Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1702017 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: DSA Retro Set (orders closed!)
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:21:53 »
What are you talking about Beast?  Sarcasm?  I just said my order does say USA.  And, where in the OP or the order form does "USA" even appear?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:22:21 »
Gotta read the fine print bro

I'll read *your* fine print, bro?

I dunno, that seemed better in my head.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #502 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:28:31 »
About 1500 keycaps, + ~$110 to Vietnam... May I have an explaination?
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:40:40 by jil_jil32 »

Offline Larken

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:29:05 »
mine jumped by about 70 over bucks. I lowered the number of blanks I purchased and it went down to a 34 bucks increase. International order. Seems like the number of keycaps does matter.

Original count, around 200 caps.
After lowering my order, 15x caps. I didn't want to decrease my order if I could help it, but more than a 40 dollars increase in shipping for 40 odd more blanks just didn't make sense. 34 is still acceptable to me, though a little higher than what I expected.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:49:10 »
I remember in the order forum, if you didn't put USA, it was assumed that it was international so thus the $33 charge

Read it bro. Got USA in the address bro. Still wondering where $20 extra is going bro.
 :D
edit: Must have got over the single shipping box limit... bro
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:50:46 by ApocalypseMaow »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:50:24 »
I remember in the order forum, if you didn't put USA, it was assumed that it was international so thus the $33 charge

Read it bro. Got USA in the address bro. Still wondering where $20 extra is going bro.

Brobably to cure Bro's disease, brah.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:51:29 »

lulz

Brobably to cure Bro's disease, brah.

Offline jabar

« Reply #507 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 00:16:33 »
should I keep any of the mod kits? I'm iffy about them because the mod coverage by TKL Plum is pretty good, and the mods are only in brown (and lime).
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #508 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 00:46:41 »
So with a bit of trial and error and a spreadsheet, I've discovered that the cut-off point between ~$30 shipping and ~$60 shipping to Canada is at exactly 158/159 keys respectively. This is assuming that all keys (including spacebars) count as one key, and that I haven't miscounted the number of keys in the kits I ordered. Feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake here.

Extended Alpha Kit - 58 keys
Plum Mod Kit - 53 keys
Numpad Kit - 26 keys
(This leaves me 21 keys left to get spacebars/blanks/others if I want to stay in the ~$30 shipping range)

I hope this helps someone else out.
Again I'd like to give a huge thanks to Matt3o for his excellent GB software that allows us to figure these things out without pestering him too much! :)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 01:10:03 »
So with a bit of trial and error and a spreadsheet, I've discovered that the cut-off point between ~$30 shipping and ~$60 shipping to Canada is at exactly 158/159 keys respectively. This is assuming that all keys (including spacebars) count as one key, and that I haven't miscounted the number of keys in the kits I ordered. Feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake here.

Extended Alpha Kit - 58 keys
Plum Mod Kit - 53 keys
Numpad Kit - 26 keys
(This leaves me 21 keys left to get spacebars/blanks/others if I want to stay in the ~$30 shipping range)

I hope this helps someone else out.
Again I'd like to give a huge thanks to Matt3o for his excellent GB software that allows us to figure these things out without pestering him too much! :)
Bravo Sir!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #510 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 02:59:25 »
what better than a good dose of forum flame in the morning when you wake up? :)

The math may be off, but before complaining please consider and verify the following:
- shipping is included! We are using flat box rates that are pretty expensive but they are tracked.
- we are ordering 1% more keycaps to cover: 1) errors and broken caps, it may happen. Valentine GB got 9 errors over 100 kits sold and if that happens we want to give you a replacement fast, 2) USPS lost packages
- wrapping material
- a very small security buffer to cover contingencies (we don't want samwisekoi to lose money)
- 2.9% + 0.30 paypal fees. this is added at the very end
- cancelled orders. someone may not pay and a tier might go down. this is unfortunate but we have to cover that.

There's no profit for me nor samwisekoi. If we end up with more money than expected (close to impossible) we are going to reinvest in the community (custom keys, SP molds for everyone to use, donations to GH/DT, whatever).

The algorithm to calculate the final price is pretty complex and takes into consideration not only your order, but your order in a whole. This means that I'm redistributing small expenses through all orders. The % of redistributed amount is minimal, the bad part is shipping.

I'm perfecting the algorithm and final cost may lower. For example I just checked Canada shipping rates and they are slightly lower (20/41 instead of 24/60), so I'm going to rectify that.

Also I've been said that small box fits 170 keys only but others are saying that it can fit more. So we have to verify that.

