Author Topic: Pbt keycaps  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Мятный

Pbt keycaps
« on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 00:38:18 »
Hello GeekHack! My name is Quanzitize and I have been in the keyboard scene for around 7 months now, in those times I have struggled to find a decent set of pbt keycaps that do not have many major faults besides Leopold caps which only usually come in 66% / 87% and I have a wkl 60%. Now I have tried EPBT but the warping is quite annoying and having to heat / boil keycaps just to stop an error that should not exist for a 70+ dollar keycap set is to me completely unacceptable. OG cherry doubleshots do exist but they have their rarity and I did blow most of my money on my most recent keyboard + I doubt they would have the exact caps I would need. Should I just go for abs plastic keycaps? I have ordered gmk Merlin which should arrive in a few months but I would rather have an alternative decent keycap set until then. I suppose I am going on too much on this, but to simplify my entire question what producer makes some decent pbt keycaps without many major errors like warping. Blanks do work too.

Offline lolafineday

Re: Pbt keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 00:43:41 »
Hello GeekHack! My name is Quanzitize and I have been in the keyboard scene for around 7 months now, in those times I have struggled to find a decent set of pbt keycaps that do not have many major faults besides Leopold caps which only usually come in 66% / 87% and I have a wkl 60%. Now I have tried EPBT but the warping is quite annoying and having to heat / boil keycaps just to stop an error that should not exist for a 70+ dollar keycap set is to me completely unacceptable. OG cherry doubleshots do exist but they have their rarity and I did blow most of my money on my most recent keyboard + I doubt they would have the exact caps I would need. Should I just go for abs plastic keycaps? I have ordered gmk Merlin which should arrive in a few months but I would rather have an alternative decent keycap set until then. I suppose I am going on too much on this, but to simplify my entire question what producer makes some decent pbt keycaps without many major errors like warping. Blanks do work too.
Join in on the recent infinikey pbt wob and bow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 15:41:14 »
Join in on the recent infinikey pbt wob and bow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Here’s the link: https://thekey.company/products/infinikey-bow-wob

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 11:40:48 »
All PBT sets have some kind of warping its hard to get it straight. Even CRP R2 has issues of the banana effect. With Epbt i didn't notice it much with my korean on red  key set but i think it differs for each set made.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline dabeshu

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 08:57:03 »
All PBT sets have some kind of warping its hard to get it straight. Even CRP R2 has issues of the banana effect. With Epbt i didn't notice it much with my korean on red  key set but i think it differs for each set made.

How does hammerworks compare to epbt? Just ordered a set from the current pre-order at dailyclack