Author Topic: 【GB】F62-PE (three kits available still. Can be shipped immediately)  (Read 63009 times)

Offline f5runner

Hi all,

Listed here is the GB ordering for F62-PE, a keyboard case/PCB/plate kit (no type-c cable included) kit that will start production in a week. I have paid the down payments for 20 keyboards, and targeted to ship by end of August. For most detail about the keyboard please refer to the last group buy link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96650.msg2640362#msg2640362.

So far 13 spots is gone. Please make sure you fill out the whole address. I got response that only has street address, and that is problematic.

The most detailed look of the case is here: https://tysh310246.blogspot.com/2018/12/f62-pe.html which is in Chinese, but those are easy words for Google Translate.

GB period opens NOW until the 20th of August, or when the 20 spots are filled.

Key differences between this and the last GB are:
- There is only one plate option: a standard ISO/ANSI compatible aluminium plate due to the small order
- There is no silver and titanium versions. Only black and white
- Only the R2 of the board is on offer - meaning it has type-c daughter board in the middle.

Price:
390 USD
$30 of shipping and handling (this includes a box, packing and Stripe fee)
Extra PCB will cost $15 ea. Past GB owners of F62-PE can also purchase only the PCB. Please make sure yours is an R2 board as this won't work with R1 F62.
Various shipping fees according to SF Express

Previously listed IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100223.0

Rules:

1. All pre GB buys can only buy one set of kit
2. Each form response can send up to two colour options. e.g. (black, white). So if black is sold out, you will get an invoice for a white one.
3. Cerakote is gonna be in a special arrangement. First, it will be shipped to Hong Kong in raw aluminium, then it will be cerakoated. If it's a colour that the shop has on hand, it can be done within a week. If not, shipping of the cerakote material will take two weeks. Estimation of the cost is $200, but final cost will depend on the quote from the applier. You will get the first invoice for the keyboard to be shipped to HK, and then a second invoice before the cerakoting process starts.
4. Invoice will be issued as soon as the 20 spots are filled, and invoice not paid within a week will be nulled. Those on the 21st spots down will be sent an invoice if their preference match what's in stock
5. One keyboards of each type, a black and white, is reserved for return and exchange. Once everyone checks out what they got is what they ordered, those two will be sold as A or B stock, depending if there are returns.
6. Please note that the price will be $390 for the kit, which includes the case, an ANSI/ISO compatible plate, a DC60 PCB, hardware, and a break out USB board. Please note that cable is not included. You will need to pay $30 for handling and processing, plus shipping which would be included in the invoice according to the address you input. It will be the exact same price as what's listed on SF Express.
7. Should you want to order extra PCBs, they will cost $25 ea.

And finally, here's the link: https://forms.gle/1W57YtUM3m9CmbB18

FAQ according to IC

1. Would it be possible to have an HHKB/7U spacebar/split backspace layout?
No. It will only have one plate and PCB option as listed above.

2. What are the PCB options?
The kit will be equipped with a PCB same as the DC60, with a break out type-c USB board that you would have to solder onto the through-hole of the main PCB.

3. Will there be an R1 universal PCB option?
No, due to the small production number, I can't bargain with the CNC manufacturer. However, if you are VERY skilled with soldering, you can technically solder the break out board to any other PCB with standard Poker screw points. I would not recommend it and cannot guarantee that there are enough space in the case to cater to the cable.

4. What shipping courier will you be using?
All shipments will be delivered through SF Express. If your country is not on the shipping calculator page, please DM me and we can work it out.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2020, 01:35:24 by f5runner »

Offline f5runner

Re: 【GB】F62-PE - IBM Model F inspired keyboard kit
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 01:23:05 »
Please approve. Thanks.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 12:47:12 »
approval bump

Offline gaustin

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 15:19:08 »
This is actually one of the keyboards I’ve been interested in for a while. I just signed up for a black or white variant. Hope they’re still available!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 21:24:28 »
They are. Thanks for the support

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 08:33:05 »
Really wish I could join this but with 2 other recent GBs no money to spend... Good luck for the GB!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline f5runner

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 10:15:03 »
Yup. Thanks for the support. If I dun sell them all my wife will kill me lol

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 12:29:53 »
Yup. Thanks for the support. If I dun sell them all my wife will kill me lol

Very attractive board, with only 20 of them on tap I doubt you'll have an issue getting rid of them! If I had the extra cash I'd be keen on joining, but I'm tapped out on my KB funds for awhile right now unfortunately. Anyways GLWS!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 08:07:43 »
That's fine. Thanks for the support