Please be patient, don't flame, we are not making a profit on this, we want all to be happy :) point me to what you think is a wrong value, I'll check it out. Wait before cancelling your order until the prices are frozen.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 03:22:03 by Matt3o »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #511 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 03:10:16 »
what better than a good dose of forum flame in the morning when you wake up? :)

Please be patient, don't flame, we are not making a profit on this, we want all to be happy :) point me to what you think is a wrong value, I'll check it out. Wait before cancelling your order until the prices are frozen.

Matt3o this is essentially Geekhack to a tee.  But like all other GB's this is only the beginning of the pricing structure, hence more refinement is required.

I fully expect to pay heaps for it, hence I'm not going anywhere because where else am I going to get these babies?  :))

Offline wasabah

« Reply #512 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 03:31:42 »
Until when can we edit the order?
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #513 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 03:34:36 »
Until when can we edit the order?

I'd say tomorrow night GMT (we also have to get the final quote from SP).

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #514 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 03:39:47 »
+ $75,18

At first it sounded like much but considering it includes $60 for shipping I'm fine with that. :)
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #515 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 04:18:03 »
iirc OTD made a DSA set with stepped caps lock with window in DSA profile, any reason why its in DCS?

Are you sure it was DSA and not SA? SP told me that they don't have tooling for off center keys in DSA.

Source: http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=album&wr_id=137752

Source: http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=album&wr_id=24344&sca=%EC%A0%9C%ED%92%88%2F%EC%A0%95%EB%AC%BC&sfl=wr_subject&stx=356&page=8
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 04:22:24 by tsangan »
Keyboardless

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 04:21:07 »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 04:22:44 »
So left stemmed stepped capslock will be in DSA and not DCS profile?
Keyboardless

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #518 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 04:35:05 »
So left stemmed stepped capslock will be in DSA and not DCS profile?

I need a release from the current tooling owner... crossing fingers.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #519 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 04:37:39 »
Alright keep us filled in! A DCS stepped caps would be very weird

I also remember it being on sale from SP themselves not too long ago they didnt have enough quantity for me to build an entire 87/84 keyset though
Keyboardless

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #520 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 05:49:51 »
there would be an alternative... have everyone pay a fixed rate of $27.30 for shipping. I know this is controversial :P so I didn't implement that.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #521 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 06:18:04 »
My order bumped up a bit (maybe $20~) and I'm fine with it. Not a big deal.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #522 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 06:41:55 »
My order bumped up a bit (maybe $20~) and I'm fine with it. Not a big deal.

check it a couple of minutes :P

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #523 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 07:13:03 »
Final cost updated

I've set a small box to 200 keys (of various sizes) and updated shipping to Canada.

Please review, this is hopefully very close to the real thing.

We have a very very small margin of error. This mean that all of you have to pay or the system collapses :P

Consider that you'll have only 1 week to pay, if you think you can't make it, cancel your order now.

My suggestion, especially for international orders, is to take as many keys as possible until you see a big bump in the final cost. The bump is most likely due to shipping expenses.

Of course if you can merge orders with one or more friends it's easier for us and cheaper for you. But payment must come from just 1 paypal account.
PS: the system to calculate shipping is pretty complex if you want to merge two or more orders PM me and I'll help you out.

IMPORTANT
- mod175 and modextra won't be ordered and are not counted in your total because they didn't reach a decent tier
- to the blanks cost consider that we added 0.05 per key for sorting (SP expenses)
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 07:38:08 by Matt3o »

Offline wasabah

« Reply #524 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 07:36:23 »
Anybody from Germany with up to only 100 keys who wants to combine shipping?
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 08:18:42 »
All good here matt3o! Forgot I almost doubled  my order and it wouldn't fit in one box. ;D
Sorry about bumming you out first thing in the morning. :p

Offline sicaine

« Reply #526 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 08:30:38 »

I will get around 130 keys.

Would it be cheaper if you send all keys for germany to germany and we redistribute it here?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #527 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 08:37:33 »

Would it be cheaper if you send all keys for germany to germany and we redistribute it here?

if shipping from DE to DE is say 10 and you have 4 people joining:

60 / 4 = 15 + 10 = 25
25 < 60

cheers :P

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #528 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:07:53 »

if shipping from DE to DE is say 10 and you have 4 people joining:

60 / 4 = 15 + 10 = 25
25 < 60

cheers :P

I think that was a "yes".

Seriously, you have no idea -- and neither did we -- how complicated the shipping and cost calculation really is.  Over the past several days, Matt3o, me, more experienced GB-sponsors and not one but two tax professionals have been working on these calculations for something like six hours per day.  Then Matt3o puts it into code and the results pop out.

We don't have the DSA keys here yet (obviously) but we have lots of other keys.  And we have a few DSA keys.  So we weighed them to estimate that, I personally placed sample volumes of keysets into actual USPS flat-rate boxes, and did everything we could do to ensure that (a) everyone would actually get their keycaps and (b) the organizers wouldn't be left with a big financial hole.

