Author Topic: Best business full-sized to get with Cherry Browns?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline keyjay

Best business full-sized to get with Cherry Browns?
« on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 00:02:56 »
I've been using a full-sized Leopold with Browns from EK for years and love it. Black with white lettering.

I have as similar one that I had made for me a few years ago by WASD that I use at home, but the lettering has worn off (again) and now the keyboard is intermittently acting up. I need to replace it.

I was hoping to find something quieter that feels similar. I tried a Type Heaven but it just doesn't let me type as fast and accurately as the Browns. I tried a Quite Pro but it has an activation force that's way above my comfort zone. (It's 65g.)

I like 45g (which is what Browns and the Type Heaven have).

I like a black keyboard, and I need to see the lettering (white) -- preferably laser-etched.

I've seen various offerings but most of them are "gaming" styles and I don't want any of that nonsense on my keyboard. I want a business-grade styling and build with Cherry Browns.

I will be adding o-ring dampeners.

I'm buying in the US.

I'd greatly appreciate suggestions on the best keyboard to get for my purposes.

Thanks!

Offline keyjay

Re: Best business full-sized to get with Cherry Browns?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 02:59:38 »
Best bet WASD?

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 06:43:05 »
You could just replace the keycaps on one of the boards you already have. A nice set of thick dye-sub PBT caps will feel great and never wear out.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 07:45:31 »
For a full size board, I would check offerings from Ducky or Filco.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline samhwang

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 01:50:02 »
I would recommend Filco Majestouch 2 or the Rosewill RK-9000 (must be this explicit series), or even one same Leopold like the one you are using.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 23:17:06 »
WASD V2

or even a DasKeyboard 4 Pro

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:40:50 »
If you love the Leopold, why not get another Leopold (the FC900R comes in a version with top or front printed PBT keycaps that are very nice).

If the WASD weren't acting up, I'd recommend getting a nice set of doubleshot caps for it, so the legends will never wear out and they improve the feel of a board.

I know these aren't White on Black, but they're very smart and businesslike and if the colourway appeals to you, they're really top quality caps: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/originative-gmk-dolch

Thick doubleshot keycaps in Cherry profile made by GMK, with a consistent underside gap which suits thin orings. Your fingers will appreciate them :)

Or if you don't mind getting just a little more colour in your life, there's SkiData+, also going to be made by GMK: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74079.0
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.