Offline f5runner

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 08:15:12 »
Bump

Offline gaustin

Re: 【GB】F62-PE - IBM Model F inspired keyboard kit (accepting order)
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 23:11:09 »
How are the numbers looking so far f5runner? Did you get to 20?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 04:46:09 »
Well, my goal is to have 17 to get on board. One for me and two (one of each colors) for backup. Those 17 spots are filled, but I think some people may back out once I tell them about the shipping cost. For those where the shipping cost is more than 50 dollars I will try contacting them for using surface mail instead, which in some cases can be half the cost of using SF express, but can take up to four months. I will tally up those numbers and make changes. A Google sheet for invoice status will be created and the link will be posted here and the IC thread. Once everyone is fine with their keyboard, I will sell the two spots, one black and one white, as A stock or B stock. Thanks.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 12:21:41 »
Hi all,

I have some updates for you. I tallied up all the shipping locations and got a quote from SF Express. If the price is too expensive for you, a surface (read: snail speed) shipping is available, which would take about 4 months with tracking. Prices are listed below in USD:

1. America: 66
2. Australia: 74
3. Germany: 69
4. Singapore: 27
5. Korea: 27

For those who want just the PCB, the prices will be lower and will appear on your invoices. If you have questions or want a quote for surface mail instead, comment here or shoot a mail to me at ffive.work@gmail.com.

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 20:26:29 »
may i ask, i see that the form is still open? but its supposed to be open to 20th of august only?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 23:16:44 »
Yes, but there is still a spot if you want. Just fill it out. And if invoices fell through, you will be on the wait list.

Offline f5runner

Re: 【GB】F62-PE - IBM Model F inspired keyboard kit (Invoices sent)
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:29:45 »
Invoices sent. Please see the G Sheet for your ordering status (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_C8-xEV38BLFp23vNrx4Dm0cPc1JCqwFQTujxBbzh8/edit?usp=sharing). If you would like to order still, you will be wait-listed until one of the invoices are not paid before 2 September. Thanks.

Offline neon_tom

Re: 【GB】F62-PE (Invoices sent, still accepting waitlist orders)
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 07:12:15 »
Invoices sent. Please see the G Sheet for your ordering status (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_C8-xEV38BLFp23vNrx4Dm0cPc1JCqwFQTujxBbzh8/edit?usp=sharing). If you would like to order still, you will be wait-listed until one of the invoices are not paid before 2 September. Thanks.

You should really censor the email addresses

Offline fer.real

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 07:30:39 »

The invoice sent says it is due Sep 24, 2019.  Will my spot be given away if the invoice isn't paid by the 2nd?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 08:04:28 »

The invoice sent says it is due Sep 24, 2019.  Will my spot be given away if the invoice isn't paid by the 2nd?
Yes. I suppose I didn't set the invoice expiration correctly...

Offline f5runner

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 08:06:16 »

I could do that. Gimme a sec

Offline yaya

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 08:50:05 »
I ordered black, order shows black.  Invoice shows white...  can you confirm please?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 01:07:35 »
Hi all, I have updated the order status Excel. If you haven't seen your email on your sheet or haven't seen your paid status updated, please let me know. Thanks.

Offline fer.real

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 09:54:55 »
Bump.  Last day to pay your invoice.  Let's go!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 12:24:54 »
Yup. If not all the invoices are paid, I will just ship the rest of it to Hong Kong and sell it as retail. There will be a small fee for transferring to HK, which would cost about 15 dollars.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 20:55:22 »
The targeted ship date was end of August. Since we are still collecting payments now, do you have a new estimate ship date?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 21:47:05 »
The targeted ship date was end of August. Since we are still collecting payments now, do you have a new estimate ship date?
I can't speak for OP, but I believe this is being manufactured immediately after G60 has finished (a diff GB that I joined).
G60 is running behind schedule but should be done with CNC work by late September.
It would be a guess, but I'd say you're probably looking at around mid October to finish CNC work then you have ano + packaging + shipping

Offline f5runner

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 00:37:03 »
Last I heard was that the bottom case was done and the upper case is being machined now. I will let you guys know if there are updates

Offline f5runner

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 21:42:50 »
Hi all, I got some updates for you. For those who paid, the keeb is still underway. I got a screen cap chat proof that the delay is caused by the curved drill bit got issues and was late for a month from the vendor so far. The woes of dealing with bad vendors...

Well, I am a man of my words. If you think the delay is not something you can deal with, shoot me a DM or email and I will take the 3.4% stripe fee for a refund. Otherwise, I will keep you guys posted. I apologise for not bringing better news :sosad:

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:17:11 »
Hi all, I got some updates for you. For those who paid, the keeb is still underway. I got a screen cap chat proof that the delay is caused by the curved drill bit got issues and was late for a month from the vendor so far. The woes of dealing with bad vendors...

Well, I am a man of my words. If you think the delay is not something you can deal with, shoot me a DM or email and I will take the 3.4% stripe fee for a refund. Otherwise, I will keep you guys posted. I apologise for not bringing better news :sosad:

No worries! Risks like this were kinda expected given Alf's repuration and they are the only manufacturer for this board.

No refund needed from me and please keep the updates consistent!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:23:07 »

No worries! Risks like this were kinda expected given Alf's repuration and they are the only manufacturer for this board.

You bet. Again, I organized this GB because I want one. As eager about it as you guys are. Not spending a dime until it's all shipped.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:33:55 »

100% agree with this. You’ve been doing a good job so far with transparent communication and as long as that continues, I’m ok to wait.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 22:36:59 »
I actually got some vids of the CNC running for the bottom case. It's like two seconds but it's something #AForTryingToMakePeace. Comment if you wanna see it

Offline yaya

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 22:12:02 »
Why not, let's see it!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 22:44:58 »
Just keep us updated. As long as they update you and you update us, I’m cool with waiting

Offline f5runner

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder

Offline f5runner

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 18:09:01 »
Good news guys, the CNC process is done and sand blasting is underway. After that it will be anodizing, packing then shipping. Also, I ordered some extra PCBs for those who ordered it. After the first batch of shipment is completed, I will not accept any more orders for extra PCBs unless if there is an MOQ of 15.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 19:16:57 »
Great news  :thumb:

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 20:20:37 »
Good news guys, the CNC process is done and sand blasting is underway. After that it will be anodizing, packing then shipping. Also, I ordered some extra PCBs for those who ordered it. After the first batch of shipment is completed, I will not accept any more orders for extra PCBs unless if there is an MOQ of 15.

That was fast good stuff!

Offline f5runner

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 21:44:03 »
So far only 8 people paid for their F62-PE. If no one snatch those up, I will ship it all to Hong Kong and sell it as retail, but there would be a $20 increase in price due to shipping from China to Hong Kong, on top of the shipping cost from Hong Kong to wherever you are. Thanks.

Offline dwaalspoor98

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 02:51:34 »
So far only 8 people paid for their F62-PE. If no one snatch those up

I just filled the form, would like to have a black case with one additional PCB if possible (Just to be sure since this will me my first build).

Thanks for organizing this, I think this is the most beautiful keyboard case I have ever seen  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 September 2019, 03:27:59 by dwaalspoor98 »

Offline f5runner

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 September 2019, 09:20:34 »
Hi all. Got some news. Shipping is targeted to start after the Chinese Independence week. We (yes, we, I want one as well lol) should be expecting this in the second week in Oct. If anyone still want one, comment below or shoot me an email to ffive.work@gmail.com. Thanks.

Offline themillerdave

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 18:33:49 »
Hi all. Got some news. Shipping is targeted to start after the Chinese Independence week. We (yes, we, I want one as well lol) should be expecting this in the second week in Oct. If anyone still want one, comment below or shoot me an email to ffive.work@gmail.com. Thanks.

Sign me up for one if there are extras!  I just filled out the order form, just in case.

Offline f5runner

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 18:57:34 »
Oh yes. Gimme a sec I'll jot up an invoice

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:27:24 »
What's the timeline for cerakote boards?  Are they shipping raw aluminum cases to Hong Kong at the same time the anodized boards go?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:28:14 »
Yes, unfortunately. I will get you a quote as soon as they arrive

Offline f5runner

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 03:21:30 »
Hi all. The packaging materials arrived at the CNC facility. Packing will commence during the first week of Oct. If you still want one, let me know asap.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d8dc685d5f2a/20190927_162027_8880.mp4

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 08:46:02 »
any updates?

Offline f5runner

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 09:15:26 »
Hey, yes. CNC is done. There is a hold up with the PCB manufacturer. The cerakote keyboard will be shipped out Saturday and I will get a quote on it.

The rest of it will have to wait for the PCB. The manufacturer is not very cooperative, and I am willing to put in may own money to finish the PCB with another manufacturer if it needs be. If that's the case the demo phase and production will take 2-3 weeks from the guy I know and trust. Guy hand solder and hand check every board.

Alf promised me to get updates from the current manufacturer by this Sunday, and we will know more about it then.

Again, if any of you want a refund, let me know and I will process it the same day.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 09:22:14 »
Hey, yes. CNC is done. There is a hold up with the PCB manufacturer. The cerakote keyboard will be shipped out Saturday and I will get a quote on it.

The rest of it will have to wait for the PCB. The manufacturer is not very cooperative, and I am willing to put in may own money to finish the PCB with another manufacturer if it needs be. If that's the case the demo phase and production will take 2-3 weeks from the guy I know and trust. Guy hand solder and hand check every board.

Alf promised me to get updates from the current manufacturer by this Sunday, and we will know more about it then.

Again, if any of you want a refund, let me know and I will process it the same day.

Sounds good.  Keep us in the loop.  I kinda want you to just go with the guy you trust for the PCBs   Ghosting from the manufacturer stinks