt I'd be in despite my love of Alps.

Still not my cup of tea, but I'd look at YCE instead of YL. YCE seems to work better with BX, RDE, and ROA:

Offline E3E

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:24:59 »
Yellow and purple. LSU colors, heheh. I like the orange, but I'm not much a fan of the purple mixing with it. I'm not a fan of yellow and purple either, even less so, though it'd make a great college team keyboard--but I'm not into football or watching sports.

Just my opinion, no shots fired! :P

Despite that, I'm still in because having a full set of custom DCS Alps caps would be groundbreaking.

EDIT: I'm sure this set can be reworked to satisfaction for everyone though! I wanted to go with blue (modifiers) and white for my Infinity build, personally, but that might seem too bland for a custom set on its own, considering most Alps boards have white or beige caps. Blue and orange (with black legends) would be pretty awesome. I think the shade of orange you've selected is a good choice. Heck, if you want to do a full set here, perhaps something like creamsicle with white and orange would be nice. The purple is just rubbing me the wrong way. The colors are too strong and start to clash with my eyes when you put them all together. I like purple mixed with other colors, like white, or a light "gentle" green, but this is LOUD.

In my humble opinion, I think white, orange, and the blue chosen for the Infinity modifier set would look really sick together. Blue/orange/white is a color combination I have always loved.

Note that I'm not trying to speak for everyone. :P
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:37:52 by E3E »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:45:02 »
Thanks njbair for getting this going.  I see where you are going with your colors, but I too prefer the YCE yellow as it is a bit softer. 

This was my original hope for adding alphas (from before hyperfuse was done again  :rolleyes: ):
109438-0

Colors are GTL and RDE.  I prefer my alphas to be a shade of grey or white, with a complementing color or 2 in the modifiers/text. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline E3E

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 01:02:48 »
Thanks njbair for getting this going.  I see where you are going with your colors, but I too prefer the YCE yellow as it is a bit softer. 

This was my original hope for adding alphas (from before hyperfuse was done again  :rolleyes: ):
(Attachment Link)

Colors are GTL and RDE.  I prefer my alphas to be a shade of grey or white, with a complementing color or 2 in the modifiers/text.

I definitely agree with white or grey alphas.  :thumb:

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 02:19:03 »
I vaguely remember seeing something about dyeing ABS recently. Like somebod successfully dyed their ABS caps using some new kind of dye or something. Am I imagining things? If true, it could make BoW alphas a Very Good Thing (tm).
Either way, I'm in favour of white or light neutral coloured alphas.
Not a fan of purple (sorry CPT!) But since I (almost) already have the BX mods I guess if the mods are purple I don't need to use them.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 05:42:17 »
I'm going to say that like nubbinator, I can't get down with the current colors. Not into yellow.

I'm really interested in a full DCS set though

And yes zombimuncha, you can dye caps

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 06:37:59 »
I'm going to say that like nubbinator, I can't get down with the current colors. Not into yellow.

For sure you can dye PBT, but ABS is a different matter (literally and figuratively!) I did a quick search (google-> site:geekhack.org....) for dyeing ABS but didn't get anywhere useful. Got link?
I'm assuming we're talking about ABS here. I don't know if SP does DCS profile in PBT, and anyway the Badwrench mods are ABS and it'd be good to match those.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 07:11:56 »
Whoops, that'll teach me to reply at like 0600. You're right, PBT can be dyed but ABS is trickier. Fohat.digs has tried it but ABS will deform at the boiling point of water.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 07:15:21 by CPTBadAss »

Offline E3E

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 07:12:48 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/35s4v5/guide_rit_dyes_new_dyemore_line_can_be_used_to/

If it can be used to dye legos, it can be used to dye caps.  :thumb:

For sure you can dye PBT, but ABS is a different matter (literally and figuratively!) I did a quick search (google-> site:geekhack.org....) for dyeing ABS but didn't get anywhere useful. Got link?
I'm assuming we're talking about ABS here. I don't know if SP does DCS profile in PBT, and anyway the Badwrench mods are ABS and it'd be good to match those.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 07:26:54 »
I like Badwrench's colorway the best.

