Author Topic: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | GB LIVE!  (Read 176984 times)

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | BROWN/EARTH Novelties
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 10:24:34 »
Looks great! First keycap GB I'm really considering.

I think the novelties could be better though, the difference in the stroke sizes make it seem a little off for me.

Noted on this one, Brother! Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 21:53:33 »
Set looks amazing - love the unique vibe the colors give off, and appreciate adding the brown novelties. Are the brown novelties going to be a separate kit? Also is there a reason why some of the graphics (e.g. "Create") aren't on the brown novelties?

On the subject I'm actually also wondering why there are so many light/tan novelties when there aren't any light/tan mods in the kit. The only situation when I can see someone using the tan novelties are with the base+oxidane kit (dark keys with light accents) - and even then they're probably only going to be using the Esc & Enter keys as accents and not the other R2 & R4 mods. Otherwise if they just have the base kit, having only some of the mods in the alpha color looks a bit weird. If you can only do 2 colors in the novelty kits then I would recommend the blue and brown since those are your primary mod and accent colors; or maybe keep the blue novelties as-is, and scale back the tan & brown novelties to just include the Esc/R1 and Enter keys, since those are mainly going to be used as accents anyways.

Anyways just some thoughts to consider.. don't mean to sound overly critical or anything but just want to see this set succeed since this is one of the first sets where I'm actually interested in potentially getting the novelties as well; but the way the kitting is looking right now I'm not 100% sure.

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful creative art critic! For the brown novelties, yes, this is a separate kit. I'm currently working on the Novelties side, people from my IC suggested it for me. I'm taking a consider of your suggestions, I'm also planning the same regarding on blue and brown novelties. It's okay! Thank you for the feedback, brother! I appreciate it a lot.  :thumb:

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | COLLABS ANNOUNCED
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 21:55:04 »
January 14, 2020 Update:

Added EARTH TONES x NERD CABLES

Up Next:
Wrist Rest
Artisans

:thumb:

Offline Xifi.1923

• Learning the ways of the keeb.
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 05:01:25 »
Since I already made an account let me also just comment on something which I am eyeing to get sometime soon. GMK with Baybayin Alphas? Sign me up!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 22:52:38 »
Since I already made an account let me also just comment on something which I am eyeing to get sometime soon. GMK with Baybayin Alphas? Sign me up!

Awwww! Thank you so much, Xifi!  :D <3

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | GB ANNOUNCED
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 02:54:42 »
Jan 20, 2021 Update:

GB SCHED ANNOUNCED!

Up next:
More Collabs
Price List

:p

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 03:19:34 »
Please add UK ISO, such a superb set not to have it. 
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline malde

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 03:31:59 »
Please take another look at the novelties. In my opinion they aren't properly thought through.
For example: there are no Human/Skintone modifiers anywhere else to be found, so why are there novelty mods in that color? Wouldn't they look "off" when used with all the Water colored mods? Might be okayish with the Oxidane alphas, but not sure about that. Might need some renders.
Maybe take another look at the novelties and where they would actually be used/placed. Enter/Esc as different colored accents are absolutely fine and kind of the norm. But just random different colored mods (especially in just the bottom row) are somewhat noisy in my opinion.

If it where up to me, I'd throw out the Human colored mods from the novelties and replace them with Earth. And please, give us the Earth create-enter.
In the current state they are in, I will most likely skip the novelties.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 03:41:16 »
Please take another look at the novelties. In my opinion they aren't properly thought through.
For example: there are no Human/Skintone modifiers anywhere else to be found, so why are there novelty mods in that color? Wouldn't they look "off" when used with all the Water colored mods? Might be okayish with the Oxidane alphas, but not sure about that. Might need some renders.
Maybe take another look at the novelties and where they would actually be used/placed. Enter/Esc as different colored accents are absolutely fine and kind of the norm. But just random different colored mods (especially in just the bottom row) are somewhat noisy in my opinion.

If it where up to me, I'd throw out the Human colored mods from the novelties and replace them with Earth. And please, give us the Earth create-enter.
I agree, the novelties look off and don't contain the message of human and nature. Apart from that, I also propose drop the novelties in creamy colors since that is alpha color and merge the brown ones with the green-ish ones.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 04:31:49 »

I agree, the novelties look off and don't contain the message of human and nature. Apart from that, I also propose drop the novelties in creamy colors since that is alpha color and merge the brown ones with the green-ish ones.

Thank you so much for your creative critics! I'm currently working on my novelties right now. I'll be merging the brown (Earth) and blue (Oxidane) into one novelty kit.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 00:27:47 by zionsped »

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 04:35:34 »
Noted on this one, brother! Thank you!  :thumb:

Offline aclassynerd

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 10:03:53 »
so when is the GB date? i dont see it even on the OP

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 10:26:07 »

Great, looking forward to the update.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 10:31:39 »
GB in June 2021

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 00:33:03 »

June 1-30 2021

Great, looking forward to the update.

GB in June 2021

Thanks!  :D

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | NOVELTIES REVAMPED!
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 00:37:55 »
Jan 21, 2021 Update:

Merged the Sapiens novelties and Earth novelties.  :p Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, guys!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 00:56:46 »
Jan 21, 2021 Update:

Merged the Sapiens novelties and Earth novelties.  :p Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, guys!
Thanks for the fast action. Also, you have any more plans for the base kit? After consulting many sets I see the pattern that a lot of them include accent arrow keys in base. I know this will increase the price but can you provide some renders of the same 65% keyboard with accent arrows? So people can decide if they want them in base or not since they don't exist for now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 04:25:59 by nvh2092 »

Offline malde

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 04:07:57 »
Jan 21, 2021 Update:

Thank you, much better in my opinion!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 04:24:37 »
Jan 21, 2021 Update:

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 10:54:01 »
Jan 21, 2021 Update:

Thank you, much better in my opinion!

Thank you so much!  ;D

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 12:45:53 »
I am not much of a artsy person so I will admit I personally don't really see the symbolism and message behind this picture and the whole concept behind this set.
Which means the novelties are not for me, I would have prefered something more simple.

But the colors of this set sure are beautiful enough to make me want the base set.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 12:05:47 »
I am not much of a artsy person so I will admit I personally don't really see the symbolism and message behind this picture and the whole concept behind this set.
Which means the novelties are not for me, I would have prefered something more simple.

But the colors of this set sure are beautiful enough to make me want the base set.
Thank you so much for your creative critic!  :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 21:18:23 »
As someone who has too many caps hiragana sublegends, I really like the clean look of the base/mod-colored alphas. As a Filipino, I feel like it's my civic duty to grab that Baybayin set (which also looks great).

Offline PusaCat666

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 22:23:12 »
Set looks amazing - love the unique vibe the colors give off, and appreciate adding the brown novelties. Are the brown novelties going to be a separate kit? Also is there a reason why some of the graphics (e.g. "Create") aren't on the brown novelties?

On the subject I'm actually also wondering why there are so many light/tan novelties when there aren't any light/tan mods in the kit. The only situation when I can see someone using the tan novelties are with the base+oxidane kit (dark keys with light accents) - and even then they're probably only going to be using the Esc & Enter keys as accents and not the other R2 & R4 mods. Otherwise if they just have the base kit, having only some of the mods in the alpha color looks a bit weird. If you can only do 2 colors in the novelty kits then I would recommend the blue and brown since those are your primary mod and accent colors; or maybe keep the blue novelties as-is, and scale back the tan & brown novelties to just include the Esc/R1 and Enter keys, since those are mainly going to be used as accents anyways.

Anyways just some thoughts to consider.. don't mean to sound overly critical or anything but just want to see this set succeed since this is one of the first sets where I'm actually interested in potentially getting the novelties as well; but the way the kitting is looking right now I'm not 100% sure.

While I totally agree with this as I was about to make the same comment, the novelties just doesnt connect with me aside from the "create" and "eh" (lol this is too funny as a filipino myself, i use this interjection a lot) - the rest of what infu said was spot on. Eitherway, this is a really nice set, comes with the total package if you're in for it like the deskmat and the custom cable. Wanna see this go on and succeed. Im in  if this pushes thru. GG

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 02:23:47 »
As someone who has too many caps hiragana sublegends, I really like the clean look of the base/mod-colored alphas. As a Filipino, I feel like it's my civic duty to grab that Baybayin set (which also looks great).

Thank you sooo much, Kabayan!  :thumb:

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 02:25:38 »

While I totally agree with this as I was about to make the same comment, the novelties just doesnt connect with me aside from the "create" and "eh" (lol this is too funny as a filipino myself, i use this interjection a lot) - the rest of what infu said was spot on. Eitherway, this is a really nice set, comes with the total package if you're in for it like the deskmat and the custom cable. Wanna see this go on and succeed. Im in  if this pushes thru. GG

Thank you so much! I've added a design study for my novelties above to explain each symbolism used on my novelties.  :thumb: Salamat, Kabayan!

Offline dr_crombel

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 07:35:31 »
Salamat sa June GB date :thumb:
My wallet needs to regenerate first.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 13:15:44 »
Salamat sa June GB date :thumb:
My wallet needs to regenerate first.
Brother, ako po ang dapat mag pasalamat sa inyo!  ;D

Offline Chaychiano

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 15:06:41 »
What a great set, not to mention how well put together this ic is too!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 08:46:54 »
What a great set, not to mention how well put together this ic is too!
Thank you so muuuuuuch!  ;D

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | More Collabs Announced!
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 07:00:36 »
Jan 29, 2021 update:

Wooden Wrist Rest - Iron Meets Wood
Wooden Artisan - Tokeys
Coiled Cables - G Cables

Up next:
RAMA Collab!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | Iron Meets Wood & Tokeys collab!
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 23:12:04 »
Feb 2, 2021 update:
Added Iron Meets Wood (wooden wrist rest) for PH Market
Added Tokeys (wooden artisan keycap) for PH Market

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 10:39:46 »
Feb 2, 2021 update:

never felt so lucky to be in the PH Market

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 10:47:05 »
Iron Meets Wood and Tokeys ftw! ;)

Offline irajames

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 01:35:57 »
Exciting stuff ahead! Definitely watching this one

Offline Aeterna

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 08:30:30 »
Very excited about this one even though it would scar my wallet. I was hoping there would be an "Eh." etched on the middle of the IMW wrist rest.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 21:38:11 »
Feb 2, 2021 update:

never felt so lucky to be in the PH Market

Thank you soooo much!  :p

Offline Cyborgalds

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 00:46:04 »
man 100% this is lit! i'm buying this asap

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 20:39:00 »
Iron Meets Wood and Tokeys ftw! ;)

Yesssss Sir!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 23:44:53 »
Feb 8, 2021

- Added GCables for PH Market!

Up Next:

RAMA ARTISAN!!!!!!  :p :p :p :p

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 08:10:46 »
Very excited about this one even though it would scar my wallet. I was hoping there would be an "Eh." etched on the middle of the IMW wrist rest.

Hmmm, interesting. Noted on this one!! Thank you so much  :thumb:

Offline Reebes

Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | GCables collab!
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 08:26:58 »
Very cool. Beautiful colours, cool inspiration! Looks like these novelties are pretty polarizing lmao. I probably wouldn’t get them but the other collabs are too nice to give up!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 22:13:02 »
Very cool. Beautiful colours, cool inspiration! Looks like these novelties are pretty polarizing lmao. I probably wouldn’t get them but the other collabs are too nice to give up!

Awww, thank you so much, Reebes!  :D :D :D

Offline Kyle_Kun

• u/DraynedOG on reddit
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 15:39:04 »
This looks really cool

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 16:39:42 »
I think a more drastic change is needed for the novelties kit. Right now it would cost a lot for repetitive keys. So I would recommend making some changes like: all the keys that can replace mod keys: keep only the blue-ish color. The accent color novelties can be keep for a few R1 1u keys and 2 enter keys. Also, since you have quite a number of renders on 65 layout. It would be a good idea to move and change some of the novelties design to fit a column of 1u keys from R4 to R1 so you can use them to replace End, Pgdn, PdUp, Home, etc.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2021, 00:23:25 by nvh2092 »

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 22:43:45 »
This looks really cool

Thank you sooo much!  :p

I think a more drastic change is needed for the novelties kit. Right now it would cost a lot for repetitive keys. So I would recommend making some changes like: all the keys that can replace mod keys: keep only the blue-ish color. The accent color novelties can be keep for a few R1 1u keys and 2 enter keys. Also, since you have quite a number of render on 65 layout. It would be a good idea to move and change some of the novelties design to fit a column of 1u keys form R4 to R1 so you can use them to replace End, Pgdn, PdUp, Home, etc.

Hi again, Brother! Noted on this one! I'll keep this in mind brother. Thank you so much for your help!!  :D :D :D

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES | RAMA ARTISANS!
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 02:42:54 »
Feb 10, 2021 updated:

- Added RAMA artisans!

Offline genevatypes

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 02:31:54 »
Dude, I'm in this. I'm going to buy this just for the legends. Proud Filipina

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 22:20:12 »
Dude, I'm in this. I'm going to buy this just for the legends. Proud Filipina
Thank you sooo much!  ;) Ingat po palagi!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [IC] GMK EARTH TONES
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 01:48:42 »