Author Topic: Liberty with white space invaders  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Ogischer

Liberty with white space invaders
« on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 05:17:24 »
I got two of them from ebay a while ago and couldn't find any info. The model might be TK9000 (?) since one is labeled TK900009 and one TK900056, but they seem to be identical. Anyhow it has linear switches. According to the pics from http://sandy55.fc2web.com/keyboard/nmb_hitek_sw.html I would say they could be  NCD N-97 Linear.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Liberty with white space invaders
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 07:20:33 »
Cool, nice find :) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Ogischer

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 09:58:18 »
Thx! I even have another one that also has the same switches. It's a televideo, but I also don't know anything else about it (no number or anything on the back)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 17:25:23 »
I would be delighted if somebody figured out how to make these work.

I have a beautiful NIB Televideo branded straight-ANSI version with a RJ-11 plug (I think, it will fit in an RJ-45 socket but not seat properly).

Soarer's WYSE Converter will not do the trick, as far as I can tell. Mine is a lovely specimen and I would dearly love to be able to use it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Ogischer

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 August 2015, 02:45:58 »
Me too! I built a soarer's converter for an IBM Type 3488 (Model F isn't it ?) with an atmel 32u4.

Is the source code availible? In Soarers zip files I only saw .hex
If not maybe I'll try recompiling it.

I still have another 32u4 left, so I'd really like to try to get them working

Offline terrycherry

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 03:56:58 »
Ogischer: Nice found. Thanks for sharing these two keyboard. I have been searching for them 4days ago since I found the link from DT forum who shared the ebay link.

Your keyboard isn't called NCD N-97 Linear. They're not the same type of keyboard.
It should be Liberty Electronics, Inc. made keyboard, MODEL RT102. It's rare to see the RT-102 on net.

And your second keyboard is "Televideo 965 Enhanced PC keyboard" with (Linear)White two laugh eyes.
It might be made in 1990 and shown in the back of PCB if you can assemble it.
I'm wondering what switch under the "setup" keycap....

Could you show me the switches under the key of Break lock, Caps lock, Print screen and space bar?(I said these two keyboard)
It should has different variants on these two keyboard.
I have the Televideo keyboard series manual book and three types keyboard. Its said what pinout it has. I"ll post it to you very soon.
I haven't the experience of making the converter, so hope you can try it and teach me how to do this.
Looking for you reply soon.=]
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2015, 05:04:53 by terrycherry »