Also, the order form and many of Matt3o's posts contained the message that the numbers were the raw numbers from SP before any of the other costs.  Since we know that PayPal adds fees, SP adds sorting fees and freight, packing supplies aren't free, some people will have to pay Sales Tax, and somehow the keycaps have to be sent around the planet, perhaps it was a mistake to use a lower-than-possible cost  in the pricing page.  This exposed all of the actual extras that make this non-profit event seem to be expensive.

Also, I've already stated that we have to work out special costing and payment for large orders, including, for example, vendor shipments to Vietnam.  We will do so, but in the meantime, the pricing calculation treats those as enormous personal orders.  They won't be.

This is apparently the downside of transparency.  Nobody on this end is trying to make money or lose money. We are trying to get spiffy keycaps custom-made and shipped to enthusiasts around the globe safely and quickly.

Sorry for the rant and good morning all!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #529 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:16:05 »
oh man.. missed it..:(

When is next round???
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #530 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:30:44 »
If anyone wants to back out/sell some extras I need the following:

Kit 1: Extended Alpha
Kit 2: Brown TKL
Kit 4: Numpad
Kit 6: C64 Notalgia -- Will buy the whole set or just the RUN STOP key
Kit 7: 1.0 mods -- only need a few keys but will buy the whole set.
Kit 12: Extra Keys -- will buy the whole set or just the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys
6 Units DSA Spacebar
6 Units DCS Spacebar

I need to be able to get all of them at one time due to the funky nature of the Deck Legend layout.  Maybe multiple people want to let go of some stuff?

where are you located?

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #531 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:33:47 »
My keycaps orders breached the small flat rate box tier even just ordering 2 sets.

Please help to answer these questions so that I can work with my countrymen to do combined shipment
1. How many keycaps can we fit into the Medium flat rate box?
2. what is the shipping cost for Medium Flat rate box?
3. Can you please give me some extra time to modify the orders as consolidating the orders might take a while from my side?

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:39:16 by kaiserreich »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:34:02 »
dudes and dudettes: it turns out that stuff costs money. please don't flame your kindly local GB organizers. thanks buds!

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #533 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:39:17 »
Seriously, you have no idea -- and neither did we -- how complicated the shipping and cost calculation really is.  Over the past several days, Matt3o, me, more experienced GB-sponsors and not one but two tax professionals have been working on these calculations for something like six hours per day.  Then Matt3o puts it into code and the results pop out.

We don't have the DSA keys here yet (obviously) but we have lots of other keys.  And we have a few DSA keys.  So we weighed them to estimate that, I personally placed sample volumes of keysets into actual USPS flat-rate boxes, and did everything we could do to ensure that (a) everyone would actually get their keycaps and (b) the organizers wouldn't be left with a big financial hole.

Also, the order form and many of Matt3o's posts contained the message that the numbers were the raw numbers from SP before any of the other costs.  Since we know that PayPal adds fees, SP adds sorting fees and freight, packing supplies aren't free, some people will have to pay Sales Tax, and somehow the keycaps have to be sent around the planet, perhaps it was a mistake to use a lower-than-possible cost  in the pricing page.  This exposed all of the actual extras that make this non-profit event seem to be expensive.

Also, I've already stated that we have to work out special costing and payment for large orders, including, for example, vendor shipments to Vietnam.  We will do so, but in the meantime, the pricing calculation treats those as enormous personal orders.  They won't be.

This is apparently the downside of transparency.  Nobody on this end is trying to make money or lose money. We are trying to get spiffy keycaps custom-made and shipped to enthusiasts around the globe safely and quickly.

Sorry for the rant and good morning all!

Amen!

dudes and dudettes: it turns out that stuff costs money. please don't flame your kindly local GB organizers. thanks buds!

Alleluja!

How many keycaps can we fit into the Medium flat rate box?
Can you please give me some time while I consolidate the shipping from my countrymen so that I can save a bit more on S&H?

200 keys is the approx limit. But also the total amount spent is part of the equation.

Orders will be final tomorrow I believe. Monday if SP takes time to confirm the final quote.

Illinois

can't help you then, sorry. ask some US fellow.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:45:15 »
@matt3o,

I am not very clear with the shipping options being offered here and I hope to obtain more information to make a better decision for this. So forgive me if I am sounding rude, but since you want to finalize the orders quickly, I hope to get a fast response from you as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what you are saying, anything less than 200 keys will ship in a small flat rate box. I understand that there are huge vendor shipments that are considered exceptions. But what about anything above that for personal orders, what is the shipping option and cost, is it the same option if I order say... 5 sets or 10 sets ?