I dimly remember SP not being able to do DCS spacebars with an Alps mount.  Am I incorrect?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 08:36:08 »
Thanks everyone for the replies.

As mentioned in the OP, I'm not married to the colors. I was going for something that hadn't been done before, but I think I now know why.

It sounds like so far people really like Badwrench's gray/purple idea:

I'm totally down with this, but is it too close to HyperFuse? Any other color suggestions?

Also, I do still have to look into SP's offerings for Alps spacebars. Right now that's a big question mark. I'm planning to call today.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:05:13 by njbair »

My boards:
More

Offline E3E

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:44:22 »
Don't mean to butt in, but I was thinking of schemes that could complement the Infinity DCS drop. I thought of this! Might not be everyone's cup of tea. BGA mods, WFK alphas, WFK legends on mods, BGA legends on alphas. I was also concerned about too many designs resembling others (like hyperfuse). xP

Second picture shows the layout with Infinity DCS mods.

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:47:39 by E3E »

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:53:55 »
It is good to see key cap sets for Alps/Matias-switch keyboards, but I do not like the originally proposed colors.

General preference: light-colored alphas with black, blue, or dark green legends; mods darker than the alphas. If the mods are going to have legends, they should be clearly visible; otherwise, I would prefer blanks.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:19:12 »
1) I like E3E's colours, with the white and darker blue

2) are those keys on the right an add-on kit? Can we add TKL Nav-cluster + Arrows in there, depending on price? I guess FKey row would add a lot but maybe without that row it wouldn't add too much $$$?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:26:54 »
Don't mean to butt in, but I was thinking of schemes that could complement the Infinity DCS drop. I thought of this! Might not be everyone's cup of tea. BGA mods, WFK alphas, WFK legends on mods, BGA legends on alphas. I was also concerned about too many designs resembling others (like hyperfuse). xP

Show Image

Show Image

I like this a lot. Just for fun, here's an Infinity mockup with GTL gray alphas:

1) I like E3E's colours, with the white and darker blue

2) are those keys on the right an add-on kit? Can we add TKL Nav-cluster + Arrows in there, depending on price? I guess FKey row would add a lot but maybe without that row it wouldn't add too much $$$?

1. It's not an add-on pack, this set will be all or nothing.

2. I'm sticking with a strictly 60% layout for cost reasons. There are a lot of folks with custom 60% Alps boards now, including the Infinity and the recent hasu/nubbinator buys, along with BlueNalgene's upcoming Alps Party buy. With these, I believe we have stronger numbers than ever before to support a 60% set. But paying for unused TKL keys would be a turnoff for all those potential buyers.

We're taking baby steps towards a full-set Alps future.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:31:36 by njbair »

My boards:
More

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:38:46 »
Edited: This will be a separate GB.

More
I am actually planning on doing an IC and GB on a full Alps set reproducing the Graphite colorway. Legends will be replaced with standard cherry. Side-print would be awesome but unlikely unless we get an awesome demand.

Photo by Reaper
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 17:37:28 by Lastpilot »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:44:58 »
I am actually planning on doing an IC and GB on a full Alps set reproducing the Graphite colorway. Legends will be replaced with standard cherry. Side-print would be awesome but unlikely unless we get an awesome demand.

Show Image

Photo by Reaper

YGPM

My boards:
More

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:48:45 »
109469-0

Just throwing it out there. TBN brown, NN black, with BX legends

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:54:17 »
(Attachment Link)

Just throwing it out there. TBN brown, NN black, with BX legends

TIL literally everyone is better at choosing colors than I am.

My boards:
More

Offline geniekid

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:02:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

I like this a lot. Just for fun, here's an Infinity mockup with GTL gray alphas:

Show Image
Show Image

I definitely like the gray alphas over the white alphas.  I would even push for a slightly darker gray.  These are all my personal opinions - I'll likely participate no matter what. 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:04:41 »
Graphite or those blue mockups would be amazing.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:51:32 »
I just got off the phone with Melissa at Signature Plastics and she gave me the lowdown on spacebars.

The good news is, we can get ABS spacebars in DCS profile in 6U, 6.2U, and 7U. The bad news is, the AEKII spacebar is 6.5U and that is not available. Fortunately, AEKII bottom row compatibility requires no extra keys besides the spacebar. So those wanting AEKII compatibility will get it, as long as they have an existing AEKII spacebar they can use.

In order to maximize compatibility with AEKII layouts, maybe we should aim for a shade of gray that matches the AEKII spacebar as closely as possible. Anyone with a set of AEKII caps and an SP color ring want to take a crack at this?

My boards:
More

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:55:50 »

+1  :thumb:

In order to maximize compatibility with AEKII layouts, maybe we should aim for a shade of gray that matches the AEKII spacebar as closely as possible.

So the rub here is that the AEKII had an ABS spacebar so the likelihood that anyone has a non-yellowed spacebar are pretty low. Lord knows mine is a horrific shade of yellow.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:57:31 »
AEKII spacebars are ABS so most AEKII spacebars out there are probably in varying shades of yellow and may not match well with whatever grey we decide on.  That's good news on the 6.25u DCS spacebars though!

EDIT:  Beaten by jbondeson.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:59:12 »

+1  :thumb:

In order to maximize compatibility with AEKII layouts, maybe we should aim for a shade of gray that matches the AEKII spacebar as closely as possible.

So the rub here is that the AEKII had an ABS spacebar so the likelihood that anyone has a non-yellowed spacebar are pretty low. Lord knows mine is a horrific shade of yellow.

Yeah but it's nothing a little retr0bright won't take care of. Besides, if you've bought the parts for an AEKII layout 60% board, you've already resigned yourself to using an original AEKII spacebar.

So it kind of stinks because we won't be able to offer a better alternative for AEKII users, but at least we can give them options for their other caps without adding any keys to this buy.

My boards:
More

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:29:27 »
That is awesome news about the spacebars!  Also, I do really like the current color mockup:

Very clean looking and would go great with the BX mods here and there. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:41:16 »
That is awesome news about the spacebars!  Also, I do really like the current color mockup:
Show Image

Very clean looking and would go great with the BX mods here and there.

Glad to hear! I do want to check with Lastpilot about his plans for Graphite. We obviously don't want to run both at the same time. But I don't want to wait too long on this buy because I think we've got a lot of good momentum in the Alps 60% sphere right now.

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:27:08 »
Alps noob alert!

Which 60% are we referencing when talking about AEKII support?  Or are those custom builds using the AEKII plate cut down to 60%?

I still only have the one Alps board (AEKII), and with it being a full size board I'm still on board with a 60% set, but wishing I had full support.  Obviously that would be (presumably) impossible, what with the weird sideways F-row, etc.  Is that why this is for only a 60% set? 

I guess I'm mostly curious why the scope of this buy is set to 60%, and also what will it take to get full size support (if at all)?  Apologies if this has been asked in another thread (I may have even asked myself :-[ ).

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:33:22 »
Oh wow, GMK-TA flashback! Those BGA mods looked dark blue on my desktop but now they're clearly green on my mobile. Anyone with a colour ring want to try to describe the colour (without using a photo, preferably)?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:34:33 »
Alps noob alert!

Which 60% are we referencing when talking about AEKII support?  Or are those custom builds using the AEKII plate cut down to 60%?

I still only have the one Alps board (AEKII), and with it being a full size board I'm still on board with a 60% set, but wishing I had full support.  Obviously that would be (presumably) impossible, what with the weird sideways F-row, etc.  Is that why this is for only a 60% set? 

I guess I'm mostly curious why the scope of this buy is set to 60%, and also what will it take to get full size support (if at all)?  Apologies if this has been asked in another thread (I may have even asked myself :-[ ).

Pretty much what it comes down to is, Alps boards are a lot less standard than MX, so full compatibility is a pipe dream. 60% compatibility is a lot easier to achieve.

This set targets the following boards:

• Infinity 60% (most notably, the Hacker layout with a 6U spacebar)
  • KBParadise V60 Matias Mini
  • The hasu/nubbinator AEKII boards from the recent GBs
  • BlueNalgene's upcoming "Alps Party 3* boards, which may be Dell AT101 layout or AEKII (still not sure which, possibly both)
  • Any other custom Alps 60% that follows a relatively standard layout.

The only thing that's not 100% covered with these caps is the stabilizer issue, but that will probably just require some custom-bent wires for some boards.

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:56:22 »
Pretty much what it comes down to is, Alps boards are a lot less standard than MX, so full compatibility is a pipe dream. 60% compatibility is a lot easier to achieve.

• BlueNalgene's upcoming "Alps Party 3* boards, which may be Dell AT101 layout or AEKII (still not sure which, possibly both)

The only thing that's not 100% covered with these caps is the stabilizer issue, but that will probably just require some custom-bent wires for some boards.

Thanks!  Kinda what I figured.  :-/  But makes complete sense, so that is fine.  :thumb:

Bummed I had no clue about that nubs/hasu board!  That sounds interesting.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet one of these days and just grab a V60.  :rolleyes:

At any rate, I'm interested in this set, particularly the Graphite replica.  :)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:10:18 »

Thanks!  Kinda what I figured.  :-/  But makes complete sense, so that is fine.  :thumb:

Bummed I had no clue about that nubs/hasu board!  That sounds interesting.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet one of these days and just grab a V60.  :rolleyes:

At any rate, I'm interested in this set, particularly the Graphite replica.  :)

BlueNaglene's IC is for hasu's same PCB from the last buy, with a plate that's either AEKII or Dell AT101 layout. So you haven't missed out totally.

My boards:
More

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:50:32 »
ALPS —  I'm in.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 16:40:10 »
I am most def. interested!

Offline E3E

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:57:16 »
1) I'm REALLY happy to see that my mock-up ideas were well-liked. I never used the layout editor before now, but I had ideas I really wanted to express. :D

2) I'm happy to see details from everyone's design implemented in the current overall mockup! Community feedback is the coolest part about a custom keyset!

3) Oh god, I need this in my life. Hooray for the Alps 60% IC! Let's make this happen! :thumb: Also definitely nice to see others like LastPilot working on plans for Alps caps too! I'm hopeful for a brighter Alps future.

Just to note:  I'm really liking the current iteration with the grey alphas. I personally like higher contrast legends on the modifiers, with grey on BGA for example, but I do understand why you would choose BX in order to match Badwrench's Infinity DCS modifiers. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:19:33 by E3E »

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:21:21 »
I bought in the TaiHao set for my V60, I would love to join but I already got Dolch on its way.

Hope this goes well!
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:39:48 »
1) I'm REALLY happy to see that my mock-up ideas were well-liked. I never used the layout editor before now, but I had ideas I really wanted to express. :D

2) I'm happy to see details from everyone's design implemented in the current overall mockup! Community feedback is the coolest part about a custom keyset!

3) Oh god, I need this in my life. Hooray for the Alps 60% IC! Let's make this happen! :thumb: Also definitely nice to see others like LastPilot working on plans for Alps caps too! I'm hopeful for a brighter Alps future.

Just to note:  I'm really liking the current iteration with the grey alphas. I personally like higher contrast legends on the modifiers, with grey on BGA for example, but I do understand why you would choose BX in order to match Badwrench's Infinity DCS modifiers. :)

Thanks for chiming in! We've come a long way from my orange/purple monstrosity in just 24 hours and I'm much, much happier with where we're at with this design right now. I've been editing the OP all day to reflect the changes, but I hope I've kept enough context so that those who are just now seeing this can follow along and see how it's evolved so quickly.

I'm in touch with Lastpilot to make sure our respective buys are spaced out to ease the wallet hurt. But I think it's good that everyone who might get in on this buy knows there's a TKL (or possibly 104-key) set in the works as well. I don't want anyone to settle for 60% if that's not what they need.

My boards:
More

Offline E3E

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 07:25:20 »

Thanks for chiming in! We've come a long way from my orange/purple monstrosity in just 24 hours and I'm much, much happier with where we're at with this design right now. I've been editing the OP all day to reflect the changes, but I hope I've kept enough context so that those who are just now seeing this can follow along and see how it's evolved so quickly.

I'm in touch with Lastpilot to make sure our respective buys are spaced out to ease the wallet hurt. But I think it's good that everyone who might get in on this buy knows there's a TKL (or possibly 104-key) set in the works as well. I don't want anyone to settle for 60% if that's not what they need.

Haha, yes we have! The current design is real classy, but I love how quickly it evolved. I'm already super hyped for this to happen, though there's always a little doubt when it comes to Alps. I think the colorway is really attractive though, so it won't just be people joining this drop for the sake of having custom Alps caps, it'll be because they DIG it!  :thumb: The fact Badwrench's Infinity modifiers GB went through definitely gives me hope. Alps GBs will probably be more expensive than MX on any given day, but if that's the price we have to pay for it (literally, lol), then I'm down.

Both your and LastPilot's are something I'm look forward to. This one for my Infinity, and LP's likely for something like the Orion v2, which I have a thieving suspicion is a big motive behind LastPilot doing it, since I've been noticing that Orion v2 in his sig, haha.

Perhaps there'd be a Kingsaver compatibility pack in that GB too?  ;D Of course, that's all for another topic. :P

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:36:47 »
Now that's classy. I'll be keeping an eye on this GB. :thumb:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:05:04 »
I've noticed something every good GB has, is a catchy name. So I'm trying to think of one for this set. The colors are all on the cool side of the spectrum, and it's Alps, so I think something related to mountains, snow caps, or whatever...

I'm not super creative so I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

My boards:
More

Offline geniekid

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 13:54:04 »
Alpine Winter
Cloudy Sky
Skies and Seasalt
Ocean Wave
Tempest
Arctic Days
Winter is Coming :))

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:59:26 »
Alpine Winter
Cloudy Sky
Skies and Seasalt
Ocean Wave
Tempest
Arctic Days

I really like Alpine Winter. They're all better than what I could've come up with, but I like Alpine Winter the best. Lets see what everyone else comes up with.

My boards:
More

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 16:01:44 »
I've noticed something every good GB has, is a catchy name. So I'm trying to think of one for this set. The colors are all on the cool side of the spectrum, and it's Alps, so I think something related to mountains, snow caps, or whatever...

Current design:

Show Image

Business Yeti
Icebreaker
ALPengeiSt (might have been used for something already, don't remember)
Blue Crush
The A Scheme
Montego blue

Offline E3E

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 18:33:52 »
Alpine Winter and Tempest are my favorite. I also like Icebreaker and Alpengeist is cool but perhaps a bit too complicated.

Names I can think of are Alpine Altitude and Frigid, but eh.

To be honest, I think having a name that relates to something Alpine is a really good idea because of the set being designed for Alps switches.  :D

Alpine Winter
Cloudy Sky
Skies and Seasalt
Ocean Wave
Tempest
Arctic Days

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 19:14:33 »

Current design:

Show Image

Business Yeti
Icebreaker
ALPengeiSt (might have been used for something already, don't remember)
Blue Crush
The A Scheme
Montego blue

Business Yeti is maybe the best thing I've ever heard. However I don't know if it's a great name for this keyset.

Alpengeist is kind of cool. Although I had to look it up first.

My boards:
More

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 04:15:16 »
Alpsilicious
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 07:36:36 »
Alpsilicious

That just made me think of the name Alpsicle Ahaha. This is getting silly.