Author Topic: Year of the Snake  (Read 6014 times)

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Year of the Snake
« on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:39:32 »
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Year of the Snake
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:50:01 »
Sweet, not sure how I feel about that space bar though! :-\

Will this come in TKL as well, or 104 only?

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 13:55:41 »
Ducky's FB page states the LED Color is white whereas in other pictures they show the board with LEDs in various colors. Will it be strictly white LEDs with the only LEDs by the spacebar changing colors? Or will the whole board be able to go "rainbow?" I'm not sure if this was addressed as well, but is the whole case aluminum or just the top panel? The pictures on the FB page show the top panel in brushed aluminum while the base is black.

Apologies for the bombardment of questions ShakeR ;)

Offline ARod

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 21:07:12 »
Ducky's FB page states the LED Color is white whereas in other pictures they show the board with LEDs in various colors. Will it be strictly white LEDs with the only LEDs by the spacebar changing colors? Or will the whole board be able to go "rainbow?" I'm not sure if this was addressed as well, but is the whole case aluminum or just the top panel? The pictures on the FB page show the top panel in brushed aluminum while the base is black.

Apologies for the bombardment of questions ShakeR ;)

I had the same questions.  I do like the way the spacebar is done. 

Also, will we be able to place a pre-order once you know they are on their way in?
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 21:09:16 by ARod »

Offline ImperfectLink

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:34:16 »
Nice! Will be good for the non-TKL lovers here. Perhaps it will sell out little slower this time around.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 17:00:14 »
1) Yes, the entire board is White LED except for the RGB space bar lights.  This was, indeed, changed from the original idea of using 6 different LED colors (as much as I love white LEDs, I wish they would have stuck with the initial plan)
2) Just the top panel is aluminum.
3) We are working on doing something to allow pre-orders.  We hope to have it up before they actually arrive lol.  We won't offer pre-orders until we have everything lined up perfectly to accept them.  We want everyone's experience to be A+ every time they shop with us.  There are a slew of issues that can arise with Pre-orders and until we're 100% confident we're setup to deal with said issues, we won't be offering the service.  Luckily, it's quite rare that we have issues with same-day-selllouts.  Even low stock items last at least a few days on average, so don't sweat it too much :)

Offline ARod

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 16:18:47 »
Will it be offered with Clear switches?

Offline knotra

• I ญญญ♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 03:10:57 »
ETA?
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 04:51:26 »

Clear switches. Pretty please!

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:43:46 »
ETA?
It will be around the end of this month, give or take a week.  :))
Once they ship out, we will have a more precise ETA.

Unfortunately, no clear switches. Only black, blue, brown, and red.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline lyrill

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 01:49:52 »

not to thread jack, but my request about permanent scratches on my new Tex Beetle ordered the Friday it debut on your website has still been unanswered, along with the faded prints after one week use on the vortex black on black pbt keyset.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 01:50:13 »
ETA?
It will be around the end of this month, give or take a week.  :))
Once they ship out, we will have a more precise ETA.

Unfortunately, no clear switches. Only black, blue, brown, and red.
ditto

Offline lyrill

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 01:54:19 »

not to thread jack, but my request about permanent scratches on my new Tex Beetle ordered the Friday it debut on your website has still been unanswered, along with the faded prints after one week use on the vortex black on black pbt keyset.

then it sounds like I would have to consider that grey color g2pro..not that I hate grey, but I don't know if it's gonna come out looking vintage and nice or ugly when I do see it in person.

Dark greys sounds too heavy for my taste, I guess between that and clears, clears is a better choice.

But then I am still worrying about getting the funds for 2 white backlight keyboards, full+tkl. I have eyes on the currently available keycool (mk,com) and buying the pink shine 2 along with clear dye syb+maybe blue ptb dye syb on tigerimports--even if purchases there doesn't count as the drawing, I really don't have much faith in winning anymore..

Maybe I should just sell my rainbow keysets online..they are forcing me to spend more money...Q.Q

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:26:33 »

3) We are working on doing something to allow pre-orders.  We hope to have it up before they actually arrive lol.  We won't offer pre-orders until we have everything lined up perfectly to accept them.  We want everyone's experience to be A+ every time they shop with us.  There are a slew of issues that can arise with Pre-orders and until we're 100% confident we're setup to deal with said issues, we won't be offering the service.  Luckily, it's quite rare that we have issues with same-day-selllouts.  Even low stock items last at least a few days on average, so don't sweat it too much :)
I remember seeing somewhere else that you promised to make a big announcement if/when you were ready to implement a YotS Pre-Order -- it didn't say with how much notice/lead-time, though.  Will the notice come at least a few days before the Pre-Order goes live?  It would suck to miss it just because we didn't come to the forum / do anything keyboard-related for any random 1-2 day stretch.

On an unrelated note, was wondering if one of you could clarify something about the YotS/S3 boards.  Went to the official Ducky Shine3 page and saw this -->

DIP Switch Functions:
    Windows Key lockout
    Ctrl and Capslock swap
    Windows key and Alt swap
    DEMO Mode

That last Dip switch function used to be reserved for switching N-Key rollover from N to 6 for maintaining compatibility with Macs.  On your product page, it says NKRO and Mac Compatibility: Yes. 

Am I missing something?  Unless the N-to-6 switch was implemented somewhere topside with a Fn combo, it would seem Mac users are out of luck on this, no??

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 16:32:05 »

Did you send a message to support@mechanicalkeyboards.com or use our online contact form?  Either of these should get you a response in 0 -  2 business days.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 16:54:06 »

Did you send a message to support@mechanicalkeyboards.com or use our online contact form?  Either of these should get you a response in 0 -  2 business days.

yes, back in june 6th, no reply ever.
gonna send again

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 11:52:06 »
Lyrill, I'll get you sorted out. I emailed you a few mins ago.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline lyrill

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 17:30:50 »
Thanks, replied

Offline ARod

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 11:55:46 »
How many days before they arrive will they be up for for actual purchase?  The Shine 3 were up for a quite a bit before they arrived.  Or, will they be only made available for purchase after they arrive.  I definitely want the MX Black!

Also, saw on Facebook you have some TKL coming at end of month, that's great news!  Any hints on Mini?

Offline ARod

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 16:10:34 »
They're up for purchase.  One MX Blue left as far as I can tell.

Offline nintheking

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:00:56 »

Aaaand all the Blues are gone. I really wanted one ;___;

Offline ARod

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:11:47 »

Aaaand all the Blues are gone. I really wanted one ;___;

They lasted all of 4 hours. :D  Still have 5 Browns left though.

Offline ARod

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 14:45:04 »
Beautiful board.  To describe it as heavy would be a gross understatement.  Whoever machined the metal did a fantastic job.

36243-0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 14:55:53 »
What a beautifully obnoxious spacebar.
I love Elzy