Also, can you please help to provide the time when no more change in orders are accepted.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:56:38 by kaiserreich »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:00:03 »
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what you are saying, anything less than 200 keys will ship in a small flat rate box. What about anything above that, what is the shipping option and cost, is it the same option if I order say... 5 sets (600 keys) ?

the max you pay is $60, but samwisekoi has to sort some special scenarios (vendor's and big orders to some exotic locations).

Also, can you please help to provide the time when no more change in orders are accepted.

I'm willing to close this Friday 23:59 GMT. But SP is closed tomorrow so it is unlikely that we are going to make this until Monday.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #536 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:04:38 »
People in Calif will have to pay tax?  Well, that's the first.  The sales tax here is what?  9 percent?
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:08:04 »
People in Calif will have to pay tax?  Well, that's the first.  The sales tax here is what?  9 percent?

8.625%

samwisekoi knows better

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:31:11 »
Thanks to Matt and Sam for all of this effort!

I think the transparency is great but some may not be used to it.  Most of the organizers bake some of these costs into the price of the keys.  Matt showed you what the true cost of the keys are.  Now you know about all of the other expenses that GB organizers have to deal with.  We're all in this together and it is good for everyone to understand where their money goes and why.

Once this round is over, it will be easier for Matt's software to guesstimate a final price to a given location and give people a better idea of the various overhead costs.  Hopefully, this will avoid sticker shock in the future.
Russ

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:37:00 »
Next time (if there will ever be a next time) I'll include all the expenses from the beginning. That's for sure.

Offline TDub

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:39:51 »
If there is some combined shipment for Germany, I would definitely be in! Also is anyone in Germany willing to sell the 1.5 plum modifiers and either the green or plum enter from their Tenkeyless Plum set for my ErgoDox?
I originally wanted to add to Tenkeyless and either sell most of the keys or use them for my poker, but they add 20+ dollars in shipping and I probably don't need them.

Another Question: When you ship internationally, how are you marking the package? I'm asking because those of us in Germany might end up paying import taxes close to 20% on top of everything.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #541 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:40:42 »
folks, if you don't like the price you've been given, you're free to drop out of the buy. no one is forcing you to participate in this.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline pasph

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:45:30 »
Another Question: When you ship internationally, how are you marking the package? I'm asking because those of us in Germany might end up paying import taxes close to 20% on top of everything.

It seems to me that we have the right to have an answer

folks, if you don't like the price you've been given, you're free to drop out of the buy. no one is forcing you to participate in this.

Thanks for the kindly words
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:08:17 »

Thanks for the kindly words

Rabble Rousers are problematic to group buys.  Usually when folks are given less information and feel like they can't get any there are less complications from such people.  I believe mkawa is making a point to ground people back into reality.  The reality is that this is a group buy.  The organizers do their best to make sure the product is made, and it can only be made with group cooperation.  Feeling cheated/discriminated before making suggestions just shows how willing people are to criticize without first suggesting a solution.  If people have vital information that could help shipping why not suggest it?  If people from Germany want their packages marked a way that saves them 20% then why not suggest it?  If you don't like how it's being done because you feel a helpless victim then you can drop out, like mkawa suggested, or you can contribute/participate like a helpful group-buyer all-the-while remembering that you isn't the boss!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:12:57 »
Next time (if there will ever be a next time) I'll include all the expenses from the beginning. That's for sure.

You're doing a great job, Matt, don't sweat the crying.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #545 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:14:21 »
So if this closes to order modifications this Friday or Monday the 25th then when will the payment deadline be?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:26:23 »

It seems to me that we have the right to have an answer

For USPS Small Boxes under $400 USD sent to GERMANY or ITALY we must complete USPS form 2976.  It contains FROM and TO addresses plus:

Contents:    Merchandise
Description:    Plastic keycaps
Qty:    Actual quantity
Weight:    Actual weight
Value:    Cost before shipping
HS Tariff:    n/a
Country of Origin:    USA
AES Exemption:    NOEEI § 30.37(a) - less than $2500 USD, not destined for Cuba or North Korea.

You can check for yourself at http://postcalc.usps.com/.

- Ron | samwisekoi

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #547 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:28:31 »
I'm waiting for a release to use the stepped 1.75 key. I believe this is very important and worth waiting a couple of days for it.

So.

Orders freeze:
This Sunday, February 24 at 23:59:59 GMT

There might be some very small price variations in the next few days (in the +/- $2 range, so I hope this won't be a problem). Please note the final price is taking some time because we are trying to make things right. I could have blindly added shipping based on keycaps number, instead I'm making an average between total cost spent and keycaps number.

Payment deadline is:
Friday, March 1 at 23:59:59 GMT

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:20:01 by Matt3o »

Offline Laladila

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:07:41 »
Thanks for your answers Matt3eo  :)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #549 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:19:49 »
Because that's the order CHANGE deadline, not the place an order deadline.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens